• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Pirate Folly’s A Red Carpet –with Crappy pics story

Ok I was planning on trying to meet up with Micechat Disney folks meet near Emporium on Main Street –All the people kept talking about getting there at 4:30am (Yikes) I figured not caring about getting autographs (Not big into that) and just wanting to get some good pictures -(because I went last year with my soon to be EX-wife and had a great time in Town Square area after rolling in around 1pm) that I would show up at 7am and maybe get a spot at the back of this group or fringe (and maybe chat with some Disney folks all day and meet some of you myspace Micechat Disney folks –I’ve never meet in person.

Well foolish me for showing up as late as 7am. The whole town square area in front of Train station was completely blocked off this year. Most likely due to the fact that overly generous Johnny Depp and Orlando spent nearly an hour and a half last year just getting around the hub signing autographs and taking pictures with folks. (This apparently pissed off the media last year) –because they were stuck interviewing the Dancing with the Stars C-list celebs and then having to wait for Keira, Johnny and Orlando for hours. So this year the media got there way and the whole of town square was blocked off so that the celebs were funneled into media town first –so unless you were one of the folks that decided 4:30 (Again Yikes) was a good time to get to the D-land parking lot you were **** out of luck..

Once I realized that I was stuck at the end of the red Carpet five rows deep –because I woke up at 6am. I figured –oh well I have a book (Death Match –by Lincoln Child) -I’ll be ok. I should have realized being as far back as I was that my best bet would have been to go on rides and find a nice shady spot to read or hang out that when it got to around 3pm when the premiere was nearing and everyone pulled up there blankets and stood up and moved forward –that I would have been better off finding a better fifth row spot somewhere on Main street after everyone moved forward. ( In fact many last minute Charlie’s as anyone who has worked Parades of Fantasmic at Disneyland land knows---were able to get just as good a spot as I was after wasting a Saturday sitting on the ground. ---Here then is my bad photos and comments from the event—starting with a few good photos of actual Premiere area in New Orleans (Yah $1,500 bucks for commoners for charity)

I'm too tired to repost my whole myspace blog again so here is link followed by a few sample pictures if you are interested.
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...p=1&indicate=1

Fake Jack Sparrow saw about 10 of those

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Re: Pirate Folly’s A Red Carpet –with Crappy pics story

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Here are some more pictures --- P.S how do you get it to say that there are pictures in your post? anyone?

Spot Orlando in this picture

There he is

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Kobe!

• Defying gravity

Nice TR. I liked your pictures!

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Thanks--i just meant compared to last year --when we got really good video footage of Keira --Orlando and Johnny --this year i was back further and in end of carpet area that only got a few ok shots compared to Dead Man's Chest premiere.
    Many more pics in Myspace blog

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...3-dc80a1d7c7a9

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brad chowen View Post
    Fake Jack Sparrow saw about 10 of those
    Yeah we were baffled as to why so many people would dress up as pirates. These guys actually had pretty good costumes but some of them were terrible!