• 88 mph

Cast-member Canoe Races 2007

Its that time of the year again! The annual Canoe Races around the Rivers of America are coming up. Where you have to wake up before 5:00AM to race!

Has anyone attended this before? I have never been but I want to be involved this year. Does anyone know how it works? Been there? Whats it like?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• :)

Re: Cast-member Canoe Races 2007

Wrong Forum

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Not really wrong forum, but it is very CM specific.

I've done the Canoe Races maybe two or three years, I can't remember. But it was seriously the one of the funnest experiences around. It builds friendships with your fellow CMs and you get to do something that doesn't happen when you ride the canoes with other guests: you go FAST.

A highlight is seeing what the team names are. I remember the parade men were "Pink Fuzzy Bunnies" and well... they were all in shape so they beat everyone year after year.

Another clever name was E-OARS (eeyore). Our team name was not as clever and probably not the most family friendly: Shocker Supreme.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I was in it for two years but our team was disqualified for hitting the island, lol!! That is what you get when you have an asian steerer in the front and back, hahaha!!

The Canoe people ALWAYS wins it!! Gee, I wonder why.........

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

I've done the Canoe Races maybe two or three years, I can't remember. But it was seriously the one of the funnest experiences around. It builds friendships with your fellow CMs and you get to do something that doesn't happen when you ride the canoes with other guests: you go FAST.

A highlight is seeing what the team names are. I remember the parade men were "Pink Fuzzy Bunnies" and well... they were all in shape so they beat everyone year after year.

Another clever name was E-OARS (eeyore). Our team name was not as clever and probably not the most family friendly: Shocker Supreme.
    I took part in the canoe races with teams from the Plaza Pavillion/Tahitian Terrace and the NOMK...places where I worked back in the 70's...I did it three or four summers...after that I was mostly on nights and couldn't do waking up at 5AM after leaving the park at 1AM...

But like coheteboy said...it was great, great fun and all the rest. It is cold, even it the summer, to get splashed at 7AM. And that's what our teams did mostly as I recall.

And I do remember one of the teams I was on..."The Pits Of New Orleans"...(the employees cafeteria there was nicknamed "the pit" back then)...what memories.

--Barry

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I was in it for two years but our team was disqualified for hitting the island, lol!! That is what you get when you have an asian steerer in the front and back, hahaha!!
    Not funny.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Closed Account

One year the Conductor CMs had a team called the "Derailoars."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post

The Canoe people ALWAYS wins it!! Gee, I wonder why.........
    What, no Collision Avoidance Alarm ?

• Minion

Not funny.
    It seemed to me that he was making fun of a stereotype rather than re-enforcing it.

• 88 mph

Sounds really fun and something I'd like to do. Do they randomly put you to a team or assign you to an area specific to your profession?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Sounds really fun and something I'd like to do. Do they randomly put you to a team or assign you to an area specific to your profession?
    In my experience groups of co-workers from specific locations usually made up the teams. Or it could be from the same job type...like janitorial (street sweepers and the like)

--Barry

• Kevin's a girl?

I've heard of these races, and I'd want to watch. That would mean that I would have to wake up at 3am to drive up to Anaheim.

Anyways, I wish all the teams luck and to have fun!

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    In my experience groups of co-workers from specific locations usually made up the teams. Or it could be from the same job type...like janitorial (street sweepers and the like)

--Barry
    Since i've just only begun to work out there again, i haven't really had time to make friends with my co-workers. i was kinda worried taht I wouldn't meet enough people that were in the Canoe races before they actually started the Prelims.

-Adidas

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Not funny.
    I am asian by the way.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    You usually sign up on a sign up sheet by your team captain.