Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

A Thank You To Backstage CM's

We have threads here that criticize CM's at the Disneyland Resort. We have others that praise them.

Understandably, these deal almost exclusively with the CM's that are seen on-stage.

Well, as an eight-year mostly unseen Disneyland employee, I still have a soft spot in my heart for the maintenance people, the electricians, the plumbers, the wardrobe people, the gardeners and landscapers, the office workers, the telephone people, and yes, those...who like me once...are the dishwashers, pot scrubbers, kitchen cleaners, salad makers, bakers, cooks and chefs who, among many others that I have left out, get the magic ready for you and keep it going all day long.

I have suggested that people go to city hall and fill out a compliment card for the unseen Disneyland cast members.

My hat's off to all of you who continue to do the truly thankless jobs (just as onstage CM's do) but without those moments they sometimes get to restore their faith in "the magic".

And here is your chance to offer your thanks (or criticisms if you wish) here.

--Barry

Re: A Thank You To Backstage CM's

My plastic spork had a spot on it once. Why didn't anyone clean it properly?

• Merry 2014!

Halleluja and Amen! Back stage CM's make magic every day. THANK YOU!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Yes, where would we be without our Monte Cristos? I was also amazed at the backstage CMs that did such an amazing job decorating for the 50th. Truly magical! Thank you for all of your hard work!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• I'm not really here

Any time I walk by a backstage CM putting in a new garbage bag, or trimming a hedge or what have you, I thank them. The problem is seeing them, they are incredibly good and being invisible. But I to really appreciate the hard work that goes on backstage to keep the park running.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    We have threads here that criticize CM's at the Disneyland Resort. We have others that praise them.

Understandably, these deal almost exclusively with the CM's that are seen on-stage.

Well, as an eight-year mostly unseen Disneyland employee, I still have a soft spot in my heart for the maintenance people, the electricians, the plumbers, the wardrobe people, the gardeners and landscapers, the office workers, the telephone people, and yes, those...who like me once...are the dishwashers, pot scrubbers, kitchen cleaners, salad makers, bakers, cooks and chefs who, among many others that I have left out, get the magic ready for you and keep it going all day long.

I have suggested that people go to city hall and fill out a compliment card for the unseen Disneyland cast members.

My hat's off to all of you who continue to do the truly thankless jobs (just as onstage CM's do) but without those moments they sometimes get to restore their faith in "the magic".

And here is your chance to offer your thanks (or criticisms if you wish) here.

--Barry

i was a backstage CM for over 2 years as you know barry.. I worked 3rd shift custodian at DCA.. i loved my job

we were teh ones who cleaned the parks before the guests arrived..

Friends for life

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
    Yes, where would we be without our Monte Cristos? I was also amazed at the backstage CMs that did such an amazing job decorating for the 50th. Truly magical! Thank you for all of your hard work!
    As a former backstage CM (who made plenty of Montes in his day BTW) I'm sure I speak for lots of others past and present in saying thanks for the kudos and comments. Let's keep em coming!

--Barry

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    As a former backstage CM (who made plenty of Montes in his day BTW) I'm sure I speak for lots of others past and present in saying thanks for the kudos and comments. Let's keep em coming!

--Barry

yep here here

Friends for life

• 88 mph

Man do I hate CM's. Just a bunch of lazy folk.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Back state CM are great. They keep the magic going without usually getting any credit or glory. So to all current, former or future back stage CM Thank You.

P.S. Up front CM do a great job also.

• Minion FOREVER!

huh? I thought I posted something on this thread yesterday.... no matter...

I would like to thank the gardeners and landscape crew who continue to do a
    wonderful job!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Man do I hate CM's. Just a bunch of lazy folk.

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

Backstage CM's are also a big part of helping to make the park the magical place that we all love.
    It take a lot of work to keep a place that big clean and to cook that much food and keep up with the gardening and things that go wrong, backstage people fix it and no one knows.

They deserve much credit and kudos for what it is that they do. It's good to let them know that they too are appriciated. I applaud them for doing what it is that they do.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Golden Dreamer!

Yup they are! Thanks to all CMS!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'm sure that for every CM on stage there are at least 10 back stage keeping the operations running. I have one of those jobs too (not with Disney) and it is a thankless job.

Radioberry you can attest to this one. For every 100 perfect meals you sent out you might be lucky to have one compliment come in, but screw up just one single order and you will definately hear about it.

Great appreciation thread Radioberry, and thank you for everything you did back stage to bring the magic to life. And that goes for the army of unseen people, past present and future who work so hard everyday. Thank you for making Disneyland the greatest place!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast