• Incognito

Blog Entries

AP renewal, I have gift cards, can I only renew using them at the park?

I have gift cards given to me at Christmas specifically to be used for when I renew my pass. It's time for me to renew, and I'd like to be able to use the cards.

I looked online and it appears I can NOT use them to renew that way (unless someone can point me in the right direction, but it appears only Disney rewards or a credit card can be used that way).

Is my only other option to do so at the main gate? If so that sucks, because then I can't get the online benefits.

I guess if I really wanted to do it online I could just charge my Visa and then use the gift cards for food and such until they run out, but I'd REALLY rather not.

• That Guy

Re: AP renewal, I have gift cards, can I only renew using them at the park?

Or pay for someone's tickets, and then have them give you cash? There has to be other ways to work it. Just watch a Sopranos episode, you'll get lots of ideas.

P.S. you know some cool people to get gifts like that!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I guess if I really wanted to do it online I could just charge my Visa and then use the gift cards for food and such until they run out, but I'd REALLY rather not.
    Did you try calling the resort? They might be able to run your gift cards over the phone. Not sure if they do renewals over the phone though.

• For old time sake

I was going to suggest calling the resort but Mad Hatter beat me to it. It couldn't hurt, right????? I never renewed online when I had my pass......sorry i am of very little help here my friend.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I always renew online, but not with giftcards. I do think you have to call (if you can find a live person...I believe it's leave a message and we'll call you back...atleast for AP's....you can find a "live" person for general questions.

Because it's just me, renewal online is easy...however, I have heard if you have multiple people in your family and you try to renew, it's a pain.
    Every person has to have an e-mail address and log in name.
    Once you pay, the system knows you have paid and won't give you the choice to pay for others and w/ that you can now only by G.C. A.P. Passes.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I was at an event last night in Anaheim and decided to just renew my AP since I was maybe 2 blocks from Dland.

I got to the ticket booth and explained how I needed to renew but couldn't do it online because I have gift cards to use, and she ended up giving me the discount I would have gotten online anyway! So that was an added bonus!

Not sure if that's normal for them to do or if I just got a nice CM, but in any event it saved me $20.