Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Good Neighbor Hotels?

My family and I have never had problems at the Carosel Inn, Tropicana, or the Best Western. They are economical, right near the crosswalk to DLR, and have all the basics, including an adequet (sp?) comp. breakfast. The parking is free and there is no need for a shuttle since they are right across the street from the resort on Harbor.

• That Guy

Good info guys.

One of the reasons I like being a bit detached from DLR is that it is calmer and quieter. I love being able to hop into the hotel bus (NOT Art) have a five minute drive, and then go hop in the spa and relax. Grab a starbucks and then head up for a nap. It is awesome and doesn't have a crazy pace like close hotels.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Good info guys.

One of the reasons I like being a bit detached from DLR is that it is calmer and quieter. I love being able to hop into the hotel bus (NOT Art) have a five minute drive, and then go hop in the spa and relax. Grab a starbucks and then head up for a nap. It is awesome and doesn't have a crazy pace like close hotels.
    This is why I love staying in Buena Park. It 's away from the noise, no wait at restaraunts, and a hotel shuttle(agreed, not ART).

• Yeah...I'm cool

I've posted this a hundred times, but the Staybridge Suites on Manchester, off of Katella. Away from the park, quiet, huge pool, 1 and 2 bedroom suites w/ full kitchens, sundowner meet and greets w/ free wine and snacks, free hot breakfast, very inexpensive.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    I've posted this a hundred times, but the Staybridge Suites on Manchester, off of Katella. Away from the park, quiet, huge pool, 1 and 2 bedroom suites w/ full kitchens, sundowner meet and greets w/ free wine and snacks, free hot breakfast, very inexpensive.
    We love this hotel too, it only has the ART. At least it is not a really busy route.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    We love this hotel too, it only has the ART. At least it is not a really busy route.
    Yeah, but we usually have our car. We had to stay out of our house for 3 days, so we stayed here, and it was just like home. We always stay here for my daughters bday in July, we take our 3 kids and 4 nieces. They swim all day long, then we go to the park at night.

• Senior Minion

How is $107/nite for the Best Western Park Place Inn across from the park for the first week of December? Any experiences with this place or this pricing? This should be a slow time at the park, and that is the price they show now. Wonder if we could expect it to be lower as we get closer?

• Can see my car from here

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Worst: Castle Inn and "Suites".

It's the worst of the worst. A dive.

Cockroaches, stains of unknown origin on the furniture and carpet, lack of parking (if they run out they tell you to park down the street), rude employee's that just don't give a hoot.
    AGREED! Castle Inn is a dive! I stayed there once, big mistake. Nails coming out of the carpet; tub hadn't been rinsed; etc. etc... After my visit, I was really surprised it was on the "Good Neighbor" list.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    How is $107/nite for the Best Western Park Place Inn across from the park for the first week of December? Any experiences with this place or this pricing? This should be a slow time at the park, and that is the price they show now. Wonder if we could expect it to be lower as we get closer?

TJ,

I don't know, that seems high, but I am not an expert. I do recommend you check around, and look at Priceline. When I first went to DLR, I stayed at HoJos, which was ok, but at the end of the day, I was kinda done walking, and they didn't have all the amenities, even though it was nice. I really like farther away hotels. There are more meal options, stores etc. Right downstairs from my hotel is a Red Robin, Outback, Joes Crappy Crab Shack, Target, a pharmacy, etc. The shuttle is super easy, it only stops at the Hyatt and Crowne Plaza.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Vic and I stayed at the Alamo several years ago. Dump.

We've chosen the Anabella as our favorite. Right across the street from the park and quite nice. They also offer a "frequent guest" program that offer incresing discounts the more times you return. (5% as soon as your 2nd stay)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I would say for the best it would have to be the Candy Cane Inn and the Hilton Towers. We have stayed at both and would highly recommend the two. Service was great and the rooms were of good quality. I would also recommend the Crowne Plaza. I have heard that there have been some changes made and they seem to be for the better. The restaurant is much better now than before.

As for the worst I would have to say the Islander and the Castle Inn. If you want a room just to sleep in, then the Islander is OK. There is really nothing else to do there, the pool area is very small. At the Castle Inn we were given a room at the end of the corridor, next to the hotel laundry room. The shower was a trickle of water and not all the electrical outlets worked in the room.

Super 8 is a good place and fair price but its a little walk the Disneyland.

• Minion

My GF and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn kitty corner across from the park. It's inexpensive, close, and most important for us, allows dogs. It's not a great place to stay, but it's not a bad one either.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    My GF and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn kitty corner across from the park. It's inexpensive, close, and most important for us, allows dogs. It's not a great place to stay, but it's not a bad one either.
    Red Roof changed to Motel 6 a few months ago.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Reader - Rare Poster

We like Tropicana Inn & Suites.

We stay there at least twice a year.

The rooms are clean and the Office Staff is very friendly and they're right across the street from the park.

I only wish the had free Wi-Fi.

--Dave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast