Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Castle Lighting

• Banned User

You have to see it in person. It's way worse.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Is it me or aren't the purple floodlights how it's always been since somewhere around the Pressler period? They used to be more pink (see avatar), but went purple at some point.

I think the reason for that natural lighting in SoCalDude's first screenshot was either to let the graveyard shift applying paint see how it's coming out, or because they wanted the castle not being lit by colored lighting so that the now-scrapped projection effects in the fireworks show would work right.

• Banned User

i like how they put lights on each balconey to add some highlights, but I absolutely hate with a passion the colors they picked. The pink is too saturated and it looks, like Socapex said, like a Barbie House. And all those wires over it for the new Tinkerbell effect look tackey. I know it will be a cool effect, but is it reall worth having 5 thick lines that reach from the matterhorn to her landing tower?

• That's Hawt

Tech_Disney ... you go to USC! rock on! ...or should I say Fight On! I want to go there when I graduate High School.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• No bacon; sausage.

The photos don't do it justice. The pink is so garish in person. Sure, it successfully invokes the iconic image of the castle at the beginning of the Wonderful World of Color TV spots...but I always hated the way that looked. I mean, it'd be kind of a nifty effect for a moment, say while Tinkerbell flew over the castle, but all night every night? It's just gaudy and completely ruins the way the castle fits in with its surroundings. It looks like a kid's toy rather than a fantasy castle.

• something else...

I really like the new effect. It makes the castle look...grander? Althoug, I agree that it does look gaudy. The effect itself is cool but the colors...there are a few people that need to be fired because of their inability to choose colors (TL '98?). I think what makes the Barbie-type look worse is the color of the castle itself. Just wondering...would a white castle look bad? Sure it'll get dirty...but that's why people created towels.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Gay Moths will love it.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Why not Blue and White like the icon looks?
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Banned User

The reason why it is so bright right now is because they made it so it will resist fading in the future. If you remember how faded the paint was by the start of the refurb. Just give it a few years and it wont be so bright and saturated. I am sure they did this unpurpose.

• Minion

ORWEN: I think the problem for some ducklings out there--who don't like the current lighting--is because they just don't happen to like the color PINK! And I don't understand that at all because pink is such a beautiful color. It's even one of Princess Aurora's colors!! And Pink has always been the victim of discrimination--mainly by macho types who think they're too 'tough' to appreciate a thing of beauty.

ORDDU: Plus the color pink is so deeply associated with the feminine side of life--and I think many men are afraid to say they like anything that is associated with feminine things, for fear of being dubbed a 'sissy'.

ORWEN: But, as a staunch defender of the color pink, I'd actually like to see more of it!

ORDDU: Although we must wholeheartedly agree that--what they did to Cinderella's Castle a few year's back--during Disney World's 25th celebration--went WAY over the top. A castle should never be turned into a birthday cake--regardless of the color!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    I don't have a problem with pinks or pastels, I mean c'mon my brothers were raised on the Care Bears and my mom painted the nursery lemon yellow (the nursery was on the east side of the house as well[my grandfather claimed it as a form of child abuse on the eyes]). I think it would look more regal as Aurora's "other color" Blue with white trim like the icon it has become on the Disney logo.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• No bacon; sausage.

I don't mind pink, I actually like how the paint job looks in daylight. But the lighting at night is awful. It's way too bright, completely altering the sense of scale of the castle. It makes it look tiny and plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Gay Moths will love it.
    What does this supposed to mean? I think the castle looks great.

I like the new lights. I think it actually makes the castle *not* look so gaudy, and mutes a lot of the edges, making the colors look softer and appealing. Then again, I haven't seen it in person, so who knows.

I agree with Disneyfreak. I'm sure the colors on the castle will calm down in a few years. I think everybody's going through a little shock because we're so accustomed to seeing the castle looking faded for so long!

• wasting time

A pic from last week:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast