Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

big fat Golden egg.

Ok, so I was reading the "light bulbs" post a minute ago and it mentioned that "has Golden Zephyr EVER had all the lights working at once?" and it got me to thinking about the Zephyr. between needing to move it for the new water show, the fact that it goes 101 whenever theres the slightest bit of wind, and the fact that it's hard to do upkeep on, is it time to just let the Zephyr go?

What are everyones thoughts on this, I know I read somewhere else a good argument for the fact that with the Paradise Pier makeover, it will be the only ride that fits the new time period/theme.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: big fat Golden egg.

I don't see why not. It is not "Disney themed" and so it's a ride I can find at almost any amuzment park and seaside carnival pier. Away with it.

• DCA lover

I think it needs to stay, if only because it looks like flying (I don't know if I can use the 'd-word' term for, ahem, "meat substitutes" on here)

The Golden Zephyr does not help D.C.A., and the attraction is not germane to the presentation.

The amusement zone is only incidental. The ocean is the reason Paradise Pier exists, and rocket ship imagery just does not support the show as well as something more aquatic and uniquely Californian would.

I hope that Mulholland Madness, Burger Invasion, and the Orange Stinger leave as quickly as possible. The Golden Zephyr can join them.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I hope that Mulholland Madness, Burger Invasion, and the Orange Stinger leave as quickly as possible. The Golden Zephyr can join them.

Hear Hear!
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Disney Starved in AZ

KEEP Mulholland and the dinosaur (but for the love of god, fix the neon!), ditch everything else in the area up to the sun wheel! Ditch the Whoopie show too - I feel another dark ride coming in the same show building!

But honestly, we need to talk additions to make the park worth the money! Not taking rides out! There is alot of wasted space as it is! If we take stuff out, we need to be prepared with replacements asap!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Sell it to a carnival. For one thing, that'll be the prettiest ride that carnival ever had, but one of the least thrilling. And knowing how carnivals operate, I'd guess a hurricane wouldn't set off the wind sensors there.

Chad

• Minion FOREVER!

The Golden Zephyr does not help D.C.A., and the attraction is not germane to the presentation.

The amusement zone is only incidental. The ocean is the reason Paradise Pier exists, and rocket ship imagery just does not support the show as well as something more aquatic and uniquely Californian would.

Completely agreed... there's nothing unique or even really "disney" about them...

• Senior Minion

The Golden Zephyr does need to go, but not Orange Stinger! I really enjoy Orange Stinger. As for Mulholland Madness, I personally don't care for that ride either ... it just jerks you around in the most uncomfortable way.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I don't see why not. It is not "Disney themed" and so it's a ride I can find at almost any amuzment park and seaside carnival pier. Away with it.
    Not everything has to be "Disney themed." Do you mean pertaining to a movie or other existing Disney property? The Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Mark Twain, Columbia and many others aren't "Disney themed."
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    The Golden Zephyr does need to go, but not Orange Stinger! I really enjoy Orange Stinger. As for Mulholland Madness, I personally don't care for that ride either ... it just jerks you around in the most uncomfortable way.
    I dont really care for Golden Zephyr, and Ive never been on Orange Stinger but I love love love Mulholland Madness. I may be alone in that, but oh well. It gives you the feeling of the crazy driving that southern california is stereotypically known for.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I dont really care for Golden Zephyr, and Ive never been on Orange Stinger but I love love love Mulholland Madness. I may be alone in that, but oh well. It gives you the feeling of the crazy driving that southern california is stereotypically known for.
    I love Mullholland Madness, too. That's just because I adore Wild Mouse coasters.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Disneymom

Goofy Daddy. My huby is a big fan of the original Star Trek and loves your picture. He has always joked about the guy in the red shirt being expendable.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I love Mullholland Madness, too. That's just because I adore Wild Mouse coasters.
    Wild mouse coasters belong in county fairs and the kiddie sections of Six Flags parks. Not in a Disney theme park.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I'm not really here

On the one hand, it is an enjoyable ride and will fit the new theme for Paradise Pier. Nicely. I have seen many kids enjoy that ride when some of the others in the area are definitely NOT for children. It should be a bit longer to maximize the enjoyment, but it is good.

I can see the arguments to remove it just as easily though. Upkeep can be a pain, wind shuts it down easily. Not a huge crowd draw, etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast