June 10-11 or Sept 9-10

I'm weighing pros/cons of each set of dates:

June 10-11 Pros:

+Cooler than Sept (I assume?)
    +Summer hasn't really taken off yet (I hope?)
    +Nemo won't be open until the 11th -- maybe crowds won't be as bad on the 10th?
    +Fantasmic! down, so West side may be relatively mellow at night?
    +No known refurbs of any favorite attractions

June 10-11 Cons:
    -Summer crowds
    -Nemo hysteria

------------------------------------------
    Sept 9-10 Pros:

+ Summer vacations are over (this is the weekend after Labor Day)
    + But hours are still long and most everything is up and running
    + Can see the ORIGINAL Haunted Mansion on 9-9 -- assuming it goes down for HMH remake on 9-10

Sept 9-10 Cons:

- HEAT!
    - Unforeseen refurbs (e.g. Matterhorn)
    - I have to wait longer to go! LOL

OK as you can see I think I am talking myself into June, but what do YOU think?

TIA,
    Werner

• That Guy

Re: June 10-11 or Sept 9-10

Werner,

I don't have a ton of info for you, but don't worry, there are some experts here that will help you.

I am thinking it won't be too painful on June 10. It is hard to say if the crowds will be light. Like you said, people will be waiting for Monday for Nemo to be opened, so maybe they will chill out over the weekend.

I guess we'll have to see. I will be there on Fri and Sat, so hopefully it will be ok.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Weather wise there isen't a lot of difference between June and September. In June the mean temp is around 68 degrees (ave. high77, low 58), in September the mean is 74 degrees (ave. high 84, low 62). In June you can get the "June Gloom," the fogish conditions that usually burn off midday.

Most So Cal schools get out the week of the 11th to 15th on average, the colleges are already out for summer session by then. But with the anticipation of Nemo, I'm guessing that crowds all throught the month of June will be on the heavy side. Unless you are able to go in the middle of the week its likely to be very busy even that early in June.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• The one, the only...

I understand your quandary. I would go in June. It is cooler and you get to be there at a memory making event, the re-opening of the subs. You can say later, that you were there. September will be hotter and probably have larger crowds. Now I know that Subs will bring many people to the park, but they will be there only for one attraction, the rest of the park will not be bad. At worst, it will just be as bad as September. So all in all, I would go sooner than later.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• That Guy

Can you guys tell me if it gets cool enough at night to need a sweatshirt? I know it will be warm in the afternoon, but I'm from Phoenix, where it will be hot until December.

Thanks!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    I'm weighing pros/cons of each set of dates:

June 10-11 Pros:

+Cooler than Sept (I assume?)
    +Summer hasn't really taken off yet (I hope?)
    +Nemo won't be open until the 11th -- maybe crowds won't be as bad on the 10th?
    +Fantasmic! down, so West side may be relatively mellow at night?
    +No known refurbs of any favorite attractions

June 10-11 Cons:
    -Summer crowds
    -Nemo hysteria

------------------------------------------
    Sept 9-10 Pros:

+ Summer vacations are over (this is the weekend after Labor Day)
    + But hours are still long and most everything is up and running
    + Can see the ORIGINAL Haunted Mansion on 9-9 -- assuming it goes down for HMH remake on 9-10

Sept 9-10 Cons:

- HEAT!
    - Unforeseen refurbs (e.g. Matterhorn)
    - I have to wait longer to go! LOL

OK as you can see I think I am talking myself into June, but what do YOU think?

TIA,
    Werner
    Haunted Mansion MIGHT be down by Sept 9th/10th (usually it comes back up the last week in September and it's down for about 4 weeks).

From what people in CA have told me, June is a cold month. I think they call it June Gloom. I froze two years ago (then again, I'm from AZ). From what I've read, many people are looking at June as a date to visit DLand.

If you don't care about Nemo, I'd say do September. You run a chance on rehab and overlay's....but I think the crowds will be less. I don't know if heat will be that great.
    You need a CA res. to give you that info.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Can you guys tell me if it gets cool enough at night to need a sweatshirt? I know it will be warm in the afternoon, but I'm from Phoenix, where it will be hot until December.

Thanks!
    I lived in Phoenix for 14 years and I would say definately! Bring something you can wear in the morning and evening. It is cool then, especially for those with thin blood.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post

Thanks!
    Take a sweatshirt. On many an occasion I have been caught off guard in the evenings. Even in summer.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I've never been in June, but I love september! My main objective is to avoid crowds so I can enjoy the park more. That being said, nothing beats a tuesday in september for me. With the opening of nemo I would think the crowds this June will be even worse than normal. That would be enough to keep me away if I was only going to be there for 2 days.

• Done waiting!!

Both
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by tigger37 View Post
    I've never been in June, but I love september! My main objective is to avoid crowds so I can enjoy the park more. That being said, nothing beats a tuesday in september for me. With the opening of nemo I would think the crowds this June will be even worse than normal. That would be enough to keep me away if I was only going to be there for 2 days.
    And remember, just because you are going a few days before the ride opens, a lot of families made Disneyland their vacation for the summer, so they are there for a week. So if they wanted to see Nemo, they might be arriving Friday or Saturday.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    And remember, just because you are going a few days before the ride opens, a lot of families made Disneyland their vacation for the summer, so they are there for a week. So if they wanted to see Nemo, they might be arriving Friday or Saturday.
    My thoughts exactly!