Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 5/21: A look at the fully de-walled Submarine Voyage dock and lagoon.

FINDING NEMO SUBMARINE VOYAGE
    COMPLETELY DE-WALLED

Overhead lighting fixtures

Handicapped viewing room:

Note the NEMO Logo and acronym: Nautical Exploration and Marine Observation:

The queue switchbacks:

Submarine Voyage directional exit signage (this is located on the current exit ramp for the Monorail):

No blue mesh!

Awesome!

Some repainting going on...

Portholes:

There are some electrical cords going up to the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track:

Power cords along the track:

Sub Dock at night...

...Alright. That's it This ride can't open soon enough!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/21: A look at the fully de-walled Submarine Voyage dock and lagoon

Cool man, Thanks!

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/21: A look at the fully de-walled Submarine Voyage dock and lagoon

I was wondering when we were there yesterday and found out the barriers and mesh on the monorail platform were coming down that night, who would be the first to get pictures. I guess you win, and the pics are great. Is the lagoon lit up at night with underwater lighting. The dock looks nice at night, but what about the lagoon itself?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• is too darn hot.

Great TR! Thank you thank you thank you! Those pics are better than questionable websites!

Okay... I need to get out more.

From the looks of it, the handicapped accessible room might be pretty durned cool, too.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This is too exciting! I sure I never lose this feeling of excitement. Maybe a trip to Neverland would help, I refuse to grow up. Now Neverland Ranch, I hope to avoid my entire life.

Chad

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I was wondering when we were there yesterday and found out the barriers and mesh on the monorail platform were coming down that night, who would be the first to get pictures. I guess you win, and the pics are great. Is the lagoon lit up at night with underwater lighting. The dock looks nice at night, but what about the lagoon itself?
    The underwater show lighting wasn't on when I was there... I haven't seen it on in quite a while, actually. But it does exist... I've taken pictures of it on when the lagoon was empty, and again, when it was filled... but the pictures are kind of awkward cause they were taken when the walls were still up.

Apparently, another site has caught the lights on though - and it looks amazing.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 05-21-2007 at 11:44 PM.

| | |

• I'm not bad...

crosses fingers on people mover action!!!! PLEASE!!! Oh yeah, and the subs... can't wait. Opening day hope I get Nautilus!!!!

Gone but not forgotten.

• Animatronic

I can't help but think those pictures would look better with a working People Mover. Still, the area is looking better than it's look for over 10 years.

Rumor has it there is wait time sign that can go up to 480 minutes. One word WOW! Just a rumor though. Can you do the math on that one LOL.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by dcaguy View Post
    Rumor has it there is wait time sign that can go up to 480 minutes. One word WOW! Just a rumor though. Can you do the math on that one LOL.
    Eight hours?!?! Dear lord! They should set up ODV carts and porta potties along the queue.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dcaguy View Post

Could be worse, at least it doesn't count days.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I can't help but think those pictures would look better with a working People Mover. Still, the area is looking better than it's look for over 10 years.
    With the Monorail zipping by overhead, Subs manuevering through the Lagoon, and Autopia cars cruising through the roadways, I've thought the same thing. We were talking to a Monorail CM earlier, about the Subs and everything going on, and peoplemover1 said "All that's missing is the PeopleMover!" and the CM said "Yeah, that's all that's all we need until we're back to normal!"

C'mon, Disney. It isn't like we don't see the track overhead. Stop letting the dang thing rot - you saw what the rotting Sub infrastructure and show did at the Subs - and how much money it cost to bring it back to par ... Stop letting the same happen to the PeopleMover track. It's only going to cost you more in the long run.

| | |

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    With the Monorail zipping by overhead, Subs manuevering through the Lagoon, and Autopia cars cruising through the roadways, I've thought the same thing. We were talking to a Monorail CM earlier, about the Subs and everything going on, and peoplemover1 said "All that's missing is the PeopleMover!" and the CM said "Yeah, that's all that's all we need until we're back to normal!"

C'mon, Disney. It isn't like we don't see the track overhead. Stop letting the dang thing rot - you saw what the rotting Sub infrastructure and show did at the Subs - and how much money it cost to bring it back to par ... Stop letting the same happen to the PeopleMover track. It's only going to cost you more in the long run.
    From what I can see of it, they're not letting the tracks rot exactly. They're keeping them well-painted and the structure is sound. They're just not maintaining the Rocket Rods rail down the center. Even that still seems shiny enough. My guess? It's because they don't want it to collapse atop someone.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    From what I can see of it, they're not letting the tracks rot exactly. They're keeping them well-painted and the structure is sound. They're just not maintaining the Rocket Rods rail down the center. Even that still seems shiny enough. My guess? It's because they don't want it to collapse atop someone.
    True. However, I'd like to know the quality of maitenance for the portions of track that run through Tomorrowland buildings. Also, much of the track that runs over Autopia hasn't been painted or touched in years -as its still sporting its faded bronze color scheme. The only area of track that seems to really get attention is the portion that runs down the center of Tomorrowland, and the part right next to the Monorail station - and that part only gets its Rocket Rod track dolled up every now and then because its really hard to miss when you're on the Monorail.

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

So, start a "Rescue the PeopleMover" fund to pay for the refurbishment and changes for DOSH standards.

I'm sure many generous MiceAgers will be only too happy to contribute.

Or maybe Disney should levy a surcharge on Annual Passes to fund it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast