• Kenny the Pirate

Closures for Finding Nemo Weekend

I found this on intercot west, posted by mufasa who evidently works for disney...

The actual weekend leading up to the grand opening will mark several adjustments to operations in Tomorrowland. Innoventions that weekend will be closed (starting June 9th), the Jedi Training Academy shows won't begin until 1pm on the 11th (no shows scheduled over the weekend) and entry into Tomorrowland itself for attractions like Space Mountain will be from the main Tomorrowland/hub entrance side (on the 9th and 10th, the back pathway behind the Matterhorn between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland will be blocked off).

Tomorrowland Terrace and the Tomorrowland Train Station are also expected to be closed for the weekend.
    Autopia will be closed that weekend as well, although there is the possibility it may resume operations on the afternoon of the 11th.
    On the 11th, the attraction will not open to the public until 11AM- the current plan is to start the line for the attraction in the morning somewhere near the Matterhorn entrance and at 11AM a group of CMs will then walk the line up to the Finding Nemo attraction entrance, since there is a press event at 10am to mark the official re-launch of the submarines.

I believe the 11th also counts as an early entry morning- there will not be entrance into Tomorrowland scheduled as part of early entry that morning (as far as the current plans that I'm aware of)

Also, effective immediately- Monorail Purple is not in operation which means they are only running Monorail Red on about 15 minute departures (in the morning the Downtown Disney monorail entrance may be restricted to Disneyland Resort Hotel guests only).
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Closures for Finding Nemo Weekend

Innoventions closed!? That's it, I'm never going to Disneyland again. That was my favorite, and now the the magic is ruined forever. Walt would have never allowed this.

• That Guy

Hmm. I will be there the 8-10, but I'm not worried about Nemo, I just hope that my GF and I can still enjoy the resort. I wonder what it will be like? Maybe it won't be too bad because people will want to be there for when Nemo is open, so maybe it will be ok (dream a little dream, huh?)

• Quality not quantity

Hey perhaps my suggestion of using Innoventions to hold the Memo queue in air conditioned comfort was more prophetic than I thought...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• The one, the only...

I am glad that they are making plans, but I really think that long lines will continue beyond the 11th. In fact, I think that if Monsters Inc is any indication, lines will be long for at least a month for subs.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Maybe part of Innoventions will be used as a media center/base?
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I am glad that they are making plans, but I really think that long lines will continue beyond the 11th. In fact, I think that if Monsters Inc is any indication, lines will be long for at least a month for subs.
    But I do think you're comparing two different things. This new ride is supposed to have some AMAZING new technology and is also special just because it is UNDER WATER! there is no ride of its kind at the Disneyland Resort. Although we all treasure our dark rides, Nemo is a new experience that I'm sure MANY more wil be lining up to see. Monsters mostly appealed to the younger crowds, but I believe that Nemo will catch the attention of many others beyond that age group.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by mrtommorrow View Post
    It's served in that capacity before for various events and parties.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Kenny the Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by mrtommorrow View Post
    I believe that Darkbeer mentioned something to that effect a few days back.
    Kenny the Pirate

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    But I do think you're comparing two different things. This new ride is supposed to have some AMAZING new technology and is also special just because it is UNDER WATER! there is no ride of its kind at the Disneyland Resort. Although we all treasure our dark rides, Nemo is a new experience that I'm sure MANY more wil be lining up to see. Monsters mostly appealed to the younger crowds, but I believe that Nemo will catch the attention of many others beyond that age group.
    I understand and agree with you. All I was saying if Monsters could draw the massive crowds for weeks then an even more enticing ride like Nemo surely will demand a massive line for weeks or even months. I just hope that Disney is planing for a long line for beyond just June 11th.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Kenny the Pirate

I understand and agree with you. All I was saying if Monsters could draw the massive crowds for weeks then an even more enticing ride like Nemo surely will demand a massive line for weeks or even months. I just hope that Disney is planing for a long line for beyond just June 11th.
    I think Nemo will lift crowds overall and keep Tomorrowland pretty packed during the summer season and probably much much longer. A great 15 minute underwater experience of Nemo will be a big draw.
    Kenny the Pirate

Ooops sorry jiminy! misread ure post
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]