• Taming Randomness

Question Help ... Lost AP ... temporary pass option?

Because we live some 250 miles away from the park we haven't been since early January.

When looking for our passes tonite (we're planning on driving down Tuesday night to visit the Park on Wednesday) we couldn't find them.

So ... the question ... does Disneyland still have a one day "we left our passes at home" temporary pass that we could take advantage of?

If so, that would give us another few months to find the real ones before we head back down again in September. That way we could possibly avoid paying $20 for each of the six of us.

Thanks a bunch!

• n/a

Re: Help ... Lost AP ... temporary pass option?

They do have a one day once a year free pass. Ifyou go and fill out a police report they'll replace your APs for free.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Taming Randomness

Wow ... that was a quick reply!

Thanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    They do have a one day once a year free pass.
    Glad they still have that option.

Ifyou go and fill out a police report they'll replace your APs for free.
    Disney police or regular police? Would I have to say that I lost the passes in Anaheim or on the park property or some such? After all, if I say "my sneaky 5-year-old probably hid them in his bedroom" the police report wouldn't be very convincing.

• Thanks, Ollie

It would only need to be the Disney Security if your passes were "stolen" on property.

I dunno, I wouldn't mess with faking a police report...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Just ask for the Temporary Pass, it is free and no worries. And if you came from out of town and needed one for a couple of days in a row, they will be nice enough to do that also.

The one thing you will need to do is head to City Hall after entering the park, since the temporary pass has no bar code. Just show the Pass and they will hand you a special FASTPASS barcode ticket.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Taming Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Just ask for the Temporary Pass, it is free and no worries. And if you came from out of town and needed one for a couple of days in a row, they will be nice enough to do that also.

The one thing you will need to do is head to City Hall after entering the park, since the temporary pass has no bar code. Just show the Pass and they will hand you a special FASTPASS barcode ticket.
    Thanks for the FASTPASS tip!

One more question ... while this is a once per year temporary pass, the idea that they're willing to let you have several days in a row might suggest they may be willing to let a family do this more than once per year without paying the $20 replacement charge. Do you know of any instances of this occurring? I am afraid that if I can't find the passes in my office tomorrow they might actually be lost and I would love the opportunity to avoid paying $20 for each of six passes.

Thanks...

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

That's what I would do too. I wouldn't mess with this police report thing. First being that it's dishonest. I keep my pass in my wallet AT ALL TIMES. I may visit every three-six months, but I know where my pass is.
    As described in another thread of the same subject, it's just best to use your day pass and then search for your real pass. If you can't find it, then next time just pay the $20. Luckily they don't make you pay full price again.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino View Post
    Thanks for the FASTPASS tip!

One more question ... while this is a once per year temporary pass, the idea that they're willing to let you have several days in a row might suggest they may be willing to let a family do this more than once per year without paying the $20 replacement charge. Do you know of any instances of this occurring? I am afraid that if I can't find the passes in my office tomorrow they might actually be lost and I would love the opportunity to avoid paying $20 for each of six passes.

Thanks...
    Just to forewarn, I know someone who did this and they only allowed one day.

I also would not fake a police report. The tickets have to be listed as either stolen or lost in a fire. The police report has to be from where they were stolen from. I lost ours in a fire. I had to bring a fire report and a report stating that they were lost in the fire (I also brought pics.) I don't think you should falsify the report if they weren't stolen.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.