Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Sadako's Inspirational Night Time visit to the Sub Lagoon [Darla Pics and Video]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sadako

The mysterious Exit Only sign...

Although it does seem like a pseudo-plausable exit...

^_^

Did you take the bolt?

Now you need take a close look at the rock beind the sign.
    There is a hatch in the fake rock to get lights or air shutoff

If you take a look at the walkway there is a rope Break to let Monorail and Sub to exit the area.
    Also I think there will be a castmember be stand there. ( be kind)
    Disneyland think that Queues line for Nemo will get that far.
    Me and Darkbeer photo that area and show the hole for the rope line pole.

I must be wrong area to take the picture of Darla bobs her head in the Lagoon

Photo by Sadako

Great photo and video. thank you
    Last edited by akfandisney; 05-21-2007 at 07:53 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• The one, the only...

Re: Sadako's Inspirational Night Time visit to the Sub Lagoon [Darla Pics and Video]

Great shots! Great report. They did not have Darla tied up that when I saw her. She must be being punished. But I think that tying up children is illegal in California. When I saw her, she was only moving when they fixed her. I think that she is trying to get loose!

FREE DARLA NOW! We need to start the FREE DARLA CAMPAIGN!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I dont see how that can be an exit under ANY circumstances. The "gate" that everybody thinks is there is right in front of a huge rock. The fence is just messed up. Theres no logical way thats a gate or emergency sub exit of any kind. Anyway, the signage matches the Monorail signage, not the blue and yellow Submarine Voyage signage. That "exit only" sign has nothing to do with the Subs.
    Well, it appears to be a rock but then so to other elements around the lagoon that clearly have other functions. SO it's lt's likely a constructed element with some unknown characteristics including, perhaps, moveability.

One should be very hesitant to declare such absolutes as "Theres no logical way thats a gate or emergency sub exit of any kind". You simply don't know for sure. And neither do I.

And 'logically', it has even less to do with the Monorail than the subs, whatever its color. The standard verbiage that appears below the exit sign belongs at entrances and exits, where guests will see it as part of the ride. Are you declaring that's it part of the Monorail ?

Still, it's possible that the gate had some evacuation function in the previous sub incarnation and that under regulations, the sign must remain so long as the fence has a 'break; in it regardless of whether it's an operational exit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Dumb question here, and probably already been said, but are there two Darla's? One for each side of the sub?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I Love Disneyland!!

/\/\ excellent question!!!! There are 2 divers!! hmmmmm
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Great shots Sadako.

Nice to see my crotch making it into a trip report.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

lovely pics Sadako!! just love disney night shots!!

Nice pictures. I hope you overcame your "obstacle".

• Dive ..... Dive.....

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Thank you julie
    It inspired me now to get a passport to fly haha
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

I also miss seeing your photo reports. Fishbulb's getting a one up on you every week. You always have such nice reports and it would be nice to see them on a scheduled basis. Of course, I realize you probably don't have that much time on your hands.

By the way, I was by the lagoon Friday and the seagulls were working. Maybe they were in test mode with all the activity that day, but they were moving around and saying, "mine."

- DPE
    "You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Loved your photos. I guess having only seen still shots of Darla so far that I didn't realize they had her moving at this time. Thanks for the video.

The place looks great and the pics fantastic, really reminds me of the heady halcyon days of the mid 1980's when Tomorrow land has a lot of excitment, motion and neon. With lot's of reasons to spend time there.

I can hardly wait to visit again!

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post

LOOK at all the gorgeous color in the lagoon. We've come a long way since Nautilus was first spotted near the old dock in the fall of '04 (when the Nemo and Submarine Revival rumors really fired up). Amazing how just a few years ago the lagoon was dead and smelled of sun baked chlorine. Christmas has come early for us.

BTW I just cracked up laughing when I saw the pic of the man holding Darla's head. Poor girl.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    Actually, no. It's precisely what JeffYardDog speculated, a gate for passenger evac. Look at the section of flat concrete between the lagoon and the gate. It's an egress passage for a sub caught between the loading dock and the show building that cannot advance into the show building nor return to the dock to unload the passengers.

If you check out the original Darla photo thread, you can see the flat concrete more clearly in daylight. The "EXIT ONLY" sign is displayed for mostly legal purposes, so less cognizant guests won't use the excuse of confusing the evac exit with the ride's actual loading dock when they hurt themselves doing stupid things after witnessing a sub evacuation.
    No, The EXIT ONLY sign is for the Monorail exit. Once the Submarine Voyage opens, the Monorail's ramp exit will be given to Nemo. Only the stairs and the elevator will be used to exit the Monorail. The Monorail exit will be redirected from the stairs to the point where that new "Exit Only" sign is once the Subs open, and there will be a cross-over point through the Nemo queue.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Well, it appears to be a rock but then so to other elements around the lagoon that clearly have other functions. SO it's lt's likely a constructed element with some unknown characteristics including, perhaps, moveability.

One should be very hesitant to declare such absolutes as "Theres no logical way thats a gate or emergency sub exit of any kind". You simply don't know for sure. And neither do I.

And 'logically', it has even less to do with the Monorail than the subs, whatever its color. The standard verbiage that appears below the exit sign belongs at entrances and exits, where guests will see it as part of the ride. Are you declaring that's it part of the Monorail ?

Still, it's possible that the gate had some evacuation function in the previous sub incarnation and that under regulations, the sign must remain so long as the fence has a 'break; in it regardless of whether it's an operational exit.
    Have to been around the Lagoon since the walls came down? That rock ain't movin' anywhere. Furthermore, there are NO hinges anywhere on ony of the fence in this area, therefore it can't be a gate. Additionally, if a Sub broke down in the middle of the lagoon, I'm guessing it would be towed back to the dock, or into the show building where proper evacuation proceedures could occur. They wouldn't evac guests in the middle of the Lagoon where there are no ramps and nowhere to exit. These aren't Pirates of the Caribbean boats freely floating in a flume - they're Subs on a track. They wouldn't be evac'ing people there.

Also, if this so-called emergency exit WAS for Nemo, it would have the blue and yellow Nemo-themed signage. NOT the maroon and bronze Monorail-themed signage. Everything is themed for a reason.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast