Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy????

• SuperDork

Am I crazy????

Okay, this may sound bad, but I want to know if I am just mis-remembering things. As a child, in the 70's, I have no memory of people doing anything off color at the park. In the mid 80's as a teen, we'd drive down from the Bay Area for the weekend, meet guys, dance, etc. but if things did get romantic it was either after we left the park or in very secluded places.

But the last few years I feel like I have been privy to way too much lovin' in DL. I know I am older now and a parent (10 and 4) so I am sure I am more aware of certain things. But, I feel as if I need a hose at times. One night, a couple in line for the Storybook Boats were so busy makin' out that they didn't even hear my son ask me "Why is that guy touch her bra?"

Did the powers that be used to react to this behavior more, did it happen less, or am I just getting old?!

• Don't hate the game...

i agree, i just turned 19 and I dont wanna see ANYONE swaping spit at Disneyland. Doesnt matter how old or whatever... I think its nasty, and it takes me right out of my "disneyland mood". So rest easy, youre not getting too old... I know many people agree with you.
    Sometimes when my bf and I are at the park, and some couple is doing that, we try to protect the other from seeing it "whatever you do, dont turn around". The worst is when you can hear them, the breathing, the lips and even sometimes a MOAN! It's nasty, but especially innappropriate at Disneyland.
    Last edited by luvsongthatnvrends; 06-20-2005 at 02:30 AM.

• Animatronic

I remember the 70's quite well and yes, there was some frisky behavior going on even then. It actually seems about the same to me.

Line cutting was at a minimum.

i think it was also alot less crowded.

people just behaved better.

"making out" occured out-of-sight, in dark places like Monsanto's "Adventures Thru Inner Space".

in general, guest behavior was quite a bit more socially acceptable, polite and courteous. at one time, even dress codes were strictly enforced at the Main Gate. Ripped jeans and offensive t-shirts could prevent you from entering.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    Line cutting was at a minimum.

i think it was also alot less crowded.

people just behaved better.

"making out" occured out-of-sight, in dark places like Monsanto's "Adventures Thru Inner Space".

in general, guest behavior was quite a bit more socially acceptable, polite and courteous. at one time, even dress codes were strictly enforced at the Main Gate. Ripped jeans and offensive t-shirts could prevent you from entering.
    I think they should still not allow people in the park with offensive shirts...

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I think they should still not allow people in the park with offensive shirts...
    like "camp kill yourself" ? i wear that shirt all the time there.
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• insufferable know-it-all

I seem to recall a time I couldn't go in the park wearing a tank top...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Something about shirts with sexual innuendo, drugs, profanity, and death just seem out of place in a family enviornment. But maybe that's just me.

While the park would be PG, some visitors easily bump it up a notch or two!

The other day we say a lady walking in nothing but a bra and short shorts. I couldn't believe it!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I have told this story before. But it bears repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    The kids decided that they wanted to go on Soarin' for the first time. Nathan and I applauded their bravery and took them to the Stand-by Line. The couple in front of us, who were both wearing well worn wedding rings, were being playfully amorous with one another in the queue. I thout it was sweet. That is, until we entered the inside portion of the queue.

I guess they figured that since they were no longer "in public" that they could do whatever they wanted. They were full on making out each time the line stopped moving. The kicker was when, after a hot and heavy make out session, the husband spanked his wife's butt very hard. Mind you, it was only 3pm.

Now, I am all for couples of all shapes and sizes holding hands at DL; however, I do not think it is appropriate to go hot and heavy in front of children to the point of spanking one's significant other in front of children.

Nathan and I did our best to keep the kids distracted while this was going on. Ewwww much?
    Here is a link to the thread I started about it. I could not believe that people would do something like that in front of children.

Wolfy999 saw the same couple doing the same thing in line for IASW. Minus the spanking.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    People have no sense of propriety anymore. It's depressing, especially at DL. But my 10 year old will loudly and obnoxiously make kissy noises and suggest the offending couple get a room.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Looking for Love

I think it's cute, Disneyland is the land of Love and Love for the young at heart.

yes

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries
    But unless you bring something else to do in line, you and your kids have to watch the floor show. Or at least listen to it. I guess it's not against the Disney rules to play tonsil hockey in line, but what is an appropriate response? Are people right to feel uncomfortable? Can we get the whole line to chant
    GET A ROOM!
    GET A ROOM!
    GET A ROOM!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    I think it's cute, Disneyland is the land of Love and Love for the young at heart.
    Cute is a couple holding hands or resting contentedly with their arms around each other. It gets kinda iffy when they start sucking face.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Cute is a couple holding hands or resting contentedly with their arms around each other. It gets kinda iffy when they start sucking face.
    Or spanking...

I saw a guy in Critter Country one Sunday wearing a "F*ck all Raider Haters" shirt. Quite attractive.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast