Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Tic Tac?

Re: Does Disney 'overdo' things???

You're right, Susabelle, but I must point out something;

Quote Originally Posted by Susabelle View Post
    That movie was gorgeous and showed everyone this beautiful country we live in. NO, we get Chicken Little, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., A Bugs Life and a seedy Hollywood Backlot,
    Chicken Little is not in DCA. Apart from that hideous balloon (and the less said about that, the better), there has not been a single thing to do with CL in any of the parks.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• I may be nutz...but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Lurkey View Post
    You're right, Susabelle, but I must point out something;

Chicken Little is not in DCA. Apart from that hideous balloon (and the less said about that, the better), there has not been a single thing to do with CL in any of the parks.
    True, sorry bout that, He just fits in with Pixar stuff, but you are right, 40 lashes and walk the plank, susa, uh oh, the marketing is getting to me...AAAAAAAuuuuugh!
    susa

• no flash photography...

Y
    they did have chicken little and ugly duckling walk around characters....I think.....IDK, I don't really pay attention to the cartoony stuff.

i know it seems as if they overdo things but I think that those of you who are really close to the parks are mabey a little hypersensitive to it. I live in Oregon and only get to go once a year tops and it would suck if I always just missed that cool new promotion or movie tie-in because I couldn't rush right over to one of the theme parks. They almost have to "overdue it" so we can all get a chance to experience Disneys new milestones.

Preserving and improving the long-term value of the company's assets should be the focus of Disney's management.

Walt Disney's business philosophy was to focus on developing a staggering portfolio of assets that had extraordinary value and longevity.

I'm so tired of the short-sighted-ness of Disney lately. When is there going to be anothe Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion? I think we can all agree that Tower of Terror was a very (and some-what surprising) attraction (even if it's a thrill). It's theming and magical feeling makes it memorable and breath-taking.

I want someone, just ONE person, to go and say "stop, that's not a good idea".

Sadly, that's all it takes

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Corporate thinking, indeed.
    For sure!! That's how the corporation I work for does things too. Rams stuff down people's throats. I detest it. (Even though I love Disneyland!!!)

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

If they pirate everything out,they'll have to redo everything when the fad dies it's a good thing.Look what happened to westerns in the 50's everything was cowboys and indians.Then came sputnik,then buh bye cowboys and helllooo spacemen(ala Toy story)

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore View Post
    If they pirate everything out,they'll have to redo everything when the fad dies it's a good thing.Look what happened to westerns in the 50's everything was cowboys and indians.Then came sputnik,then buh bye cowboys and helllooo spacemen(ala Toy story)
    Actually, I was thinking of this. When Pirates go away do you think they'll relapse into Cowboys? That would call for a Big Thunder movie (ha!).....of course I laugh now....

• is too darn hot.

You have pretty much proved my point. Did anyone notice how the characters from Meet The Robinsons got removed before the Cars ones? I'm just so sick of it....

Don't think I hate Pixar. I love Pixar as much as I love Chicken Little (and, coming from me, that's a compliment). I'm just sick of seeing them everywhere.
    Perhaps you don't see Meet the Robinsons or Chicken Little because both movies sucked royally.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore View Post
    By this thinking, does that mean I can count on having my pirates around for 30 something years like we did with the cowboy stuff? I hope so, I'd like that a lot.

• Elusive Member

I want a pirate themed people mover. Yes I know it's tommorrowland..just use the treasure planet movie (remember that one?) This is just how desperate I'm getting. Back to the thread...Yes Disney does. I'm not sure marketing can overdo. There's no telling when the public will get over POTC in movie, toy and sweatshirt form but one thing is certain, aslong as merchandise flies off the shelves the trend will continue.
    The one and only...The Original...
    Mountain Man

• Old Timer

I don't mind the overload of princesses and pirates. I just wish I could find some items from some of the older Disney movies. I would love to be able to get something from Lion King or Mary Popins but the selection is woefully inadaquet.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Preserving and improving the long-term value of the company's assets should be the focus of Disney's management.

Walt Disney's business philosophy was to focus on developing a staggering portfolio of assets that had extraordinary value and longevity.
    WTF does Walt Disney have to do with this? We're talking about the Walt Disney Company dammit!

The over utilization of the PIXAR properties had a very clear intention: to piss off the folks at PIXAR. PIXAR was set to drop Disney as its distributor and Disney was set to milk PIXAR's property for all it was worth, as Disney would retain the character, sequel, and theme park right.

I believe part of the problem is that Disney is "back". Disney is not only cool, it is very cool. The presence of Disney merchandise from Wal*Mart to Hot Topic shows that popularity. This started at the start of the century with Disney Princesses and Lilo & Stitch. Disney was producing poor quality and being outdone by the competition and PIXAR. These properties were Disney's hits and they needed to stay out as long as possible. That trend has only continued as it seems the culture at Disney only changes slowly.

The biggest crime is that it is so hard to find Walt Disney in anything from Disney. There are several older films with pirates that are not known by the pirate frenzied public. No other studio is pushing pirates. Disney, as the primary fuel source, needs to ensure that it does not shoot itself in the foot with oversaturation, and eventual poor quality.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    I'm so tired of the short-sighted-ness of Disney lately. When is there going to be anothe Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion? I think we can all agree that Tower of Terror was a very (and some-what surprising) attraction (even if it's a thrill). It's theming and magical feeling makes it memorable and breath-taking.

I want someone, just ONE person, to go and say "stop, that's not a good idea".

Sadly, that's all it takes
    STOP.....They already did Tower of Terror as a TV movie. It's on DVD. It may be a great idea, but its all in the execution.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast