Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Gumball Rally Godfather

removed for security reasons
    Last edited by Circarama; 03-15-2005 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking
    LOL... You got that straight. But honestly, I just want whoever buys it to give it a good home.
    You should contact me.

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    You should contact me.
    Well, I don't know if you're serious or not, but the current asking price is near 2 million. *completely serious*
    So, if that is something you could consider, let me know and I'll gladly pass on any offer to my dad.
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Closed Account

I like to collect things associated with the Disneyland Railroad. While I have a fairly good collection of items that were meant to be sold as souvenirs like post cards and tickets, the prizes of my collection are items from the trains never meant to be sold to the public. For instance, I have two Conductor hat badges from the Santa Fe & Disneyland RR that were used for only a short period in the 1950s, before being replaced with the style recognizable today. One of them is marked "Brakeman," and the other is marked "Station Agent." Those titles, unused today, give you some idea about the details that Disney used to lavish on their attractions, even the costumes.

I also have several original engineer hats from the SF&D and later incarnations, as well as a real conductor hat.

I love everything Disney, and I decided early opn that if I were to collect every Disney item I wanted to, I, too, would need another house. So I focus only in my first love--the trains of the Disneyland Railroad.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking
    Well, I don't know if you're serious or not, but the current asking price is near 2 million. *completely serious*
    So, if that is something you could consider, let me know and I'll gladly pass on any offer to my dad.
    Are we talking about the same map? The map that I'm thinking of was drawn by Herb Ryman, not Ub Iwerks. I came across an auction for this map on ebay. The ad states,"The Walt Disney Imagineering Image Library maintains the original artwork." Here's the link, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...517734417&rd=1
    Last edited by Circarama; 03-15-2005 at 04:56 PM.

• Space Mountain Expert

Circarama,
    Nope, it's not that map that you linked to. The one my dad is in possession of was drawn by Ub.
    That's a sweet map though, the one drawn by Herb!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Wow, I have never seen the map that you are talking about! Can you post a picture of it? Being a collector of Disneyland maps, I'd love to see it.

• Space Mountain Expert

I don't have one readily available sorry to say, but there is a picture of it when you go into 'Great Moments w/ Mr. Lincoln'. Walt is standing by it with a pointer and he's talking to an audience. It actually has a hot air balloon coming up from the hub.

the world of disneyking

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345