• Traditional Glow Fanatic

5/21 Photo Report - Nemo Walls Down & Splash

All the construction walls along the submarine lagoon have come down. Here are a collection of pictures from today, 5/21 of the lagoon, the queue area, the sub loading dock, the rail system, and of course the subs up close.

Iíve not been checking Micechat too recently so I thought another post about subs would be overdone, but according to the shots from yesterday, the walls were still up so I now realize that with 21 days left, thereís something new to see and share.

A line uncovered. These CMs are standing at the end of the line. The CMs off to the right are near an area which there was a man working on the tie flooring for the yellow waiting line before being sent off to the next loading area.

Here is a shot of the lagoon and the wall-less Monorail station with all 8 submarines in port.

And one further out. Iím disappointed that theyíve turned the sound off for the seagulls. It was so entertaining to watch during the Rechristening Ceremony.

I returned later in the day to ride the monorail and got a few pictures of the progress. The exit waterfall area looks odd not being full of water, but nice to see there will be a small bit of an upper water holding area still.

A loading ramp!

They were waxing and repainting 2 of the subs.

Back to normal for the most partÖminus the waterfalls, talking seagulls, and Monorail Purple.

The wall of the side of the submarines seems oddly flat. I know itís always been this way, but itís weird thinking of them as giant underwater busses.

Busses complete with wheels on a track.

The full loading area has lots of fences to keep guests back from the sub loading ramps.

The loading station at the launching point has a control panel and also shows off the silver painted pipe of water filtrations which fits well into the color scheme overall as seen in the picture above.

And the accessible viewing room at the eastern end of the dock.

And now here are some other pictures from the day, I took a good number of shots of Splash Mountain as well to show off some of freshness the attraction has, unfortunately the shots didnít come out as well as I had hoped that they would (At least for the jumping waters portion of the ride which looks beautiful now). Luckily for me, the most notable change to the last scene came through perfectly.

Other than enhanced lighting they also replenished the planters and greens around Splash. They did it a bit far in advance as some areas are already dying off, but it looks very crisp in most spots.

Vegetable gathering seems more plentiful in the area just before the first drop.

And now a couple of blurry shots of the interior of the mountain.

One thing that bothers me riding it is that Brer Foxís shadow has yet to reappear the two times Iíve been on it since itís returned at the top of the big drop. Yet, the final show scene looks better than ever.

They added LED lighting effects.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: 5/21 Photo Report - Nemo Walls Down & Splash

WOW, thats hard to believe, ALL walls are down! They just need to turn those water falls on and subs is finished visually!

• Picturing the Magic

thanks for the TR

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Popular Princess

great pics! thanx for sharing!

i'm excited now that the subs are so close to opening!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

very cool PIX way to go

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• I'm not really here

Awesome pics! The lagoon looks so good now! I plan on breaking MiceChat again come the resurfacing day. We should have a resurfacing party!

I to love the newness of Splash. We got to ride it during soft openings and they put a lot of work into cleaning it up.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Great pics of the submarines...I especially like the one with the Matterhorn and the Monorail with that beautiful lagoon again in view! Nice work.

And it's been many years since I'd ridden Splash Mountain. It was especially nice to see some of the AA's from the old America Sings in action again.

--Barry

• Drunk On Disney!

Wow thats awesome thanks for sharing!

awesome pics of the subs!

•   

Great pics!
    Thanks!

The queue just looks so small though.................

• in technicolor!

Great pics! Although I just realized I am really going to struggle to stay calm in those subs. Hahah.

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Great pics!
    Thanks!

The queue just looks so small though.................
    It seems that most of what lies under the monorail station either is an exit or a line shuffling area to place guest into their repective sub loading lines. And while I thought the clearances around the matterhorn side were too narrow to wind the queue that way, they have moved the smoking area that used to be there...probably to wind the queue.

• Beer is good beer.

Thumbs up Re: 5/21 Photo Report - Nemo Walls Down & Splash

Great pics! Thanks for sharing with us.
    M A S E C A !

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    Great pics! Although I just realized I am really going to struggle to stay calm in those subs. Hahah.
    You aren't the only one...I tend to get claustrophobia to and my sister...she probably won't do it at all.