Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Castle Lighting

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

I myslef love that they actually did something to the castle not plop some big ugly birthday cake around it like what happened years ago to the castle. I think msot of us rememebr that sad day..I appreciate the new paint and lighting system thats gone into the castle. I jsut have one question what happened to that testing with the Pani projectors. That woudlve been cool to see each night. Like Tink flying around the castle or some pixie dust sparkiling off it. Oh well anyways.. I do agree with everyone the castle looks amazing.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I like the new, dramatic nightime lighting too. Although, I do think it's a bit too fuschia. I think that's because it's pink on pink. They could just use the white LED setting and make the pink on the walls stand out, rather than adding another pink layer onto the already pink walls. Regardless, it's still an improvement over the old lighting, in my opinion. I also don't find that the forced perspective has been lost at all, it seems either the same or even more intensified to me. In it's current state, it's definitely the icon in the center of the park. In it's faded days, it kind of disappeared, and you almost didn't notice it from town square.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Although I do hate the railing.

• Minion

ORDDU: When my sisters and I were visiting Disneyland in December 2004, the castle had just been freshly painted with all the scaffolding removed. Everything about it looked nearly perfect! While we haven't yet been back to see the new lighting at night, the photos provided thus far are much appreciated by us. I'm sure we'd like it in person.

ORWEN: We did, however, notice that none of the castle windows are lit up any more. Why is that? In the olden days, there were LOTS of windows that had lights in various windows. Over the years, it seemed only the main windows in the front--along with the large windows at the rear facing the courtyard--were ever lit up at night. Some ducklings probably never notice such things. But to a witch who likes things to look 'lived in', we prefer that as many castle windows have lights glowing behind them as possible!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi
    I like the new, dramatic nightime lighting too. Although, I do think it's a bit too fuschia. I think that's because it's pink on pink. They could just use the white LED setting and make the pink on the walls stand out, rather than adding another pink layer onto the already pink walls. Regardless, it's still an improvement over the old lighting, in my opinion. I also don't find that the forced perspective has been lost at all, it seems either the same or even more intensified to me. In it's current state, it's definitely the icon in the center of the park. In it's faded days, it kind of disappeared, and you almost didn't notice it from town square.
    No color will looks way worse. If you want the pink to pop without looking gawdy, use a less saterated pink.

• Shop Steward

"I think a lot of people are missing the fact that most of the negative comments in this thread are not about the paint jub, but about the night lighting."

If you're implying me, I was speaking of the new lighting.
    -David

• Who's your DaddyB?

I find it interesting that the majority of people who are saying they like the new lighting haven't actually been to Disneyland to see the new lighting. They are only judging from the pictures, and anyone who sees it in person can tell you that the photographs just don't do the intensity of the horridness it's justice.

Go to the park. Feel the burning effect on your eyes!

My retinas! My Retinas!

arrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!

• Shop Steward

<---- Disneyland Magic Maker.

I see it every night, and I still say I've never seen it look better in daylight and at night time.
    -David

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    I find it interesting that the majority of people who are saying they like the new lighting haven't actually been to Disneyland to see the new lighting. They are only judging from the pictures, and anyone who sees it in person can tell you that the photographs just don't do the intensity of the horridness it's justice.

Go to the park. Feel the burning effect on your eyes!

My retinas! My Retinas!

arrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!
    lol, I saw it last night and I sitll think it looks great!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345