Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

Suspended in the timelessness of inner space

Re: Credit cards/debit cards now accepted at Tiki Juice Bar!

I've always been a huge dole whip fan. Anyone ever try a Banyan beef skewer from the Bengal BBQ? Those were good too.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Indeed! Clearly, a new cash register will completely destroy the themeing of the attraction. Does a new cash register even belong in Adventureland? I say it should only be used in Tomorrowland!!

Walt would not have wanted a new cash register.

It very much so goes with the Adventureland theme.
    After all, standing in line and praying that it will go faster (because they now take plastic) before you faint (because you are dying without your whip) is an adventure.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    The processing of the cards shouldn't take too much longer than cash and technically (I believe) you don't need a signature for purchases under $25.00. That doesn't mean that Disney won't require a signature.
    Cards do take longer, not much but you'd be surprised how much that can add up when you have a constant line. When I was operating car parking structures during college our cashiers could process 10 cash sales while waiting for one card to process. We eventually took the cards out of the cashiers' booths alltogether and set up an ATM style auto cashier for cards to one side of the queues.

Other funny things about automation: A human cashier is MUCH faster than an automated one. A human cashier doing the math in their head for change is MUCH faster than one who has to enter amount, amount tendered and get a register to tell them how much change to give.

My guys and I gave super fast service on our 1980s technology compared to a competitor down the road who had the lastest purpose built registers. Because they had to type all the transaction details in whereas we only had to scan the ticket and hit PAY.

But I digress... I want a Pineapple Whip now for some reason...
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Love Dole Whips

YAY! I hate to carry cash. But boo to the even longer lines.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Cards do take longer, not much but you'd be surprised how much that can add up when you have a constant line. When I was operating car parking structures during college our cashiers could process 10 cash sales while waiting for one card to process. We eventually took the cards out of the cashiers' booths alltogether and set up an ATM style auto cashier for cards to one side of the queues.
    Depends on the CC system in place - some take 10 or more seconds.. some take 3. Some do a modem connect per transaction and take much longer

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Other funny things about automation: A human cashier is MUCH faster than an automated one. A human cashier doing the math in their head for change is MUCH faster than one who has to enter amount, amount tendered and get a register to tell them how much change to give.
    For those that know how to do math.. and are taught to count UP to the tendered amount.. rather then trying to do subtraction. So many kids are clueless at the register. If you give them 2 pennies after they've opened the cash drawer they have no idea what to do with it.. or why you are giving it to them.

If they didn't have the register telling them the change, they'd be stumped.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Depends on the CC system in place - some take 10 or more seconds.. some take 3. Some do a modem connect per transaction and take much longer
    That's just propaganda spread by the credit card companies! The ones we had did no checking except against an in-house blacklist that was updated daily. So they were the fastest kind, still took longer because they had to print a receipt etc.

For those that know how to do math.. and are taught to count UP to the tendered amount.. rather then trying to do subtraction. So many kids are clueless at the register. If you give them 2 pennies after they've opened the cash drawer they have no idea what to do with it.. or why you are giving it to them. If they didn't have the register telling them the change, they'd be stumped.
    Totally true. I can't add or subtract without a piece of paper, but I can give change FAST.

Except maybe in pre-decimal England...
    Two Farthings = One Ha'penny
    Two Ha'penny = One Penny
    Three Pennies = A Thrupenny Bit
    Two Thrupences = A Sixpence
    Two Sixpences = One Shilling, or a Bob
    Two Bob = A Florin
    One Florin and One Sixpence = Half a Crown
    Four Half Crowns = Ten Bob Note
    Two Ten Bob Notes = One Pound (or 240 pennies)
    One Pound and One Shilling = One Guinea

Run that by me again?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

I cant believe it. No one notice anything different at most DCA ODV carts???? :\
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• ap holder

Talking Re: Credit cards/debit cards now accepted at Tiki Juice Bar!

yayy finally seems liek whenever i want one i NEVER have cash on me. ugh this makes my day. thanks for the 411

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234