Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bat's day 2007

Re: Bat's day 2007

I love Bats Day!! Never had a problem.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I'm not bad...

Well I went last year and had a blast so I will be making a special guest appearance this year. Plus watching little goth children running around is adorable!

Gone but not forgotten.

• I'm not bad...

It's held in August to purposely shake up the system. It would be expected for goths to be there in October. Instead the park is swarmed in summer at the height of tourist season to raise and eyebrow or 2 and ad shock value. Meh.

Gone but not forgotten.

• Looking for Jessica...

Please, What's Bats day?

• I'm not bad...

When the goth's all go to the DL for the day and run amuck in gothic attire! AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK!!! You will see them mostly congregate around Haunted Mansion and New Orleans Square. Chances are there will also be head to toe in JACK SKELLINGTON merch!

Gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbcAlbrr View Post
    Please, What's Bats day?
    http://www.batsday.net/

hey its from when to when?
    my birthday is August 22
    sooo humm i was there last year on my birthday unless they changed dates..
    its not like you don't see gothic people there anyother day :]
    :] best thing around.

• Looking for Jessica...

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    Great answer, Thank you!

• no flash photography...

I've been before. It didn't seem that crowded to me. Everyone was behaving like anyone normally would at DL. My mother was shocked at the outfits, but by the end of the day she was more relaxed about everything. To be fair I didn't tell her it was bats day, because I knew she would not want to go and everyone else wanted to go. I told her as we were entering the park. She did wear black though....

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    Thanks for the info. While reading the first page, I assumed in my head that it stood for Bay Area Transvestites or something .

• Producer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by kidpirate View Post
    It's rather busy, though everyone is all really well behaved. (much better than raver day...)
    i remember reading a goth mag about 8 years ago and there was an article about goth day. it said they were told by CMs that they behaved much better than the visitors on raver day haha.

in defense of the ravers, i'm sure it's hard to behave when you're

tisk tisk if you get that joke haha

• All you need is LOVE

Bats day at the park is great

• potterday.org

I'm finding out there are more Bats Day attendees among the Micechat ilk than I previously anticipated - thought I might be the only one.

I've been proudly attending Bats Day since its inception, and can say without hesitation that they are well behaved and unthreatening to other guests - they're just more enthusiastic than your average park attendee.

Most of us have always resented the fact that Bats Day falls during the hottest time of the year. The date is chosen and defended by the original organizer, Noah, whom we mostly refer to as "The Troll." He chooses it because it's the first Sunday when APs are no longer blocked out, and seasonally it gives more younger attendees a chance to join the fun.

Backstory: the first year was a total fluke. It was organized by the promoters of the nightclubs "Release the Bats" and "Absynthe," who distributed flyers and word among their regular attendees that they should all meet at Disneyland on this particular day. I only knew of it because I was interning on a gothic/industrial college radio show at the time.

Then suddenly there were over 60 of us going on the Haunted Mansion at the same time. The organizers were not expecting a turnout of that magnitude - we were all stoked.

It just became a thing from then on.

Bats Day, though I attend it because my friends go, has lost most of its original charm for me. It is no longer the anomalous novelty it was for the first three years. And I'm no longer on the market, as it were, so there's no use using it as a spooky singles day (which doesn't stop the rest of you). The thing is, I can recite the script to every ride backwards and forwards without mumbling or being ambiguous about a single word. I used to be the one person in the foyer of Mansion who could recite along with Paul Frees with impressive synchronicity (is that a word?). Now you have hundreds of spookyfruits and rivetheads who, bless them for their enthusiasm, just kind of mumble vaguely and then pipe up when they get to the words "... find a way out!" or "...there's always my way." To me, that's like watching someone fold a road map incorrectly and having my mouth taped shut and hands tied behind my back.

Anyway, I don't typically do the mass ride of Mansion at 8pm anymore. But the event, in general, is still of no small amusement to me. Last year we created a spotting game that had to do with finding as many parasols or top-hats as possible. We gave up after an hour because they were easier to spot than Mickey Ears - Savvy? Plus I met the girl I'll probably end up marrying eventually at Bats Day, so it'll always have that.

I'm actually touched at how accepting and understanding all of you... "normal" people are about Bats Day.

I've lost whatever the point of my post was... oh well. Bats Day. Good wholesome fun. Part of a balanced breakfast.
    Last edited by Zoe Necrosis; 05-26-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

i am planning on going this year, with any luck. i have seen bats day before and checked out the info and it looks like alot of fun!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

we went to our first bats day last year and it was such an awesome time for two reasons:

1. bats day its self, what a well planned and fun event!

2. i had just discovered micechat the week before, saw Sadako's infamous video of 2 hooligans caught trying to steal the wicker briefcase from the attic scene in the HM, and just happened to start talking with Fishbulb at the hub (with no clue it was the weekly micechat meet) who introduced me to Sadako in all her catsuited glory....bats day was the true beginning of my MiceChat experience

i wish we could go this year, but we're saving up for our big 11 day trip to so cal in october for Haunt and whatever else we end up doing
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast