Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Why Nothing Will Beat MCs Coverage of the 'Pirates' Premiere

Blurry photos. Erratic video. Crashing websites. It just doesn’t get any better.

Seriously.

This morning, dozens of intrepid MiceChatters nursed POTC hangover from yesterday’s marathon day at Disneyland. Most arrived early, jostling for position up and down the red carpet to establish the best base camps they could find—and then they waited . . . and waited. A select few even managed to get inside the ropes as members of the media, invited guests or benefactors of the Make a Wish Foundation.

For the rest of us, we lived vicariously through the privileged, savoring every morsel of information posted and uploaded as it happened by the likes of MasterGracey, Sadako and the Visions Fantastic crew. News came sporadically, even sloppily, subject to the fickle whims of camera batteries, Photobucket accounts and wireless Internet connections.

It was perfect.

Disney, Starz, E! and countless other media outlets will broadcast carefully edited and slickly produced clips from the Pirates red carpet. We’ll hear generic sound bites from all sorts of Hollywood creative types—some directly affiliated with the movie, some not—espousing how great POTC3’s going to be and how exciting it is to be at the premiere. Rewind to last year and the comments will sound just like those heard at the Dead Man’s Chest premiere. And they will all fall short of the immediacy and raw enthusiasm we shared and will continue to share with fellow MiceChatters as they post their pictures, comments and video clips.

Forget the blow-dried, teeth whitened interviewers from the cable networks. The POTC premiere to me was 20 MC’ers bringing MiceChat Live! crashing to the ground—and MiceChat with it. It was Mom2dzneboys fighting a phalanx of photographers to take some great celebrity close-ups. It was bella getting a wink from Orlando and a kiss from Johnny on her birthday. It was MasterGracey apologizing for having to use his cell phone camera (no apologies necessary, the pics came out great). It was every hardcore Disney fan that braved the predawn chill and the late afternoon sun to be part of an event—and brought it back here to share.

To Visions Fantastic, you were the only ones to even attempt a live webcast. Thanks for taking us there. To ALIASd, again your industry contacts and reporting prowess made for an amazing article. The MC News Team is lucky to have you. Sue Kruse at MiceAge, no one covers premieres like you do. Outstanding job!

Finally—and I hope this isn’t misinterpreted—I think I love Aniko’s mom.

In 2006, Time Magazine named “You” as their Person of the Year, meaning “connected” people who share their experiences, observations, and personal eyewitnessing with the world, whether it’s through MySpace, YouTube or community sites like MiceChat. Maybe we’re not curing cancer here, but we are putting our stamp on events that matter to us, and doing it faster and with more heart than the so-called “professionals."

We’re bringing people together. I think that’s a cause for celebration.

Savvy?

Re: Why Nothing Will Beat MCs Coverage of the 'Pirates' Premiere

aye.

i couldn't agree more.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Circle of Ancients

DisneyTim, nice breakdown of the events of last night. Something that will be talked about on MiceChat for a long time to come.

• Know More Than You Should

Hear hear!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Wonderfully expressed! There's nothing like MiceChat!
    Rick

• Merry 2014!

To all of you who bring us Micechatters so much of your souls and hearts, I salute YOU!

Sig by Poisonedapples!

• For You!

I agree!!! Tim - what a beautifully written thread. All I can say, is that I loved every minute of every breakdown, blurry pictures, chopped up live feed and commentary from those MC'ers that were glued to their seats at home waiting in great anticipation for the glimpse of a celebrity - and trying to figure who in the heck that was!!!!!

I had a blast last night.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Add me to those who really truly couldn't agree more! I tried to watch the E coverage tonight and frankly, I was bored! You expressed everything I was thinking while I was watching it! Other than looking for other MC'ers in the background, there was no "fun" in it. No mystery if the show would reach its inevitable conclusion. No wondering if their batteries would last long enough to get to the good parts, while still giving us all the early stuff just because they knew we were here waiting. So, it is with pride I say "MICECHAT ROCKS!" and I'm so lucky to have been there! (well, not the breaking it part, I sorta felt bad to be a part of that, but hey, localdisnyfan and the Clinks and MG have all taken the blame at some point, so I think I'm in the clear?)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Add me to those who really truly couldn't agree more! I tried to watch the E coverage tonight and frankly, I was bored! You expressed everything I was thinking while I was watching it! Other than looking for other MC'ers in the background, there was no "fun" in it. No mystery if the show would reach its inevitable conclusion. No wondering if their batteries would last long enough to get to the good parts, while still giving us all the early stuff just because they knew we were here waiting. So, it is with pride I say "MICECHAT ROCKS!" and I'm so lucky to have been there! (well, not the breaking it part, I sorta felt bad to be a part of that, but hey, localdisnyfan and the Clinks and MG have all taken the blame at some point, so I think I'm in the clear?)
    Agreed, while video may have been eh, we had fun.

We crashed two maybe three sites, so we are good to go.

Thanks to the brave souls at VF and here at MC. It will be not be forgotten by me.

•   
    • Senior Minion

So this is what happens when I'm in a NyQuil coma!?!?! God I love MC!

•   
    • Super Hero

In a time of overly-slick, predictable, sound-bite centered media coverage, Micechat put all the big guns to shame. So many of us were glued to our computers, waiting for updates from our imbedded field reporters. VisionsFantastic, HUGE kudos to all of you for undertaking what felt like bootleg on-the-scene coverage of the event (and I say that in the nicest way because it was so exciting and unpredictable!).

Thank you to all of you who stood out in the sun, braved the crowds, and took the time and effort to share with us. It was the next best thing to being there.

GREAT job, everyone.

WW
    **I helped crash MiceChat!**

• "Always On The Move..."

Thanks to MiceChat I've already found a pic of me and my sis on the Red Carpet. (Me in my Ren/Pirate Garb). But while I was fortunate enough to get to see the film, MiceChat is what made this possible. The info shared here led me to the first premier, and new info led me to get to experience the walk and film. The pics posted by everyone are absolutely georgous!!! (Mine won't be up until sometime after CIV (Star Wars Celebration) next week. ) But again, thanks to all of you that keep us informed, post the pics, support us in our tears, and laugh with us through the good times.

AS SAID ABOVE... "MICECHAT ROCKS!!!"

Hugs to all of you!!! And thank you guys for helping make a lifetime dream come true!!

-Stitchers

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Feeling LOVED

Thank you Tim It was such fun. This site is amazing!!!
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Why Nothing Will Beat MC

Thanks for the kind words, Tim. And I agree, MiceChat's the best. Glad I could have been part of something so great with such a great group of people.

Yo ho!, indeed.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• rockin butter sponge!

Savvy!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast