Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TOT placement

TOT placement

i love the ride but i must argue with the place were its at. it looks very out of place and a little miniaturized being on the street and everything. it just does fit into the resort i dont think. feedback please
    pshhh i guess

• Banned User

Re: TOT placement

It was crammed into a failing park as a quick fix. Of course it's going to look out of place.

Everything they have added or are planning to add have nothing to do with the California theme. Eventually the name will have to be changed.

I see the park becoming a canvas or dumping ground for ideas that wouldn't fit into Disneyland. It'll be a park without a core identity, but with some very cool attractions all jumbled together. I think that's the best anyone could hope for short of buldozing the site and starting all over.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Heck, the reason it looks the same as the one under construction at Disney Studios is because that one was pushed back to now and DCA needed something, quickly.

• Really!?

i always thought they did a good job, being that it's in the hollywood backlot
    turning that corner "which always seems dark & shady" and seeing it there, it's very ominous. I think they did a great job placing it

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    i always thought they did a good job, being that it's in the hollywood backlot
    turning that corner "which always seems dark & shady" and seeing it there, it's very ominous. I think they did a great job placing it
    Where else would they put the thing?

• It's all nonsense

My only beef of where the tower is, is that it is in plain view from Town Square on Main Street. There is absolutely nothing even attempting to block the neon signs and such from Main Street. I know I'm knit-picking a bit...but it still bothers me.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Not like anyone can do much about it now.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I like the placement. It is on the 'dark side of Hollywood' like the ride says...
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• I'm not really here

I like where it is to. It fits in the Hollywood theme perfectly, being the Hollywood Tower Hotel and all.

As for being able to see it from Main Street, you can see Space Mountain from Main Street as well as the Monorail when it passes the train station. You can also here the gun shots from Jungle Cruise and see tropical trees over City Hall. You can see the Tiki Room from the Plaza Inn. There are little things that creep up all over the place that they do their best to hide, but really can't do too much with out being really obvious. ToT is a 13 story building, kinda hard to hide it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    As for being able to see it from Main Street, you can see Space Mountain from Main Street as well as the Monorail when it passes the train station. You can also here the gun shots from Jungle Cruise and see tropical trees over City Hall. You can see the Tiki Room from the Plaza Inn. There are little things that creep up all over the place that they do their best to hide, but really can't do too much with out being really obvious. ToT is a 13 story building, kinda hard to hide it.
    The building itself isn't necessarily a problem for me, it's the huge neon sign attached to it. The items you mentioned are at least a little hidden (ie: not totally obvious to the casual guest).

I think its a good fit where it is also. When I rode ToT at WDW I loved it so when they announced they were building one in CA I was very excited. I think once the vegitation grows up a bit and looks more wild like WDW it will add to the presence. I have heard they are going to "finish" the Hyperion, I think if they inclose the que area and theme it properly it will work even better. I dont have a problem with being able to see ToT from the MK, Disneyland is in California and it is the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
    Steve

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by svickersart View Post
    I think its a good fit where it is also. When I rode ToT at WDW I loved it so when they announced they were building one in CA I was very excited. I think once the vegitation grows up a bit and looks more wild like WDW it will add to the presence. I have heard they are going to "finish" the Hyperion, I think if they inclose the que area and theme it properly it will work even better. I dont have a problem with being able to see ToT from the MK, Disneyland is in California and it is the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
    Steve
    See here is where I have a lil problem. I don't think DCA lets the vegetation grow, which they should. I also think like "cracks" in the street would fit well too.
    -Jack

• I'm not really here

Yeah, vegetation would definitley be a plus in my opinion too. Never been to WDW but all video and pics I've seen of ToT there show what appears to be vegetation that has been growing without much care since the hotel was shut down. I think it could really add to the creepiness of the ride experience while you are still walking up and not even in the hotel yet.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah, vegetation would definitley be a plus in my opinion too. Never been to WDW but all video and pics I've seen of ToT there show what appears to be vegetation that has been growing without much care since the hotel was shut down. I think it could really add to the creepiness of the ride experience while you are still walking up and not even in the hotel yet.
    And they should bring back the lightning they had during Halloween....
    -Jack

• Senior Minion

I have to say the only thing I don't like is how the street dead ends right there, and you have to go quite a distance to get to another good ride (Monsters Inc. is ok ... but I don't consider it good). Other then that I'm happy with it, and TOT is the only reason I usually go into DCA anyway.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast