Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    there is no ramp at the entrance, though there used to be...years ago.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I wouldn't call this Disney being cheap.
    Then what would you call Tomorrowland '98 when this space mountain re-do was SUPPOSED to happen, instead only getting a stero system that 9 times out of 10 didnt work?

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy
    We're getting a re-vamped e-ticket and all anyone can complain about is the ramp? It may have been good show, but from a business perspective (yes Disney still is a business looking at the bottom line) it just wasn't feasible anymore. I will miss the ramp myself. After the rides over though, I'm not going to be paying attention to a ramp that's not there.
    If I were the designers of the new SM, I would be honored that the biggest complaint coming out of the mountain concerns 6 steps in the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    If I were the designers of the new SM, I would be honored that the biggest complaint coming out of the mountain concerns 6 steps in the exit.
    Well I'm going to complain about legroom in the front. I'm tall and from what I understand, seats 1 and 4 are still the short ones. I'm only complaining to complain mind you. I much prefer seat 6, left side.

• OM NOM NOM

I have found row 5, left side to be my fave.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by turbo funky
    The build-up is most triumphant, and even the song itself seems to be, while the same recording on the cd, a much "fuller" sound, with added instruments or a different mix.
    This is simply the difference between expensive speakers and speakers that most people have in their homes. From what I hear, the SM speakers have dedicated tweeters (probably subwoofers too) and that can make a huge difference. The extra instruments you hear are probably in the master recording, but unless you have speakers small enough, such as tweeters, you are going to lose a lot of the higher-pitched instruments.

The richer and fuller sound is known as high fidelity or "hi-fi" as it is sometimes known. It usually comes from having separate dedicated speakers such as tweeters, woofers and subwoofers. Speakers make all the difference in the reproduction of sound, if you are listening to something using only a woofer, you are cheating yourself out of a lot of sound that you simply won't hear. I am so glad to hear that SM has gone all out in their sound setup and installed some quality speakers.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by turbo funky
    The new soundtrack is really, really amazing, and absolutely great. The build-up is most triumphant, and even the song itself seems to be, while the same recording on the cd, a much "fuller" sound, with added instruments or a different mix.
    I agree. I noticed some electric guitar undertones that were not present on the CD version.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

[QUOTE=AP2CM]As you board, you go through the same weight and safety check as always.

There is a weight check? If ther I better go on a diet

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

yep. When you pull up to the area right before launch (where you are staring at the tower CMs) your rocket is actually weighed for safety reasons.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Official MC Thread Killer

Are the seats fairly big? I'm going to be traveling with someone who is about 6 ft. and 270 lbs. Do you think she'll be okay? Thanks in advance, everyone! And also, how loud is the music? I had heard it wasn't very loud before and I'm hoping they really cranked it up because I think the louder (on a coaster) the better...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    Are the seats fairly big? I'm going to be traveling with someone who is about 6 ft. and 270 lbs. Do you think she'll be okay? Thanks in advance, everyone! And also, how loud is the music? I had heard it wasn't very loud before and I'm hoping they really cranked it up because I think the louder (on a coaster) the better...
    They turned it up to a reasonable level...
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    yep. When you pull up to the area right before launch (where you are staring at the tower CMs) your rocket is actually weighed for safety reasons.
    Isn't it more for timing purposes? Like, if a rocket is heavier, and thus would come down the mountain faster, then it would be delayed a few extra seconds from launch?

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Isn't it more for timing purposes? Like, if a rocket is heavier, and thus would come down the mountain faster, then it would be delayed a few extra seconds from launch?
    Correct. They have to get the timing perfect to maximize hourly capacity while keeping all of the trains separated by block brakes for safety.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I won't judge the new stairs until I see it for myself.

It's probably better, if the update makes it more disorienting...more movement might just set someone's stomach off. I'm rather queasy myself, so those stairs will probably be a blessing for me.

Thank you for the great description!

This is crazy. The ramp is gone and we can't do anything about it now. Just walk up the steps and keep moving. Get back in line and enjoy the ride. Then get off and complain about the ramp all the way out of the building. When you finish complaining you should already be outside. Now take a look around and remember where you are and why you are here. SMILE!!! Now walk over there and get a churro and a coke.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast