• Banned User

Quick observations of trip 5/30

Was called by some out of time friends at the last minute and asked if I wanted to join them for a trip to Disneyland with their two kids (6, 10). I said sure, why not.

Got there around 11am. Big line to get into the parking structure but didn’t take much time. Who ever was in charge had a fine working machine that day (I rarely get to the park early to see what it is like, I go late afternoons after work, so this was interesting to see).

Park was crowded but manageable. But I got pissed the first 3 minutes there when I tried to go to the bathroom and the entrance was blocked by some little girl doing a dance while her father rattled away in Spanish to her. Can he not see this 6’3”, 300lb man about to fall on his kid (literally) because she won’t get out of the way of the small entrance to the men’s restroom? People just check their brains at the gate!

Ate at the Blue Bayou for the first time (37 years, hundreds of trips to the Land, never ate there). I was not to keen on spending $28 on lunch but that is where my friends wanted to eat. I ordered the Jambalya. It was ok. I liked really liked the Gumbo that came with it. I felt a little crammed into the restaurant but I give the wait staff and A+. They zipped in and out and my water glass was never empty.

Went on a lot of rides that I have not been on in a long time. First time on Pooh. What kind of acid trip was that? Waited at the entrance to the Pooh candy store as my friends got their sugar rush. While waiting, hear three people walk past me say “Wow, that ride was really weird!”

Was it a redhead convention at Disneyland yesterday? Never seen so many of the rare color people.

Again, people check their brains at the gate. Waiting in the lobby of the Haunted Mansion, a 20 something girl liberally is dropping the ‘F’ bomb to her friends about something in a loud voice. Kids all around. I admit, I have a potty mouth. But I know when and where. Maybe because I don’t have kids, and this was an unusual trip for me because I was with 2 little kids…..but I noticed loud, foul mouth people chatting it up where ever and in front of who ever they wanted. Again, I can swear with the best of them, but not in front of families like that.

One the way out, had a corn dog. I love those corn dogs. Was working off a hang over and the greasy goodness was nice.

I think the backpack has come to replace the electric wheelchair as the demon of Disneyland. People forget they have these monsters on their back and spin and turn and nail everything around them (including people in my own party. I can’t tell you how many times my friend’s wife hit me with the stupid thing on her back in line).

RRCTS broke down when we were about 10 feet from boarding. That was a waste of a half hour. CM announces that if you don’t want to wait for the ride to be fixed, turn around and exit the queue the way you came. Of course a huge horde of people charge forward to exit.

Over all, a good day. Some people should not be allowed in Disneyland (brain checkers).

• That Guy

Re: Quick observations of trip 5/30

Funny observations, looks like you have a great sense of humor, and dealt with it well.

• 88 mph

Took me awhile to decipher RRCTS. Then I felt stupid and realized what it meant. =D

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Took me awhile to decipher RRCTS. Then I felt stupid and realized what it meant. =D
    me too!

anyways, those are some interesting observations and you handled them well.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

I loved this quote: "Some people should not be allowed in Disneyland (brain checkers)." That was great

• I'm not really here

I know just how you feel about the brain checkers and potty mouths. Maybe after YOAMD, the Dream Squad can patrol and smack people like that.

Love the Gumbo at Blue Bayou too and the wait staff there are always amazing. Must agree with the price though... bit steep.

Great report though and great sense of humor!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Defying gravity

Maybe there really are red head conventions. Once I was in DL and they seemed to be everywhere!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by SifuJustin View Post

Was it a redhead convention at Disneyland yesterday? Never seen so many of the rare color people.

so the gingers were taking over Disneyland

Question Re: Quick observations of trip 5/30

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post

Ok.... umm.... what does it mean??
    Janette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    Ok.... umm.... what does it mean??
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin

This redhead was at Disneyland today!!

• Beer is good beer.

Thumbs up Re: Quick observations of trip 5/30

Sounds like a fun day in spite of the "brain checkers"! Thanks for sharing!
    M A S E C A !

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by SifuJustin View Post
    Again, people check their brains at the gate. Waiting in the lobby of the Haunted Mansion, a 20 something girl liberally is dropping the ‘F’ bomb to her friends about something in a loud voice. Kids all around. I admit, I have a potty mouth. But I know when and where. Maybe because I don’t have kids, and this was an unusual trip for me because I was with 2 little kids…..but I noticed loud, foul mouth people chatting it up where ever and in front of who ever they wanted. Again, I can swear with the best of them, but not in front of families like that.

yeaaaah...my friend does that all the time...I feel I'm constantly reminding her of the "little ears" that surround her!