Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Scooter rentals, can any Joe Schmo rent them?

Because at Dland last Sunday, VFan and I were nearly run over by a gaggle of about six 20something kids in a line and MAYBE one of them needed to have one, but certainly not all 6. How do I know? Well, ok we didn't ASK them if they needed them, but the way they were plowing through Adventureland, they way they were sitting on the scooters, legs crossed or up on the steering mechanism, I’d venture to guess if they had issues they wouldn’t have been driving around in those positions.

So, CAN any Tom Dick or Harry rent them? I mean personally I don’t think that’s right, because then you are possibly taking away a scooter from someone that might ACTUALLY need it.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Scooter rentals, can any Joe Schmo rent them?

Pretty much if you have the money you can rent the scooter. They don't ask or check to see if you really need them.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Yep any Joe Schmoe! Remember when THE BOB rented one to have a mock wedding with Crazy Legs?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

I think most people don't need them. They are too fat and lazy to walk around the park. Ever notice they are not skinny people riding those things?

Me
    Fat guy that actually walks around the park

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Let's not make assumptions about who needs and does not need a scooter. We have discussed this topic mutliple times and it's getting a little old!
    Foolish Mortal

Sad Re: Scooter rentals, can any Joe Schmo rent them?

Check this out, it's the rage in Las Vegas.

'Las Vegas lazy' tourists try scooters to navigate Strip
    http://www.usatoday.com/travel/desti...s_N.htm?csp=34

• n/a

Years ago my uncle took his family to the park. With four little ones in tow he rented a standard wheelchair so they could take breaks from walking. In good taste, he would park the wheelchair and stand in lines with everyone else.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SifuJustin View Post
    I think most people don't need them. They are too fat and lazy to walk around the park. Ever notice they are not skinny people riding those things?

Me
    Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    Let's not make assumptions about who needs and does not need a scooter. We have discussed this topic mutliple times and it's getting a little old!
    Exactly! I'm not skinny or lazy. I broke my leg over a year ago and have a rod and screws inside, you don't see the scars because my leg is always covered. There are times when I get a scooter because sometimes my knee starts to give out on me if I'm walking too much (as happens at times in Disneyland), so a scooter helps me so I don't fall on my butt. I don't do it all the time, but I have found those scooters to be very helpful when I do need them.

• A Pirate's life for me!

First come, first served. You snooze, you lose. And anyone with the cash can get one.

Not saying I think it's right...Just saying.

• Directly directed

I appreciate that they don't ask. I feel pathetic enough having to rent one without having to say why.

• Reformed Bedknob Twister

I was there that same day and almost got run over twice by that same group of people. They were practicing driving in formations, screaming at each other and laughing. It appeared to be a group of kids in their early 20s and a middle-aged guy.

When we were walking by Triton's garden area, they were actually doing circles and hitting each other. They weren't being respectful to the equipment or others, but whether they needed them or not, I don't know. Judging by how they were acting, I don't think so.

• Banned User

Me
    such a nice assumtion !! so fat people can not have injurys and a disease?? wow, nice !!!!!!! its so nice that you have a good out look for everybody

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Exactly! I'm not skinny or lazy. I broke my leg over a year ago and have a rod and screws inside, you don't see the scars because my leg is always covered. There are times when I get a scooter because sometimes my knee starts to give out on me if I'm walking too much (as happens at times in Disneyland), so a scooter helps me so I don't fall on my butt. I don't do it all the time, but I have found those scooters to be very helpful when I do need them.
    again assuming there lazy? not everyone is. I rent one, my back has degenerating disc disease, and 2 crush disks, I also have arthritis in my back and spine. I am fat can you tell if i am lazy ?
    Lets look at it this way, if you see kids doing this report them, they can be talked to, but do not assume people are useless and or fat and are only using the cart to be lazy. maybe there are maybe there not, but who are we to say?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Because at Dland last Sunday, VFan and I were nearly run over by a gaggle of about six 20something kids in a line and MAYBE one of them needed to have one, but certainly not all 6. How do I know? Well, ok we didn't ASK them if they needed them, but the way they were plowing through Adventureland, they way they were sitting on the scooters, legs crossed or up on the steering mechanism, I’d venture to guess if they had issues they wouldn’t have been driving around in those positions.

So, CAN any Tom Dick or Harry rent them? I mean personally I don’t think that’s right, because then you are possibly taking away a scooter from someone that might ACTUALLY need it.
    exactly!! so I would tell someone what you havbe witnessed, maybe one needed it and the others were having fun with him or her, but they need to be more intune with opthers in the park, I say when you see this report it I am sorry this happened, it ruins it for those of us who need a chair

• Minion

All I can say is WOW. :::walking away shaking my head:::
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast