Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Sadako's Inspirational Night Time visit to the Sub Lagoon [Darla Pics and Video]

So a few hours ago I set off to the park to get some shots of the Sub Lagoon at Night now that the walls are down and the park closes before sunset on the weekdays.

23 more days until the official opening [14 days until I get to ride!]

The Loading Area looks so peaceful...

The Seagulls are thankfully not on yet (Although I wish people would stop imitating their 'Mine! Mine!' chant when they pass by).

The Colors looks so pretty from this side of the Lagoon

It's also a good vantage point to see inside the show building (Notice the blue lights)

The mysterious Exit Only sign...

Although it does seem like a pseudo-plausable exit...

A duck decided to make his bed in the middle of the Lagoon

I think I see a ghost on top of the Tomorrowland Terrace!

The elusive Darla bobs her head in the Lagoon

Apparently they're still having trouble with her as she's tied to this tree.

Here's my video of Darla moving to the beat of her own drum

[googlevideo] http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...54779166860720[/googlevideo]

Before heading out, I caught "Remember, Dreams Come True" from the side of the Matterhorn. I really needed the inspiration as I have to face a huge obstacle tomorrow. I made a wish and will do as dreamers do...

Tinkerbell prepares for her descent!

I LOVE the Pirates sequence and the cannonball shots from the Matterhorn... which is where I got these beauties:

From here we were able to see the pinwheel go up...

And go off! (The wind was pretty strong)

I stopped by the Sub Lagoon as I made my way out through the Monorail.

Darla was still chillin' with her baggie in hand. (Is that a blue fish in the baggie?)

We can only hope this number remains true...

The sign shines brightly in Tomorrowland

The lights in the back of the show building are on as well.

The loading dock looks lonely yet ready for operation!

I really needed that shot of relaxation and Inspiration... Hopefully this short report imparts that sentiment to everyone who reads it.

^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Sadako's Inspirational Night Time visit to the Sub Lagoon [Darla Pics and Video]

Darla pics and video?! Looks like I know who to not tell my secrets to anymore

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Sadako's Inspirational Night Time visit to the Sub Lagoon [Darla Pics and Video]

I miss seeing your reports. You got some great pictures, the "Remember" Pirates ones are STUNNING! And the video of Darla is just dang creepy. I'm sure it's been asked, but where the heck is this little snorkeling girl found?

• Koubu Pilot

Beautiful Remember shot of the Matterhorn. The Sub's entrance under the Monorail platform looks beautiful with that blue glow (an underwater feeling?).

• Infinitized!

Nice pics of the subs. Now all we need is something operating on those Peoplemover tracks again...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post

The mysterious Exit Only sign...

Although it does seem like a pseudo-plausable exit...

^_^
    Under some evacuation circumstances they might ferry guests a few at a time from the subs to that exit rather than try and take them all the way back to the docks.

• Disney Night Owl

Very cool pictures! The Darla video really creeps me out for some reason but it is definitely neat to see. Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Awesome Report Darla!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Under some evacuation circumstances they might ferry guests a few at a time from the subs to that exit rather than try and take them all the way back to the docks.
    I dont see how that can be an exit under ANY circumstances. The "gate" that everybody thinks is there is right in front of a huge rock. The fence is just messed up. Theres no logical way thats a gate or emergency sub exit of any kind. Anyway, the signage matches the Monorail signage, not the blue and yellow Submarine Voyage signage. That "exit only" sign has nothing to do with the Subs.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Shubisha

Ah! The little girl's drowning! She's tied underwater too?? Man what'd she do to the mafia.

• Beep Beep!

Great job Sadako!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Great pics Sadako! Thanks!

great pics and good to finally meet you last night!

• I'm not really here

It does look very peaceful in the lagoon at night. 23 days till that changes. Great shots of the canon shots off the Matterhorn. We were watching from a similar place on our trip when they lowered Tink out, and they quickly turned all the lights off of her and left her hanging there. Then the Matterhorn got shut down for an hour. Never really did find out what happened for certain.

Great pics again!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I dont see how that can be an exit under ANY circumstances. The "gate" that everybody thinks is there is right in front of a huge rock. The fence is just messed up. Theres no logical way thats a gate or emergency sub exit of any kind. Anyway, the signage matches the Monorail signage, not the blue and yellow Submarine Voyage signage. That "exit only" sign has nothing to do with the Subs.
    Actually, no. It's precisely what JeffYardDog speculated, a gate for passenger evac. Look at the section of flat concrete between the lagoon and the gate. It's an egress passage for a sub caught between the loading dock and the show building that cannot advance into the show building nor return to the dock to unload the passengers.

If you check out the original Darla photo thread, you can see the flat concrete more clearly in daylight. The "EXIT ONLY" sign is displayed for mostly legal purposes, so less cognizant guests won't use the excuse of confusing the evac exit with the ride's actual loading dock when they hurt themselves doing stupid things after witnessing a sub evacuation.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast