Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• is too darn hot.

Re: Why Disneyland deserves a new Electric Parade

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    Actually, it was like that for a very long time. Both Fantasmic and EP ran at the same time so everyone wouldn't attempt to crowd into a single show. Then there was the Great Migration to the castle so people can see the fireworks after both shows ended. It was always fun to watch people pour into Main Street when where were already tens of thousands of people there who would not move! Hahahaha!
    The problem with doing simultaneous shows at DCA is the fact that the parade route goes right by the lagoon.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    What is with everybody and this fear of large crowds? During the final season of MSEP, the park was regularly having attendance around the 70K mark and we did just fine managing the crowds.
    I was going to say the same thing...even back in my time, we averaged crowds of 50-60K per night during the summers, which was the basic period when the parade ran. And there were always two performances per night - 9PM and either 11pm or 11:30pm.

--Barry

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I was going to say the same thing...even back in my time, we averaged crowds of 50-60K per night during the summers, which was the basic period when the parade ran. And there were always two performances per night - 9PM and either 11pm or 11:30pm.

--Barry
    I find it difficult to fathom the number of people at Disneyland on busy days like that. Good grief. It's such a tiny place in which to shove so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

--Barry
    Wow! I never would have guessed, the parks feel so much more crowded now. I would love to see MSEP brought back to DL, if they could logistically make it happen. Would like to keep the old floats though, with some modest updates and TLC added of course. I prefer it to be sort of timeless with only classic Disney movies represented. Just my opinion. If they did decide to bring it back to DL though, they would need to replace it at DCA with something new and great. Can you imagine DL with Remember, Fantasmic, and MSEP, and DCA with well, nothing? I never could understand why they never devised a great show at DCA with all they have to work with, the water, etc...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TooFarAway View Post
    Can you imagine DL with Remember, Fantasmic, and MSEP, and DCA with well, nothing?
    Well, then it was "Fantasy In The Sky" or whatever and not "Remember" (admittedly a bigger and better show), but aside from that many of just can't just imagine it, we lived it prior to DCA's existence.

--Barry

ps...to make it a bit more accurate, during my time as a CM (70's-80's) daily summer attendance at DL ranged from the 40k's-50k's...peaking at about 60K on the busiest days.

• Yo!

I don't think it'd be a good idea for the current version in DCA to reappear in DL. It was blasphemy to some people enough just to have it in DCA, but to bring it back to DL? I think that'd anger a much larger group of people (read: those who thought it was truly glowing away forever).

If they bring any sort of nighttime electrical parade back to DL, it should be brand spankin' new. I don't mind if it's a Dreamlights edition of the parade (in fact, I'd prefer that), but please don't bring back the exact same parade.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Golden Dreamer!

DCA EP gets me sad. I remember the old MSEP! Bring it back to Main Street!

• Long Distance Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by TooFarAway View Post
    Wow! I never would have guessed, the parks feel so much more crowded now.
    I think there's a reason for that perception, and I can't remember if it was Kevin or Al who brought it up a while ago. Part of the reason for the parks to feel crowded more now than they were then was because there were actually more attractions to go to that actually had people going to them. I hope that makes sense.

It wasn't just a matter of which parade you went to, it was also if you wanted to go on the attractions while the first parade went (it cut down on line times), and catch the next session of the parade later. Back in those days, you had the subs, you had America Sings (if I remember my dates correctly), you even had America The Beautiful. You had more interesting sights to see from the railroad (now only a few of those scenes are left), there was just more to do to keep you occupied so you didn't see all of the crowding you do today.

The people at Disney will need to step up to the plate and start getting some attractions in the park that will help the crowds to disperse a little off of the streets. Plus with 2 shows per night rather than 1, it would not become as much of a safety issue as it would be now.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by cindersgirl View Post
    I think there's a reason for that perception, and I can't remember if it was Kevin or Al who brought it up a while ago. Part of the reason for the parks to feel crowded more now than they were then was because there were actually more attractions to go to that actually had people going to them. I hope that makes sense.

It wasn't just a matter of which parade you went to, it was also if you wanted to go on the attractions while the first parade went (it cut down on line times), and catch the next session of the parade later. Back in those days, you had the subs, you had America Sings (if I remember my dates correctly), you even had America The Beautiful. You had more interesting sights to see from the railroad (now only a few of those scenes are left), there was just more to do to keep you occupied so you didn't see all of the crowding you do today.

The people at Disney will need to step up to the plate and start getting some attractions in the park that will help the crowds to disperse a little off of the streets. Plus with 2 shows per night rather than 1, it would not become as much of a safety issue as it would be now.
    You also had the PeopleSucker, which had a truly staggering capacity. It never seemed to have a line because it just ate people like no other.

I think DL needs to get a MODERN version of the MSEP with floats simmilar to those of the TDL Dream Lights parade

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• Multi-decade CM

I'd be willing to let DCA keep the 80's EP that they have now so people can see what the EP used to look like. Then give Disneyland a new, neon EP like Tokyo has. Two EPs, two different parks. Wouldn't that be excellent?!

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Christmas time - Jesus is the reason for the season.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - http://www.dwad.net

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    You also had the PeopleSucker, which had a truly staggering capacity. It never seemed to have a line because it just ate people like no other.
    Great point! By PeopleSucker, I'm assuming you mean the Adventures Through Inner Space?

Did you know that Hewlett Packard has been for years researching the possiblity of using molecules as biocircuits, as in controlling them like a computer does electrical circuits? It would allow programmed molecules to be injected into a body for either non-invasive disease detection or, possibly, disease removal.

Now there's a new reason for a new Adventures Through Inner Space! (But that's for a different thread. )

Interesting idea (from anther post) to having the old one remain at DCA and a new one at DL. I still say it has to have the Baroque Hoedown on it, though, otherwise it's not the MSEP.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Why Disneyland deserves a new Electric Parade

Great point! By PeopleSucker, I'm assuming you mean the Adventures Through Inner Space?

naughty naughty cindersgirl...
    I think that he meant the 'PeopleEater' WedWay PeopleMover... and you know it!

Did you know that Hewlett Packard has been for years researching the possiblity of using molecules as biocircuits, as in controlling them like a computer does electrical circuits? It would allow programmed molecules to be injected into a body for either non-invasive disease detection or, possibly, disease removal.

Yikes: it's Adventure Through Inner Space meets Body Wars!

Now there's a new reason for a new Adventures Through Inner Space! (But that's for a different thread. )

You are all correct; Ride Capacity in Tomorrowland is way down compared to what it used to be in the late 70's / early 80's

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    I think that he meant the 'PeopleEater' WedWay PeopleMover... and you know it!
    Actually...I didn't. I just remember how the line of omnimovers on Adventures Through Inner Space seemed endless as you were watching it from the line.

I do see how the People Eater (aka People Mover), though, was also another great resource to have in the park. I really miss that one.
    Last edited by cindersgirl; 05-31-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: clarrification

• is too darn hot.

Actually...I didn't. I just remember how the line of omnimovers on Adventures Through Inner Space seemed endless as you were watching it from the line.

I do see how the People Eater (aka People Mover), though, was also another great resource to have in the park. I really miss that one.
    I don't believe I ever rode ATIS, or if I did I was tiny. However, the PeopleMover I remember vividly. All the trains always seemed full, yet there was never a line. I think someone posted once it had a capacity of nearly 5,000/hour. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but a continuously moving attraction like that could reduce the crowds and traffic jams. That and getting rid of the bloody Astro Orbitor.

My former CM friend had two nicknames for the PeopleMover: The PeopleMaker and the PeopleRemover. The latter was because of the two deaths that occurred on the ride, the former I think you can guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123