Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Any Star Tours announcement this weekend?

Well just got back from the preview day of C4 for fan club members and I'm almost too tired to write a report (if i do it'll be in the entertainment section) but thought I'd say that there will probably be no announcement regarding Star Tours this weekend.

George Lucas is currently in Europe RIGHT THIS MINUTE working on Indiana Jones 4 with Spielberg. So he won't even make an appearance to the 30th anniversary celebration.

But if any thing DOES get revealed, it will be tomorrow night during the grand opening ceremony. I will post as soon as I hear anything.*

*meaning I will post as soon as I get home safely from too much star wars.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Well just got back from the preview day of C4 for fan club members and I'm almost too tired to write a report (if i do it'll be in the entertainment section) but thought I'd say that there will probably be no announcement regarding Star Tours this weekend.

George Lucas is currently in Europe RIGHT THIS MINUTE working on Indiana Jones 4 with Spielberg. So he won't even make an appearance to the 30th anniversary celebration.

But if any thing DOES get revealed, it will be tomorrow night during the grand opening ceremony. I will post as soon as I hear anything.*

*meaning I will post as soon as I get home safely from too much star wars.
    I am looking forward to your reports over the weekend.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    This is also the rumor that I heard that the animated TV show is supposed to be about. The rumor about the tv show either being Post -Return or Old Republic. I guess we wont really know until it's announced. I also heard about a TV Show being produced about the Young Jedis that is supposed to take place Post Return. It was supposed to be on the WB (Well, whatever they call themselves now) and be something like Smallville.
    Oh, is he gonna screw with the novel continuity some more?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• MICE~CHAT Resident DJ

I'd be so frickin happy if they updated Star Tours. After all these years it is still my favorite ride. I was excited about Training Academy at first but now I dunno. I'll have to put up a pic of my Star Wars pins. Anyone got the new ones yet? I picked up X-Wing Mickey, Jedi Mickey, and Darth Goofy. I'll pick the rest up this Monday. Happy 30th Birthday Star Wars!!!!!

Check out my Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/joe_e_audio

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    MelonBaller and I (along with 6 other lucky NW Micechatters) were able to listen to Marty Sklar last week in Seattle. Someone in the audience did ask about a Star Tours update and he said something along the lines of the story is already in place, but they are waiting for some upgrades in technology. The new "story" would encompass all 6 episodes if I recall correctly. Melon can add more or correct me though.

That's pretty much what he said. I was under the impression that they were waiting for Lucas to sign off on it, but he is busy with Indiana Jones 4. Still If I was going to announce the change I would do it this weekend at C4. Hey Coheteboy, is there an official Disney presence there this weekend?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Hey Coheteboy, is there an official Disney presence there this weekend?
    None whatsoever. Harrison Ellenshaw has a booth though (son of peter ellenshaw) and he has some original Disneyland paintings that he's selling for a fortune. He also worked on films like Tron, Dick Tracy, Captain EO, etc. Other than that... nada.

• Shablagoo!

None whatsoever. Harrison Ellenshaw has a booth though (son of peter ellenshaw) and he has some original Disneyland paintings that he's selling for a fortune. He also worked on films like Tron, Dick Tracy, Captain EO, etc. Other than that... nada.
    Well rats. That stinks.

• Fighter Pilot

As a major SW fan its killing me halfway through all these "rumors" everyones hearing. Most of these were wrong and so I had to stop halfway and get it straight.
    Theres two Star War shows coming, one is the Clone Wars 3D show (teaser poster here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SWTCW_CIV_Poster.jpg)

and the Second is live action with an entirly new character and characters that pick up after Epidose III and fills in the gap just because.

Lucas said he will not make any more movies and that he knows there is a rumor about another 3 movies based when Yoda was first starting out as a jedi. But he said the SW story has been told and it was abotu the Skywalker family. No matter what anyone says, there will be no more movies, unless its to deal with the Clone Wars cartoon or SW TV show which has not yet been picked up by any TV network yet

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I heard C3-PO is going Aluminum!

• Former Epcot CM

I'm hoping for a third KOTOR.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceChat Moderator

Ok gents. I have the scoop on Star Tours. Don't ask me how I found out but I had my ways and this is pretty much the word.

No, there will not be any Star Tours updates soon, but it's not out of the question. Both Lucas and Disney are interested in creating an update, but there are other factors that come to play. The obvious one is money. Why would Disney front the money on something that theoretically doesn't need fixing? The queue is commonly 25 minutes on average which means there's nothing wrong with it in their eyes.

But there have been many many concepts floating around... it's just a matter of time before it'll actually happen. Who knows... maybe 5 years we'll be seeing a different tune and it will finally happen. It's just not going to be now.

From my understanding, Disney is always 5-10 years too late when improvements are needed. It took 10 years for the Submarine Voyage to return, and that lagoon was THIS close to becoming removed just like the Magic Kingdom. If it weren't for Finding Nemo, that's what would have happened.

One thing at a time. Tomorrowland is on the up and up and Star Tours is just not a priority.

• Shablagoo!

Ok gents. I have the scoop on Star Tours. Don't ask me how I found out but I had my ways and this is pretty much the word.

No, there will not be any Star Tours updates soon, but it's not out of the question. Both Lucas and Disney are interested in creating an update, but there are other factors that come to play. The obvious one is money. Why would Disney front the money on something that theoretically doesn't need fixing? The queue is commonly 25 minutes on average which means there's nothing wrong with it in their eyes.

But there have been many many concepts floating around... it's just a matter of time before it'll actually happen. Who knows... maybe 5 years we'll be seeing a different tune and it will finally happen. It's just not going to be now.

From my understanding, Disney is always 5-10 years too late when improvements are needed. It took 10 years for the Submarine Voyage to return, and that lagoon was THIS close to becoming removed just like the Magic Kingdom. If it weren't for Finding Nemo, that's what would have happened.

One thing at a time. Tomorrowland is on the up and up and Star Tours is just not a priority.

Aww too bad. Still its basically what I expected to hear. Any news about the new cartoon?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Aww too bad. Still its basically what I expected to hear. Any news about the new cartoon?
    Update would happen on sunday... not sure if I'm gonna go though. I'm worn out. We'll see.

• Shablagoo!

Update would happen on sunday... not sure if I'm gonna go though. I'm worn out. We'll see.
    I can understand that completely. I'm so following you from one Star Wars thread to the other. LOL. Get some sleep buddy.

• Banned User

I appriciate the scoop. However another reliable source on another website is claiming that it will happen within the next few years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast