Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Minion

Re: Good Neighbor Hotels?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    And the Park Vue Inn isn't listed as a Good Neighbor hotel even though they say they are, which was a bit odd.
    Don't take the "Good Neighbor Hotel" as a standard, it isn't. To be classified a "Good Neighbor" they have to be willing to sell a certain number of their rooms thru WDTC at a discounted rate. If they don't sell, they have to accept them back without charging WDTC. Has NOTHING to do with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I can't encourage people enough to use the Entertainment Book if you have one. After we got our $116 per night rate on the suite, I looked around places like Expedia and saw that suites were going anywhere from $125 to $145 per night for when we were gonna be there.
    The best Entertainment rate in the area is hands down the Hojos. $49-65 a night is their normal Entertainment rate. I have a couple booked in Oct at that rate.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Thumbs up Re: Good Neighbor Hotels?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    The worst is the Desert Inn Suites, right next to Denny's. It is SOOO gross and nasty, I cannot even begin to comprehend. I took my Mom to DLR for her first trip, and we stayed there because it's close. It was SOOOOOOO gross, I was stunned. On the bright side, that motivated me to start Pricelining for rooms, and now I stay at Doubletree, the Hyatt, or Lowes. I know that many here like staying across the street, but for my money, I like the five minute shuttle ride from a great hotel, nice thread counts, great pools, starbucks in the hotels, etc.

I don't know what you are talking about....the desert inn and suites has always been our favorite. In fact I have stayed there over ten times now. They always beat everyone elses prices (trust me i have called around numerous times) and you can't beat the location. My rooms have always been clean and neat. in fact i have seen staff there wiping down the inside of the elevators numerous times over the past few years.

i am sure if someone had a bad experence they could say something to the staff and find them understanding and willing to help you out.

We have also tried the comfort inn on kettella right by the 5. It was very very nice. it had a full breakfast includign waffles and eggs. very clean and the staff was awesome. the only problem was the freakin ART bus...they suck. so we just stay across the street now.

thanks for reading.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by zsiq View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about....the desert inn and suites has always been our favorite. In fact I have stayed there over ten times now. They always beat everyone elses prices (trust me i have called around numerous times) and you can't beat the location. My rooms have always been clean and neat. in fact i have seen staff there wiping down the inside of the elevators numerous times over the past few years.
    I agree with you. I have always had great stays there too. The breakfast is free, so I guess its worth its value. But the room and staff are good. I love the deluxe rooms in the back, so quiet and nice.

All it takes is one bad stay for someone to really dislike the place. Many people here really like the Del Sol, but our experience was so horrible I won't go back. Its why I like to read everyone's opinion.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by zsiq View Post

i am sure if someone had a bad experence they could say something to the staff and find them understanding and willing to help you out.

We have also tried the comfort inn on kettella right by the 5. It was very very nice. it had a full breakfast includign waffles and eggs. very clean and the staff was awesome. the only problem was the freakin ART bus...they suck. so we just stay across the street now.

thanks for reading.

It's possible that they were just having a bad five days, but man, it was nasty. The carpet was soiled, and the place just had the feel of a crappy place that stopped caring. I am glad to hear that was not your experience.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I've stayed in two hotels near the park a few years back, and I would highly recommend both.

I thought the Howard Johnson (HoJo) was pretty nice, although the "lodge style" setting wasn't quite what I expected at first. The rooms themselves were top notch, at least the one I stayed in. Indeed, they were huge, accomodating two double beds and room for a third in between if needed (provided in a generous closet space). We were on the second floor of a lodge, so a great skylight gave the whole thing an even bigger 'feel'. Literally 2 - 5 minutes walk from Downtown Disney, you've also got Mimi's right next door for eatin', and the Dennys and Ihop an i-hop, skip and jump away. I'd almost certainly stay there again if I wasn't staying on property.

For our second week there, we stayed at the Radisson Maingate. It is at the other end of the park (immediately south of Katella), but it is still only a 5-10 minute walk away (if that, but we walk pretty fast ). It is close to IHop and Denny's, which is also a help. It was a bit more of a 'proper' hotel than HoJo. The wonderful little bonus we got at checkout was that we had a $100 food voucher credited to us as part of our package deal, so all three of our meals at Pickford's (the hotel restaurant, although one of those was room service) were free. Plus free wireless in the lobby!
    Last edited by Loomis; 05-23-2007 at 03:42 PM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Don't take the "Good Neighbor Hotel" as a standard, it isn't. To be classified a "Good Neighbor" they have to be willing to sell a certain number of their rooms thru WDTC at a discounted rate. If they don't sell, they have to accept them back without charging WDTC. Has NOTHING to do with quality.
    I was just saying it was odd because they claimed to be a Good Neighbor hotel when we stayed at the Park Vue Inn 3 years ago. They had the displays and everything. But we checked the Disney web site before and after our stay there and they were never listed by Disney to be a Good Neighbor hotel. It was odd because they appeared to be lying about their status. Or so it seemed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234