Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• The Magics in the details

wow! I had no idea you guys would go postal over the speed ramp. Obviously it was more trouble than it was worth, so they took it out. The steps are nice, and it will definitely eliminate the old bottleneck that used to result from everyone getting on that narrow speed ramp all at once. Lets focus on the new rockets with that amazing new sound system (I think it's Cirwin Vega)!
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman
    Stairs in the future!! I liked the ramp. It made for a nice ending of not having to walk. Isn't that what the future is all about, more convience. Bring the Ramp back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    Yes! Bring it back...no one wants to walk up stairs after riding a futuristic ride like space mountain. The ramp had the cool furturistic Jetsons effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    NO SPEED RAMP? Well, I am thankful for SM finally being up, but the ramp was part of the ride. It was a blast going on that at the end. Here is another example of Disney cheap! If there is a place to cut costs and raise prices, Disney never misses!
    So, an excellent ride means nothing to you if you have to walk? Sad, very sad. You guys need to just calm down and enjoy the ride when you can. And don't get all pissy when you have to walk those stairs, or I'll know.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    So, an excellent ride means nothing to you if you have to walk? Sad, very sad. You guys need to just calm down and enjoy the ride when you can. And don't get all pissy when you have to walk those stairs, or I'll know.

I'm not getting all pissy over having to walk up stairs. One thing that seperates DL from other Theme Parks is the attention to detail! What makes SM exciting is the Theming! If you took out the music, special FX, etc. what would be left would be a ho-hum roller coaster. Attention to detail IS important. The exit is STILL part of the "Ride," or experience. I don't enjoy dumbing down an attraction just because of some knotheads. It was really cool going up a ramp, as a kid, it was the only time I think I ever went up a ramp and slowly being "transported back into Tomorrowland, only to ride it again!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    ok, i'm staying out of the ramp mess. it was cool- i liked the one at the entrance, it was nice to have a break at the end, but i'll leave it at that.

anyway...AP2CM...thanks so much for that report!! you have a great memory! thanks for all of the details!
    <o>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    anyway...AP2CM...thanks so much for that report!! you have a great memory! thanks for all of the details!
    Yes, I agree, Thank you for that report too!! It took me back to when I was but a lad when it first opened.
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• The one, the only...

JUST REMEMBER! If there is a speed ramp you can get back on the ride faster!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    JUST REMEMBER! If there is a speed ramp you can get back on the ride faster!
    haha, actually.. not really. The "speed" ramps are never to fast.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by mongstrol
    To all the ramp lovers: At least you still have the ramp at the end of the Haunted Mansion...
    Interesting that you should bring that up. The situation for the HM ramp seems to be exactly the same as for the SM ramp. Yet the HM ramp was almost always working. Did they do something really revolutionary at the HM, like oh I don't know, locate the key closer to the ramp where it could be accessed easily?

• The one, the only...

Just one note. When I went to WDW for the first time. I noticed that their speed ramps were down. They made you walk. Now I don't know if they had the same problem with kids as DL had, but the though I had was, how cheap. They are trying to save money making us walk down the ramp. I thought it was either poor maintenance or just saving electricity. I think it would be the same thought if I was at the airport and found their speed ramps off and they made you walk. It gives a bad impression.

But I am going to be optimistic. I will enjoy looking at the extra paint they put in the hallway when I go out. I will remember that since it will take me longer to get out, I won't be using that time to buy any extra souvenirs with that time! I will be saving money!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    there is no way this will take you longer to get out. It took longer trying to walk down a turned-off slow-ramp behind kids falling, stopping for god-knows-what reason, etc. No more of that now, no more having to stop traffic to turn the ramp on, no more wasting money paying a CM to run a freaking ramp when they can't even keep the restaurants fully staffed, no more having to deal out settlements to people who trip on the slowramp or stupid kids getting their fingers pinched in the ramp mechanisms. Very over-rated if you ask me. A moving walkway is not futuristic to me--that is the present, available mostly in an over-weight America. The hopefully slimmer America of the future will have stairs. And yes, it most certainly cost more to put a stairs in. If you replace the ramp with a new one, you pay for the ramp. They had to rip out the ramp, then dig out the entire tunnel since it would not line up with the new one (think of it--a slowly sloping ramp versus a tunnel that has a flat section, a stairs, and another flat section. They had to rip out an exit tunnel and build a new one, which cost a lot of money.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

There is a rather large, but somewhat vague projection of the red planet that space mountain now takes place in orbit of near the top, as well as a totally new meteor triangle that doesn't look like the chocolate chip cookie but moves around exactly the same. Constant shooting stars streak the ceiling too. I'm a really big dick dale fan, and I was a HUGE fan of the old dick dale soundtrack. But the other day I went on it again, and I decided to go 7 times in a row. The new soundtrack is really, really amazing, and absolutely great. The build-up is most triumphant, and even the song itself seems to be, while the same recording on the cd, a much "fuller" sound, with added instruments or a different mix.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

We're getting a re-vamped e-ticket and all anyone can complain about is the ramp? It may have been good show, but from a business perspective (yes Disney still is a business looking at the bottom line) it just wasn't feasible anymore. I will miss the ramp myself. After the rides over though, I'm not going to be paying attention to a ramp that's not there.

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I THINK Y'ALL jsut came up with teh solution as to what to do to beef up Tomorrow Land BIG TIME:

RIP OUT EVERYTHING in INNOVENTIONS and install a SPEED RAMP RIDE!!!

Honestly, this thread is absolutely hillarious!

BUt, I do have a ramp question....what about getting INTO, or UP to Space Mountain? Is there a ramp at the entrance?

Oooh oooh, NO I got one better than that.....

Make the old PEOPLE MOVER / ROCKET RODS track a gigantic speed ramp!!!!!

Now THAT'S what I call a people mover.

My God, picture it!!! HUndreds and hundreds of people standing in line but the entire line goes around the length of the people mover track on a huge speed ramp!!!!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around
    Oooh oooh, NO I got one better than that.....

Make the old PEOPLE MOVER / ROCKET RODS track a gigantic speed ramp!!!!!

Now THAT'S what I call a people mover.

My God, picture it!!! HUndreds and hundreds of people standing in line but the entire line goes around the length of the people mover track on a huge speed ramp!!!!
    Hey, at least you wouldn't have to worry about banking the curves!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast