View Poll Results: Which DLR Rides Provide The Best Nightime Views Of The Parks?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds or California Screamin'

29 46.03%
  • Disneyland Railroad or Monorail

18 28.57%
  • Splash Mountain or Grizzly River Run

9 14.29%
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

7 11.11%
  • *coming* Finding Nemo Submarines

4 6.35%
  • Tower of Terror or Sun Wheel

22 34.92%
  • Alice In Wonderland or Winnie the Pooh

2 3.17%
  • Rivers of America Watercraft - Mark Twain, Columbia, canoes, *coming* pirate feeries

3 4.76%
  • Spinners - Dumbo. Asto Orbitor, California Zephers, Flik's Flyers

1 1.59%
  • Other

4 6.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Which DLR Rides Provide The Best Nightime Views Of The Parks?

Quote Originally Posted by tigger37 View Post
    If you are on the side of the maliboomer that faces the lake it is a great view! And it lasts a little longer than the Tot since you can see the view all the way down.
    That goes to reason. The Maliboomer is giganormous, and towers over EVERYTHING! ...except perhaps TOT. Wonder which is taller?

Nevertheless, the view from the Maliboomer must be utterly FANTASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Sunwheel is the best. God, I haven't been on that in over a year I think. Crazy at first with the rocking. I was scared ****less when I went on that for the first time.
    Can't wait to ride next time I'm at the park. The swaying of the seats ought to add some drama...perhaps I'll need dramamine.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Can't wait to ride next time I'm at the park. The swaying of the seats ought to add some drama...perhaps I'll need dramamine.
    Think of it as a giant rocking chair. It helped me out that first time I went.

• Boogers are salty

Nothing will ever match the view from the Skyway

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Which DLR Rides Provide The Best Nightime Views Of The Parks?(Merged)

Think of it as a giant rocking chair. It helped me out that first time I went.
    Great analagy.. My rocking chair is in the family room. So, while I ride, I think that I'll also pretend my cell phone is a remote channel control - aim and click it on the things that I want to see. Channel surfing on the sunwheel should relax me. Know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Nothing will ever match the view from the Skyway
    The Skyway was one of a kind all the way around.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I chose Matterhorn. Even though you are going pretty fast on the ride. I think it has some beautiful views!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Great analagy.. My rocking chair is in the family room. So, while I ride, I think that I'll also pretend my cell phone is a remote channel control - aim and click it on the things that I want to see. Channel surfing on the sunwheel should relax me. Know what I mean?

LOL...You'd get two choices to watch...the Sky network or the Paradise Pier water channel. You'll be annoyed because you can't choose between the two while you're up there! Make sure to ride the purple gondolas though. They swing more.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Wrong forum...
    LOL...You'd get two choices to watch...the Sky network or the Paradise Pier water channel. You'll be annoyed because you can't choose between the two while you're up there! Make sure to ride the purple gondolas though. They swing more.
    Purple gondolas it is. Water Channel it is. Wonder if I'll be able to pick up the Disney Channel, as well? ...

• is too darn hot.

Not to be nitpicky, but the Skyway not only had a counterpart at WDW and TDL, but also was present in many other theme and amusement parks across the country such as Magic Mountain and Cedar Point as well as being based upon an alpine ski lift. Yes, it was the only one to go through the Matterhorn, butr it certainly wasn't one-of-a-kind.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Not to be nitpicky, but the Skyway not only had a counterpart at WDW and TDL, but also was present in many other theme and amusement parks across the country such as Magic Mountain and Cedar Point as well as being based upon an alpine ski lift. Yes, it was the only one to go through the Matterhorn, butr it certainly wasn't one-of-a-kind.
    Ex-squeeze me.. The DL Skyway was one-of-a kind from the standpoint that it was the first ski lift based tram to be used as an amusementpark/theme park ride...the original tram used strictly for entertainment purposes. I find this quite uplifting...no pun intended.

The Matterhorn Bobsleds are another first...the tubular tracks make it the fater of all modern day roller coasters.

• is too darn hot.

Ex-squeeze me.. The DL Skyway was one-of-a kind from the standpoint that it was the first ski lift based tram to be used as an amusementpark/theme park ride...the original tram used strictly for entertainment purposes. I find this quite uplifting...no pun intended.

The Matterhorn Bobsleds are another first...the tubular tracks make it the fater of all modern day roller coasters.
    Then it'd be more accurate to say "first of its kind" rather than "one-of-a kind."
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Then it'd be more accurate to say "first of its kind" rather than "one-of-a kind."
    True. It would also be more accurate to say that we're both a couple of argumentative, yet totally cool, rockin' stud muffins.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The underwater views in the Finding Nemo Sub lagoon will be colorful and exciting. The aquatic landscape will be a fanciful of new things, and reminants from the former attraction.

• skyway fan!

the skyway at disneyland was the 1st vonroll skyride ever.the skyway at disneyland is solely responcible for all of the other amusement parks through out the world to put in a vonroll type 101 gondola lift!
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• skyway fan!

nothing like the skyway ! period! i go on the skyride at seaworld san diego during there fireworks show and remember traveling above disneyland watching the fireworks.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1 View Post
    nothing like the skyway ! period! i go on the skyride at seaworld san diego during there fireworks show and remember traveling above disneyland watching the fireworks.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/
    The Skyway at night presented "in your face" breathtaking views of the park in all of it's flickering multi-colored glory. The trek thru the Matterhorn was absolutely wild. Sceaming guests in bobsleds careened about nearby. Everything was all dark and ominous.

I would like to see Disneyland imagineer some sort of a ride that would travel along the same path as the former Skyway, including the trek thru the Matterhorn. Of course, they would have to reopen the hole. That was a unique, worldride trademark.

Thanks for the link to the pic of the Skyway, and info. It's been so long since I have seen a shot of it, I had forgotten how jampacked with trams that ride was. It swalloed crowds! Talk about capacity..
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-25-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast