View Poll Results: 3rd Gate & Waterpark Part of DLR's Possible Expansion Plans ~ What Excites You Most?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Third Theme Park - Possibly based on "Best Of" EPCOT and/or DisneySea

61 62.89%
  • High-End Theme Park - Possibly a Niche Park like Sea World, Orlando's Discovery Cove

12 12.37%
  • Waterpark - Comparable To WDW's Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, or SWO's Aquatica

22 22.68%
  • Continued Expansion of Attractions @ Existing Parks - Disneyland and DCA

46 47.42%
  • 6-Acre Lake (one of Eisner's dreams)

3 3.09%
  • New Shopping/Dining/Entertainment District like Downtown Disney

5 5.15%
  • High-End Boutique Hotels - Expansion of Existing Hotels

4 4.12%
  • Time-Share Vacation Units

5 5.15%
  • Several West Coast Disney Cruise Line Ships - Various Destinations

12 12.37%
  • Other

5 5.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

3rd Gate & Waterpark Part of DLR's Possible Expansion Plans ~ What excites you most?

It's not cogent to the naked eye. Even so, the Disneyland Resort is gradually growing in terms of it's land mass - growing humongous, nevertheless. We're talking growth to the tune of 460 acres. Down Harbor Blvd. lies a chunk of this land - an 88-acre plot that Disney has loudly hinted will be the site of theme park three.

Disney definitely has BIG plans to make DLR as comperable to Walt Disney World as possible. WDW generates 80% of the company's investment profits. This is for a large part due to it being an international tourist destination, not heavily dependent on locals and/or AP's. One can see why the company is committed to upgrade the Disneyland Resort on a grand scale.

On the proposed 88-acre third theme park site, Disney will, in all likelyhood, also build a high-end boutique hotel and an emense new parking structure. As indicated before. DLR has plenty of other land that the general public doesn't know anything about - and it will continue to purchase more. By the time that it's over (and according to rumor), Disney will have amassed the land to also build a waterpark (possibly a 6-acre lake like Eisner had wanted), a second shopping district, and perhaps additional boutique hotels. The resort will also expand it's existing hotels.

Prior to building theme park three, Disney still plans to further expand the attractions at both DCA and Disneyland. The company also intends to create time share vaction units - hence the emphases it is placing on hotel expansion. It will also add more births to it's new Disney Cruise Line ships on the West Coast.

In spite of all that is going on, I feel that Disney is compelled to announce it's plans to build a third theme park at some point this year. To myself, the most exciting elements of the
    West Coast expansion possibilities are the third gate, the water park, and Disney cruise ships that travel South of the U.S. (perhaps as far as South America), and North as far as Alaska. No telling where else they will "set sai for adventure."

A poll will soon be up. In the meantime, please feel free to dicuss your thoughts and opinions.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-31-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: 3rd Gate & Waterpark Part of DLR's Possible Expansion Plans ~ What excites you m

As much as I love new things (including DCA), I worry that Disney will overstretch itself. They already have casting issues now. If they significantly grow, the problem will become greater, and if you look at the impct of the casting issue and the quality decrease at WDW, it is not pretty. So I'll patiently wait to see what happens.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Merry 2014!

Re: 3rd Gate & Waterpark Part of DLR's Possible Expansion Plans ~ What excites you m

I am most excited they will continually upgrade/refurb DL attractions to make it an even better park!

Next would be the bulldozing of DCA! gimme back my parking lot! j/k . . . harsh

Ohhhhhh . . . . that wasn't what you asked! Silly me!

In that case, Cruising would be my first choice followed by the waterpark. Seriously though, Disney needs to upgrade DCA before committing to another theme park so they can make it to ,what used to be, Disney's high standards.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    As much as I love new things (including DCA), I worry that Disney will overstretch itself. They already have casting issues now. If they significantly grow, the problem will become greater, and if you look at the impct of the casting issue and the quality decrease at WDW, it is not pretty. So I'll patiently wait to see what happens.
    They have casting problems. Best way to fix that would be a pay increase and to relax a bit on their standards. The new people are held to such high standards that they can and do crack under the pressure. But even then you would still have problems. A lot of people just don't like working that closely with people.

Yes, the standard has gone down. But once you can get more people to come in and apply for a job there, they can slowly start being picky again.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Agreed that salaries would need to increase for it to be sustainable, but the track record over the last 20 years is not good. Back in the first 2 - 3 decades, Disney paid more than a number of low level service jobs, now that In and Out even pays more, well, it's not surprising standards have slipped.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Very good point. If Disney desires to expand successfully to it's full potential, thje company had best get back to basics where CM's are concerned. Treat them like people - not employee badge numbers. Higher plenty of them. Pay them decently - including good benefits (health, retirement, sick leave, etc.). Above all, assist each of them with an affordable place to live!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    I am most excited they will continually upgrade/refurb DL attractions to make it an even better park!

Next would be the bulldozing of DCA! gimme back my parking lot! j/k . . . harsh

Ohhhhhh . . . . that wasn't what you asked! Silly me!

In that case, Cruising would be my first choice followed by the waterpark. Seriously though, Disney needs to upgrade DCA before committing to another theme park so they can make it to ,what used to be, Disney's high standards.
    As excited as I am about the possibilities of theme park three and a waterpark, I'm just about as buzzed over the continued building of new attractions at the two existing gates. Plus, improvement of DL and, in particular, DCA should be priority one if the resort is to succeed as a popular and profitable international destination.

"bulldoxe DCA"

• Banned User

I just went to Disney Sea, so when I saw Disney Sea in the poll I checked it and didn't read any of the other options.

Not that the vote means anything but still, I don't want to have to endure anymore 11 hour flights to visit TDS!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    They have casting problems. Best way to fix that would be a pay increase and to relax a bit on their standards. The new people are held to such high standards that they can and do crack under the pressure. But even then you would still have problems. A lot of people just don't like working that closely with people.

Yes, the standard has gone down. But once you can get more people to come in and apply for a job there, they can slowly start being picky again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I just went to Disney Sea, so when I saw Disney Sea in the poll I checked it and didn't read any of the other options.

Not that the vote means anything but still, I don't want to have to endure anymore 11 hour flights to visit TDS!
    Now that's what I call a pragmatic decision, Spokker.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Now that's what I call a pragmatic decision, Spokker.
    What's a cast member???

• Minion

I have a feeling that if DisneySea were recreated here, it would not be nearly as good as the one in Tokyo. I just don't see the Walt Disney Company spending over $3.3 billion to create another Disney park. Plus, Tokyo DisneySea is roughly twice the size of Disneyland. Where would they possibly have enough space to fit that in, not to mention Tokyo DisneySea benefits from being adjacent to Tokyo Bay. It provides for some great views and adds to the realism of the ports, especially American Waterfront.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Plus, Tokyo DisneySea is roughly twice the size of Disneyland. Where would they possibly have enough space to fit that in, not to mention Tokyo DisneySea benefits from being adjacent to Tokyo Bay. It provides for some great views and adds to the realism of the ports, especially American Waterfront.
    Yeah, they should've built the thing in Long Beach.

• Iron-Clad Allie

What's a cast member???
    I think that a cast member is a Disney employee that's supposed to be a member of the team, but have consequently been cast into the social/economic abyss due to the fact that they lack the connections to secure a cushy office job. What do you think?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-29-2007 at 01:04 AM.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Whatever it turns out to be, as long as it has a loop, or they add one later, I'll be happy.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I have a feeling that if DisneySea were recreated here, it would not be nearly as good as the one in Tokyo. I just don't see the Walt Disney Company spending over $3.3 billion to create another Disney park. Plus, Tokyo DisneySea is roughly twice the size of Disneyland. Where would they possibly have enough space to fit that in, not to mention Tokyo DisneySea benefits from being adjacent to Tokyo Bay. It provides for some great views and adds to the realism of the ports, especially American Waterfront.
    Hay.. I'm not particular. Just give me one that's half as cool, and I'll be happy.

I would love a Thrid Theme Park; Sooner Rather than Later would be better. Now; question, this 80 acres of Land; This land is not the land the Disney is in Dispute with the City ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast