Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Splash Mountain is based on the movie "Song of the South" It has yet to be released on video, but a DVD release is planned for 2006.

There are several threads about this movie with various opinions- use the search function to find them if you are really curious.

Hope this helps.
    I do look forward to this happening in 2006. Not only is Song of the South way overdue. How great it would be if there were to be a remake or a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    even better is the saturday night live sketch with Tracy Morgan as Uncle Remus advertising malt liquor- the birds were an alcohol induced hallucination.
    Well, I hope this version wouldn/t have anything to do with a sequel.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Song of the South is a wonderful movie. You just have to remember it is history we overcome history and move on, but the story is ageless it could be about any kind hearted person in a suppressed life that still has HEART. the underprivliged , the handicapped , the poor... I see it more as a movie depicting feelings and heart and love and accepting the obstacles that life dishes out in any way and not letting these obstacles embitter your outlook on life... if only more people has a laughing place...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12