Thread: Crowne Plaza

Crowne Plaza

Anyone have experience with their shuttle? How early/late and how frequenty does it run, etc? Is it reliable enough to get to Rope Drop in time and/or frequent enough to easily catch for a mid-day respite back at the pool? Or is a cab ride the way to go? Thanks!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Crowne Plaza

According to the last time that we were there...

The best part is it is not a FART shuttle, it is their own contracted one.

I believe their std schedule is every half an hour and the last bus 30 minutes after closing.

I'm not sure when the first one runs.

But it is free!

Enjoy!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

It kinda sucks... it service three other hotel and the CP is the last one .. good luck getting there on time. :/ We had the shuttle drive past us the first time.. my family and about 10 others. People were standing in the small isle way and it was just bad. It's not free either.. you pay a $9 (?) shuttle/ parking fee per day on top of the room price. The hotel IS nice.. the shuttle is my little problem.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    It kinda sucks... it service three other hotel and the CP is the last one .. good luck getting there on time. :/ We had the shuttle drive past us the first time.. my family and about 10 others. People were standing in the small isle way and it was just bad. It's not free either.. you pay a $9 (?) shuttle/ parking fee per day on top of the room price. The hotel IS nice.. the shuttle is my little problem.

Are you sure about that Miss V? The Crowne shuttle ONLY picks up from the Hyatt across the street. That's it. If someone is concerned about it, I hear people just walk across to the Hyatt and wait there.

Also, I typically take a cab from the Crowne to DLR. I think it is $6-8 which is less then lunch at DLR, and you get there when you want, without any stops.

Good luck!

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Are you sure about that Miss V?...
    When we stayed at the Crown Plaza 3 years back, the bus made two stops before we were dropped at the CP; it was the last stop before returning to DL.

The first bus got to DL about 1/2 hour before the park opened. We had to take a cab for EE. We prefer staying across from DL on Harbor; the CP bus drops you off right inside the entrance. Staying across the street is only another 2-300 feet walking from the bus drop-off!

• Circle of Ancients

I haven't used the shuttle from there, but it's my 'least' favorite hotel in the Disneyland area. The hotel itself is nice, but you have to park BEHIND the hotel, walking to the lobby you can see INTO people's back-yards and the beds are VERY uncomfortable.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I haven't used the shuttle from there, but it's my 'least' favorite hotel in the Disneyland area. The hotel itself is nice, but you have to park BEHIND the hotel, walking to the lobby you can see INTO people's back-yards and the beds are VERY uncomfortable.
    Our beds were HECKUV (hehe.. made up a word) comfy. This was right after the refurn last year though. I don't know if you stayed before then.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Circle of Ancients

Last time we stayed there was a couple of months ago. Compared to the Hyatt, the beds are the suck.