Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Nemo Soft Openings

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    He knew what he was talking about, he was just saying they might do some soft openings, he didnt say LOOK OUT FOR SOFT OPENINGS, CROWD TOMORROWLAND.
    OK, so he knew what he was talking about, but he said they might do soft openings yesterday? Or did he imply "any day now". Sounds ambiguous now.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I know thats what I was thinking, If someone had been on a soft opening we would have videos and pictures galore.

He knew what he was talking about, he was just saying they might do some soft openings, he didnt say LOOK OUT FOR SOFT OPENINGS, CROWD TOMORROWLAND.
    Your original post said that they had already been doing soft openings. Now, you say he said that they might be doing soft openings? Well, that's confusing.

Eitherway, I think I'll go with what Malcon10t is sayin'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Well, then he was pulling your leg. DOSH hasn't approved the ride yet. Until its approved, only cast members can be used as crash dummies. Rumor has it, there will be no soft openings until after APs, Club 33 members, CMs, and others have been thru the previews. AND, those who will get any soft opening previews will be done by the DreamTeam.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

he meant like any day now or soon, or maybe

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

he meant like any day now or soon, or maybe
    Well you should have said that to begin with instead of this (bold added by me):

We were at the opening of california adventure and one of the guys that was talking to us said that sometimes nemo has soft openings. So of course I wanted to sit by nemo all day untill they let me ride but that wasnt going to happen.

So watch for nemo cms and watch for moving subs and blast over to the lagoon to see if u can get on!

Sorry, I don't mean to be railing on you... but CMs are notorious for giving out misinformation to guests. Add that to the fact that you keep changing the story... and well, ...I just don't know what to say anymore.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    patattack[/B];1793381]We were at the opening of california adventure and one of the guys that was talking to us said that sometimes nemo has soft openings. So of course I wanted to sit by nemo all day untill they let me ride but that wasnt going to happen.

So watch for nemo cms and watch for moving subs and blast over to the lagoon to see if u can get on!
    I also read where you would sit there all day til they let you ride to mean he was saying yesterday. Yes, around the 8th and 9th, they MAY have limited soft openings for DreamTeam to give away. But, I wouldn't expect anyone else getting rides before that. It will be like the Pirates reopening.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I got to ride it today. :I
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    did you like it?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post

AND..... !?

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Yup, they were giving CM previews today! I saw many in costume CM's boarding...I was so mad I couldn't go on.

• Basking in birthday love

Yeah, not only did I not get a shift on a holiday and got gypped out of holiday pay, but I wasn't able to be a testing guinea pig to ride Nemo. Salt in the wound, I tells ya.

Ah well, there's always Saturday...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Hold Please

Today was the first day that CM who aren't trained or are being trained on the ride got to go on. Those training today got to the ride at 6am for training and the line was beng set up and the leads told us we will probably do an hour of CM previews. Considering it was a test day everyone became more nervous.

They were doing PA's and those castmembers were being tested with actual people riding ...

• Defeats the Huns

I didn't see this topic before I posted on the "Nemo Countdown Photo Challenge" topic... so I'll just copy and paste what I wrote here:

There was a Cast Member preview today. It was super secret. It wasn't posted anywhere. Just by word of mouth. It was held from 1pm-3pm only.

I was lucky enough to go on it and I had lots of fun. It's definitely a great attraction and people of all ages should enjoy it. The ride is 14 minutes long, but I didn't feel it was that long at all. It kept me interested the whole time. Lots of stuff to see.

I had some other cast members tell me that they were bored.. and thought it was too slow. To which I responded, "Um.. it's a submarine ride. how fast did you expect it to go? It's not a roller coaster." So, please take it for what it is. If you do, then you'll have a great time.

• Never Look Back

^

Sounds cool! Thanks for sharing. When I was a CM, and they did previews for Space, they all said the same thing for that too. "It's not fast enough, and it doesn't have loops." I mean how fast did they expect a submarine to go...

• Hold Please

I don't think anyone did there PA with Cast Members in besides one. Everyone else was practicing or their trainers drove with people in it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast