Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Re: Why Disneyland deserves a new Electric Parade

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    That new orchestration and variations of the Hoedown in Dreamlights is one of it's strengths.

If they brought Dreamlights to America I bet the crowds would go nuts. It's really that good.
    Yeah the crowds would love it. They wouldn't know any better.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I think it would be great to revive The Main Street Electrical Parade. It was one of a kind - and you are right - it is out of place in DCA.

I say bring it back to Disneyland and update it with some 21st Century technology.

Yup, that's what I say.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Not until Remember...Dreams Come True leaves Disneyland would I want some sort of Electrical Parade Extravaganza back on Main Street.

Why? Crowds. As much as we'd all like all of the cool things to be in Disneyland, we need to allow DCA to become a competitive park. It will never be Disneyland, but it needs to be given at least a chance.

That's why I'm happy the parade is over there right now. DCA is struggling significantly, so having the parade over there helps quite a bit.

Once the Wonderful World of Color show comes in, then there will be some real balance in-between the parks at night.

Fantasmic! is going to need an upgrade.

Hmm...3 shows at Disneyland in the evening all running around the same time? Yikes! It would be absolute mayhem at this stage in the game from what I can see. Glorious, yes, but with the crowds that haven't left since the 50th started....I don't know. It all sounds like a very dangerous fire hazard.

But if Disneyland's fireworks show changes so that you DON'T have to be so close to the castle to enjoy it, then I'd imagine it would be all right.

But then, I love the Remember fireworks...they're the best I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I guess the intimacy factor is the greatest feat and also greatest downfall (in terms of guest control).

Anyhow, what I'm saying is, something's gotta give before Disneyland can have another light parade.

• Multi-decade CM

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Hmm...3 shows at Disneyland in the evening all running around the same time? Yikes! It would be absolute mayhem at this stage in the game from what I can see. Glorious, yes, but with the crowds that haven't left since the 50th started....I don't know. It all sounds like a very dangerous fire hazard.
    Actually, it was like that for a very long time. Both Fantasmic and EP ran at the same time so everyone wouldn't attempt to crowd into a single show. Then there was the Great Migration to the castle so people can see the fireworks after both shows ended. It was always fun to watch people pour into Main Street when where were already tens of thousands of people there who would not move! Hahahaha!

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - We're the Democrat Party. We know what's best for you.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - http://www.dwad.net

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    Actually, it was like that for a very long time. Both Fantasmic and EP ran at the same time so everyone wouldn't attempt to crowd into a single show. Then there was the Great Migration to the castle so people can see the fireworks after both shows ended. It was always fun to watch people pour into Main Street when where were already tens of thousands of people there who would not move! Hahahaha!

Lighthope

I don't think you got the full meaning of my post. I'm saying that with today's crowds, it wouldn't be a safe or smart idea.

I know what you're saying pineapplewhip - definitely more interest in present years than past = much bigger crowds.
    And LightHope, don't forget - at the same time EP and Fan were running together with FITS, so was Beauty & The Beast/Pocahontas/Hunchback! UGH, the good ole days. So many choices for nighttime audiences.

man the second i saw the clips from Tokyo I thought Disneyland deserved to have that parade, even went so far as to wonder if they might be tryin it out over there first to test the waters and see what kind of response it generated before installing it here, so as to avoid another light magic type fiasco. i agree w/the comments about keeping BH the underlying theme in the same vain(sp?) as the original, but mainly i wanna hear that original intro again. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents.....i still get goosebumps when i hear that intro.

Jose

Flailing man sponge

• Shubisha

Dreamlights has been at Tokyo since 2001. It's not testing the waters in any way.

• Hooterville, USA

Don't know why they felt the need to get rid of MSEP to begin with.

Guess it was one of those changes for the sake of change.

They set the bar high with MSEP and have paid for it since.

Bring back MSEP and all is forgiven.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

^^oiy pardon my ignorance then, i knew that they had their version of MSEP back then, but when the video showed up several weeks ago on one of these threads with the monsters inc float et al, i got the mistaken impression that these were new floats and a renovation of the old parade. dang i'm such an IDIOT!!! hehe, oh well.

Jose

Derriere Extraordinaire

• Minion

disneyland does need some new kind of night time parade but It would probably interfere with fantasmic and the light parade at dca, but they need to think of something

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseketool View Post
    ^^oiy pardon my ignorance then, i knew that they had their version of MSEP back then, but when the video showed up several weeks ago on one of these threads with the monsters inc float et al, i got the mistaken impression that these were new floats and a renovation of the old parade. dang i'm such an IDIOT!!! hehe, oh well.

Jose

Derriere Extraordinaire

not at all. these were new floats for their old parade, but by old parade it's the 2001 parade aforementioned and they simply decided to add a few new floats and rearrange some. they did have the old electrical parade but it ended in 1995 and was replaced by fantillusion. then this current parade, dreamlights, replaced fantillusion in 2001.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post

Lighthope

That Idea could be easily duplicated if MSEP came back.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Yo!

Tokyo also has a brilliantly done Christmas version of the Dreamlights parade. Not too much is different as far as the actual floats go (just some extra Christmas decorations), but the soundtrack is outstanding!

Joe's site has coverage of it if you're interested:

http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/spe...6/spex06d.html

(FYI, this is before the new floats were added this year, so the floats featured are slightly different. It's essentially the same, though. I actually liked the old version better.)

Also, as much as I'd like to see it back, I don't think a nighttime parade would work with today's crowds (much like other people have already pointed out). It's just way too crowded with Remember and Fantasmic to attempt another major nighttime show. I kinda like it now how the entertainment is more spread out throughout the resort.

On the other hand, if they were to come up with a new nighttime parade for DCA then I'd say be my guest!!
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Multi-decade CM

What is with everybody and this fear of large crowds? During the final season of MSEP, the park was regularly having attendance around the 70K mark and we did just fine managing the crowds.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "You can never win if you're too busy counting the reasons why you'll lose." - Buzz Lightyear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast