Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• e komo mai

Question DL Splash Mountain Music Question

So, I'm listening to my 'Musical History of Disneyland' CD set and I just got through the 'Splash Mountain' track and am confused.

After the laughing place, there is a section where the mother rabbit and her children sing a song "Sooner or later that rabbit'll come home..." I have never heard that song on the ride in that area and I've been on the ride lots and lots. The rabbits usually sing "Old Brer Fox has got his way in the laughing place this very day..." (or something like that). So what's the deal here? Have you guys ever heard that part of the ride music? Not me.

:confused:

• Social Imagineer

Nope, it's a part that was recorded for the ride, but was never used. Instead, the attraction got the much creepier (and, imo, therefore better) song that that the mama mole and mama rabbit sing to their respective broods.

The 'Sooner or Later' bit on the CD set is a cool bonus of deleted material, but I would much rather have had the part actually used on the attraction, which has never yet appeared on any official recording.

• e komo mai

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Nope, it's a part that was recorded for the ride, but was never used. Instead, the attraction got the much creepier (and, imo, therefore better) song that that the mama mole and mama rabbit sing to their respective broods.
    I agree what plays now is a better build up.
    See, and I'm glad you responded because this whole time I thought it was a rabbit and a possum.

Thank ye, innerSpaceman!

• Pathetically Obsessed

Anyone know where I can find the words to each song within the ride?

Thanks in advance if you do...

• FastPass n00b

Oh man, that music going up the lift hill sends shivers up my spine every single time. Just the lyrics are so dark and creepy, but then the music that accompanies it makes it that much more scary and dire. Also, the vultures up above you add much more to the feeling of serious peril.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose but those rubber anti-fallback things make a lot of noise too and all those elements together create a very uneasy atmosphere that always makes that ride terrifying. I have faced MUCH bigger and steeper drops than Splash, but because of the incredible build-up my knees get shaky and the adrenaline starts pumping like crazy.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 06-20-2005 at 12:10 PM.

• Social Imagineer

Oh, now I'm not sure if it's a mole or a possum. S'pose it could be a possum.

But I have such a jones for that piece of music that Mrs. Rabbit and Mrs. MoleOrPossum sing that I was kinda disappointed in the "Sooner or Later" bit on the CD. I love the alternate take, but it was such a vicious tease to someone who has taken to recording the attraction's Rabbit/Mole/Possum song from ride-by's in a log, over and over again in a feable attempt to capture the entire song.

"The rabbit is facing certain death" - heheh, it creeps me out, and I love it.

• FastPass n00b

Oh, now I'm not sure if it's a mole or a possum. S'pose it could be a possum.
    I'm almost positive that the animal in question is a possum because in America Sings she had tiny babies hanging from a branch. That is one sad possum because in America Sings she was singing another sad song.

• Social Imagineer

I squirm corrected then.

Thanx.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Nope, it's a part that was recorded for the ride, but was never used.
    Really? I had heard that it was used for a VERY short period of time when the ride first opened - maybe a month or two at most.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Looking for Love

I must agree, I like the currently played music better...its creapier.

• FastPass n00b

I just heard the alternate music and I think they made a much better choice using the current music. The music that was cut sounds more like Madonna singing "Sooner or Later" in Dick Tracy! If people weren't asleep by the time they got to the top of the lift hill, I think the only thought running through their mind would be "Please! Just drop this thing already so we can finally get out of here".

Honestly, I think Splash Mountain would be half as fun, if even that, if it didn't have that awesome climax. It's like a film with a great ending, even if everything else before that was okay, the ending always makes the film what it is. I'd be curious to see how different the ride was with the original songs. I'd bet anything it wouldn't be scary today with bigger and better log rides.

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Really? I had heard that it was used for a VERY short period of time when the ride first opened - maybe a month or two at most.
    Sorry, no.

(I've been riding Splash Mountain since before opening day)

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I love the song they chose for the ride. It was cut from WDW's version (you can hear the background music from it in the lift hill, but no one sings the lyrics...a bit of a letdown on an otherwise superior (in general) version of Splash at WDW).
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I love the song they chose for the ride. It was cut from WDW's version (you can hear the background music from it in the lift hill, but no one sings the lyrics...a bit of a letdown on an otherwise superior (in general) version of Splash at WDW).
    YES! true true. Although i think the WDW version has a more understandable plot, it's not as dramatic as the DL one because of that very fact.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Oh man, that music going up the lift hill sends shivers up my spine every single time. Just the lyrics are so dark and creepy, but then the music that accompanies it makes it that much more scary and dire. Also, the vultures up above you add much more to the feeling of serious peril.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose but those rubber anti-fallback things make a lot of noise too and all those elements together create a very uneasy atmosphere that always makes that ride terrifying. I have faced MUCH bigger and steeper drops than Splash, but because of the incredible build-up my knees get shaky and the adrenaline starts pumping like crazy.
    Oh, man, I am such a wuss at rides. The first time that I went on Splash Mountain I was 9 years old, and this was against my will. If I didn't do it, I wouldn't be able to do anything else. So, I did it, and that whole bit made me practically VOMIT!! There's the picture of me going down somewhere or another, it is mortifying. I have a look of such sheer terror...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast