Soaring Queue Music

Does anyone here know what the music is in the Soaring Over California queue? I've found out the composer of the music in the ride itself by using IMDB, but I can't quite figure out who wrote the music in the queue. It seems very familiar -- I'm pretty sure its film music.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Dan

• the F.O.D. solution.

According to http://disneymusicloops.tripod.com/ :

1. "Girls of Many Nations in DC/Soft Rebellion/Reprise" by Randy Edelman from "The Distinguished Gentleman"

2 "Main Titles" by Marc Shaiman from "The American President"

3 "Evening Tide" by Roylance/Galvin from "Battle of the Atlantic Suite"

4 "You're On" by James Newton Howard from "Dave"

5 "Victory at Ed Parker's" and 6 "Premier of the Big Boss"by Randy Edelman from "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story"

7 "End Titles" by Marc Shaiman from "The American President"

8 "The Blue Max Suite" and 9 "The Generals" by Jerry Goldsmith

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by dgmoran
    Does anyone here know what the music is in the Soaring Over California queue? I've found out the composer of the music in the ride itself by using IMDB, but I can't quite figure out who wrote the music in the queue. It seems very familiar -- I'm pretty sure its film music.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

Soarin' was composed by Jerry Goldsmith who has worked on television shows such as "Gunsmoke" and the "Twilight Zone". Films include "Medicine Man", "Planet of the Apes" and "First Night". Goldsmith has composed for over 43 years until his death in 2004.

I have a copy of this I can send via email or a file sharing service. This music was also featured in the trailer for "Cinderella Man".

• Baybeh!

I thought sure as heck I heard some of the score from The Rocketeer in there too.

• Social Imagineer

Yeah, that listing of loop contents seems way too short, though very informative.

Another great music loop in the area is the aviation and space travel pop song and movie score loop played at Taste Pilot's. Anyone have the track listing for that one?

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Yeah, that listing of loop contents seems way too short, though very informative.

Another great music loop in the area is the aviation and space travel pop song and movie score loop played at Taste Pilot's. Anyone have the track listing for that one?
    That's one of my favourite area music loops too.

1. Main Theme from The Last Starfighter (Craig Safan)

2. Midway March (John Williams & BPO, I Love a Parade)

3. The Parachutes (Jerry Goldsmith, Air Foce One)

4. Welcome Aboard, Sir (ditto #3)

5. Pops on the March (ditto #2)

6. Liberty Fanfare (Erich Kunzel & CPO, American Jubilee, or the better original recording, IMHO, John Williams & BPO, By Request....Best of JW & BPO)

7. 633 Squadron (Ron Goodwin)

8. Big Victory March; Alex Returns (Craig Safan, The Last Starfighter)

9. The Blue Max Suite (Jerry Goldsmith, Goldsmith conducts Goldsmith)

10. Space Camp end titles (John Williams, perf. Erich Kunzel & CPO, Star Tracks vol. II)

11. Jupiter (from Holst "The Planets"; perf. Hebert von Karajan & Berlin Philharmonic, slightly edited for tighter pacing)

12. Yeager's Triumph (Bill Conti, The Right Stuff)

13. The Guns of Navarone (Dimitri Tiomkin)
    Last edited by surfinmuse; 06-20-2005 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo

Wow, thanks everyone (especially DCACM) for the great info! That all answers my question beautifully!

Dan

• I Hug My Tapirs

Here's the list for the TPG one you were wondering about! From http://disneymusicloops.tripod.com/dlr/dlr-gs-tpg.html

1 Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band - Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-1978
    2 Destination Moon - Dinah Washington
    3 Rocket Man - Elton John - Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002 Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)
    4 Flight of the Bumble Bee - Rimsky Korsakov - Rimsky-Korsakov: Greatest Hits
    5 Airplane Blues - Lightnin' Blues - Bullfrog Blues
    6 Fly, Robin, Fly - Silver Convention - 54, Volume 2
    7 Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver - The Rocky Mountain Collection Leaving on a Jet Plane
    8 Eight Miles High - Leo Kottke - The Leo Kottke Anthology
    9 Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra - The Very Best of Frank Sinatra Come Fly With Me
    10 Airplane - Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
    11 Airline Amy - Weird Al Yankovich - Off the Deep End
    12 Straighten Up and Fly Right - Andrews Sisters - V-Disc Recordings Straighten Up and Fly Right
    13 Jet Airliner - Steve Miller Band - Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-1978
    14 Thus Spake Zarathustra (2001) - Strauss - 2001: A Space Odyssey - Original Motion Picture Sountrack (1996 Reissue)
    15 Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling - Living In Oblivion : The 80's Greatest Hits, Vol. 5
    16 Free Bird (Acoustic Reprise) - Lynard Skynard
    17 Space Cowboy - Steve Miller Band - Anthology
    18 Airplane - Indigo Girls - Rites of Passage [Bonus Tracks] Airplane
    19 Comin' in on a Wing and a Prayer - The Song Spinners - Songs That Got Us Through WW2
    20 Space Oddity (Ground Control to M. Tom) - David Bowie - Best of Bowie Space Oddity
    21 Airplane Song - Royal Guardsmen - Anthology

As a side note, I run the Disney Music Loops website, and any information anyone has that might help is always greatly appreciated!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."