Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Traveler to the south

Re: Good Neighbor Hotels?

I'm a big fan of the Candy Cane Inn, I just made reservations for September and I guess I stay there a bit because they remembered me! Its a little more expensive but you do get a AAA discount and they are super nice, and the rooms are very clean.

Desert Inn and Suites is a PIT! Ugh!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Red Roof changed to Motel 6 a few months ago.
    Well, I suppose it makes sense, same type of policies...

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    My family and I have never had problems at the Carosel Inn, Tropicana, or the Best Western. They are economical, right near the crosswalk to DLR, and have all the basics, including an adequet (sp?) comp. breakfast. The parking is free and there is no need for a shuttle since they are right across the street from the resort on Harbor.
    Absolute agreement with the three hotels you listed. We stayed at the Tropicanna this past January. The hotels are OK, we are not traveling to Anaheim for the hotel anyway! It's all about location!! The ability to walk back to your hotel whenever you want and take a break...

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    How is $107/nite for the Best Western Park Place Inn across from the park for the first week of December? Any experiences with this place or this pricing? This should be a slow time at the park, and that is the price they show now. Wonder if we could expect it to be lower as we get closer?
    I'm booked there for my trip next month at $125/night (aaa rate) so $107 does not sound too bad.

If you send me a reminder roundabout the first of July I'll send you a detailed review of the Inn.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• The Delicate Tinkerbell

My favorite is the Marriott Fairfield Inn. I love the location of the hotel and the rooms are very clean and very decently priced and there's a Milly's on site and a McDonald's next door.

I stayed at the Anabella Hotel about two weeks ago. My company I work for really took care of me and booked me in the Club Suites. So my room was spectacular, I highly recommend if you have money to spend on those, book them they're very spacious, and gorgeous rooms! I loved how pretty the hotel was kept inside and out and that there's a restaurant on site called the Tangerine Grill. Right next door to Tiffy's and Coco's across the street. Short walking distance to Downtown Disney. My only complaint is the walls at this hotel are very thin, you're going to hear all the kids in the parking lot screaming at 5am. Didn't make me too happy. But other than that, I'd stay there again.

I always stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn, not the cheapest but always clean, comfortable, and close.

• Space Mountain Expert

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Park Vue. It's not the nicest as far as rooms go, but it's always been clean. They have a great breakfast, a fridge in the room and you absolutely can't get closer to the crosswalk.
    For me, that's huge because I only get to the park a couple times a year and I don't want to spend an additional 5 mins. on any shuttle.
    I've also stayed at Carousel and Tropicanna. All three are fairly comparable!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltink View Post
    My favorite is the Marriott Fairfield Inn. I love the location of the hotel and the rooms are very clean and very decently priced and there's a Milly's on site and a McDonald's next door.
    This is also the same hotel where a woman had thousands of bed bug bites not that long ago.

• Minion

Places I have liked: Desert Inn - Clean, close, friendly staff, big rooms, rooms to the front can get Wifi from Best Western
    Camelot - Clean, almost close, comfortable, can snag WiFi from Fairfield
    Park Vue - Clean, Close, also can get Wifi fro Best Western
    Residence Inn Maingate - Not as close, BUT, great breakfast, big rooms exceptional staff, FREE WiFi
    Anabella - Clean, paperthin walls, granite bathrooms, beautiful grounds, but TOO FAR, expensive Wifi
    Del Sol - Kids have said NEVER AGAIN -Thin walls, dirty room
    Anaheim Plaza - Rooms are decent, old, fine for short stays
    Carousel - Very pretty rooms, nice staff
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    This is also the same hotel where a woman had thousands of bed bug bites not that long ago.

"Allegedly" from that Hotel.

It was said that bed-bug infestation would affect more than just ONE person... Especially at a hotel.

No other complaints were reported.

The makings of a frivilous lawsuit, from what I heard.

Now if they claimed bed-bugs at the Castle Inn, I would believe them in a heartbeat!

• The Delicate Tinkerbell

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Hmmmm...I've never had any problems there.

How is $107/nite for the Best Western Park Place Inn across from the park for the first week of December? Any experiences with this place or this pricing? This should be a slow time at the park, and that is the price they show now. Wonder if we could expect it to be lower as we get closer?

Me and my wife always try to stay here went we come down, were from N. Calif., and we have always liked the room, it's clean, friendly employees and pretty good continential breakfast next door. The other BW, Anaheim Inn isn't bad either, the only draw back is that they have double beds in their rooms. Now $107 a night is a pretty good rate with BWPPI right now because it's usually $116 a night with a AAA discount or through BW.

• Beer is good beer.

Thumbs up Re: Good Neighbor Hotels?

I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott a couple of times. Very nice staff, immaculate rooms and the location is terrific. I would stay there again.
    M A S E C A !

• Blow me to Bermuda!

We just stayed at the Desert Inn this past weekend and had no issues with it. It was clean, had lots of towels, and the staff was great. Our room wasn't huge, but we were only in it long enough to sleep and shower.

The kid stayed at the Tropicana a couple years ago on a school trip and it was fine too. Apparently they always stay there. XH and I stayed at Ramada Limited North. It was loud, the carpets were dirty, and it was a pretty good walk.

In October we stayed at the Anaheim Plaza. It was o.k. It's older, but the room was a decent size and was clean. We could really hear our nieghbors and the maid though.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

We just got back a week ago from staying at the BWPPI and love it. It's our second year staying there. Three years ago we stayed at the Park Vue Inn, which wasn't bad, but it had a "bare bones" feel to it. And the Park Vue Inn isn't listed as a Good Neighbor hotel even though they say they are, which was a bit odd.

We paid $109 per night for a suite at the BWPPI last year (booked through the Entertainment Book) and $116 per night this May for a suite (also booked through the Entertainment Book). We love this hotel. It is hands-down our first choice. The staff is friendly, and quick to respond to calls for additional pillows and towels. The walking distance can't be beat either, and the fact that it is practically next door to the IHOP (kids eat free after 4pm!) and other places to eat makes things easy on a budget. We plan on staying there again next year.

I can't encourage people enough to use the Entertainment Book if you have one. After we got our $116 per night rate on the suite, I looked around places like Expedia and saw that suites were going anywhere from $125 to $145 per night for when we were gonna be there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast