Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Pathetically Obsessed

Making the Magic: What's the nicest thing you ever did in the park for someone else?

I do things like this.....

With all the negative news lately, I try to find something that reminds me that most of us love the park and generally like to hang out/go with others that love the park.

So... what's the nicest thing you've ever done for someone else in the park?

I go out of my way to find those folks with the birthday stickers. I'm just a complete stranger who walks up and says "happy birthday" just like the CMs. Best example was when we were walking through a crowded NOS, there were two teens walking back the other way. I sort of went out of my way to say "excuse me" sort of sternly, then smiled and wished the one girl with the b-day sticker a good one. She totally loved it!

So, what do you do to help make the magic??
    Last edited by InspiredByWalt; 05-23-2007 at 05:26 AM.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: Making the Magic: What's the nicest thing you ever did in the park for someone el

I was working in the phone room once when someone called and was really upset because she'd gotten some bad info and had brought her kids to the park thinking she could get in with make-a-wish day of with no prior notice. I went out and met them at the gate and signed them all in - total strangers.

I've never felt so fulfilled in my life, seeing the gratefull look on her face, and watching her kids smile as they walked in.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Making the Magic: What's the nicest thing you ever did in the park for someone el

I tell people where the Haunted House is and where the Magic Mountain is located.

Also I teach people how to pronounce Autotopia.

Then on Sundays I lurk by the hub and see all the Disney nerds.

Other than that I'm just your average "nasty" APer.

Ok I lied, I'm not average.
    Last edited by Druggas; 05-23-2007 at 06:15 AM.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

I once did an antire Jungle Cruise spiel in Spanish. The entire boat was loaded with a spanish speaking tour group from Mexico and since I spoke Spanish I translated the spiel for their enjoyment. They loved it so much they gave me a rowdy standing ovation at the end.

• Minion

We had bought a bunch of "Kids Play Free" tickets (Buy adults, get a kids ticket). But 2 of the kids ended up not being able to go. So, on our last day, I passed by the ticket booths, saw a lady with about 5 kids, and gave her the 2 tix. She was so excited. I told her to just use the saved money to buy something extra for the kiddos.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

If I over hear people talking I do my best to show them where an attration is,
    best place to eat, show times (always the same, so no need for a map) etc.
    I try to be a tour guide for those who haven't been to the park as much.
    I often get "do you work here", I say no and they are shocked that somene who doesn't work there would take the time to help them out.
    I also love to give history of the park.
    I think anything that can make a person's day a great day at Disneyland is always a good thing.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I like to tell parents with kids about riding shotgun on the monorail if they're first in line. So many times I've been 2nd or 3rd in line only to see families w/ kiddies almost missing out. The parents are always so grateful and I just LOVE the look on the kids' faces.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I almost always let little kids stand or sit in front of me at parades and other events.

Last December, I organized a Disneyland meet. I allowed kids in the group to select some of the rides that the group did together. Akso, I included the Jedi training Academy in our itenerary. Some of the kids in our group were chosen to participate, and a couple od them won prizes. We ended the day with an ice cream social at the Bleu Bayou. The restaurant manager bent over backwards to accomodate the MiceChatters and their families. Everybady had a blast.

I am helping organize a Northern California Pirates 3 meet (set for this Saturday), and will likely have another DL meet this year.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Shared my customary bag of DRIED MANGOES with some people in line! Sometimes I can hear kids in the background "mommy i want some mangoes like those!" so i try to find em and let them grab a hand full! The tiki bar needs mangoes

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I like to simply just strike up conversations with people in line, if I can. I love meeting new people. I especially like it if they have a young one with them who is terribly excited to be there....and I ask them what they have ridden thus far and they get all excited and then I tell them that I've been on it and it just gets them more and more excited.

Once, this lady parked her stroller in the middle of the walkway so I politely told her it was innapropriate to stop there. She started smart-mouthing me so I grabbed that stroller, baby n' all, and wacked her in the face. Needless to say she was so gratefull I showed the error in her way she was speechless and laid on the ground for a few hours to ponder her perdicament. Meanwhile, I took her carriage and threw it in the river so no one else would trip.

Aren't I just the nice-est guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    Once, this lady parked her stroller in the middle of the walkway so I politely told her it was innapropriate to stop there. She started smart-mouthing me so I grabbed that stroller, baby n' all, and wacked her in the face. Needless to say she was so gratefull I showed the error in her way she was speechless and laid on the ground for a few hours to ponder her perdicament. Meanwhile, I took her carriage and threw it in the river so no one else would trip.

Aren't I just the nice-est guy?

HAHAHAHA! that's so funny!

I was in line to ride space mountain with a few friends, I was the only one that didn't have someone to ride with and the cm put me in the car with a little girl. I climbed in the car with her and noticed she looked really nervous. Her mom and dad were in the two rows in front of us with her 2 younger siblings, so she got stuck going by herself. I asked her if it was her first time riding and she said yes. I told her not to worry it's not scary at all and that it was my favorite ride. She told me it was her first time at DL and that she was 9. Off we went and she was laughing and screaming the whole ride. When it was over and we were pulling back in she leaned over and told me it was her new favorite ride. She was so adorable!

We weren't planning on staying at the park much longer but we had grabbed fastpasses before we got in line for the ride. So on the way out I saw her standing at the picture monitor with her family. I grabbed the fastpasses from everyone and brought them over to her and asked if she wanted to ride again? She was so excited! And her parents were very appreciative. It was something so simple but it was really fun to see the happiness on her face.

This past Friday, after overhearing a misinformed conversation, I corrected a very nice lady and her mother that the screen setup and the props in the river were not being used to film the new Pirates movie.

I politely told her that the movie was already done and that they were going to premiere it the next day to important Hollywood people and the stars of the movie. I had to chuckle at their naivete though.

My nicest act that day was not going ballistic when a man in front of me on Pirates spent the entire ride with his bright camcorder viewfinder in my face while he filmed. Totally ruined the ambience from the swamp to the end. His wife and young daughter were with him and I just held my tongue so as not to chide him for his rudeness to others on the ride. Sorry, but bright viewfinders are just as annoying as cell phones and flash photography.

Actually, I do have one more. This one is cute. I was waiting at the loading dock for Big Thunder after having requested to ride the back (slight G forces, you know). I was in row 15 and a young girl and her parents who were behind me went into row 14.

The little girl said brazenly outloud. "Daddy, we're riding in the back because that's the best!!!" Her parents looked at me sheepishly as if I was going to mock-laugh at them and their outspoken girl. They smiled and gave a relieved laugh when I looked at them and said almost just as loud, "She's right. The back is the best place to be on this ride!"

Can't argue with the truth.

This little girl was funny because when they were in line, she kept asking her Dad to act scared like he'd never been on the ride before. Her father was totally into it and acting the part by saying, "Oh, I don't know. This ride looks scary. I don't think I'm going to like this ride. Can we go home?" And she kept on reassuring him that it would be okay and that the ride was fun and very safe. I love seeing families that just let themselves go and don't get into bitter little feuds waiting in line.
    Last edited by DizneeProfitEar; 05-22-2007 at 09:11 PM.
    "You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

• I'm not bad...

I think I can safely say the nicest thing I ever did was NOT throw a young guest off the canoes when he thought it was HILARIOUS to fling his paddle back at me and repeatedly soak me. On that note the second nicest thing I ever did was NOT hit his mother with my paddle for allowing her son to behave like that. I think I rightly deserve a pat on the back.

Gone but not forgotten.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast