• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Grad Trip May 27 - 30 (picture heavy)

My baby graduated high school last week. This of course meant a trip to Disneyland. After using Priceline to get the Crowne Plaza for $45 a night (pluse $9 a day resort fee) we left Phoenix Sunday morning around 9:30.

After checking and getting settled my hubby and son decided to go see POTC III at DTD. I decided that for the first time I was going to spend some quality time alone at the park. After leaving them at the theater I hopped on the monorail and arrived at my destination. I took the obligatory sub shots:

I then decided to go over to DCA to catch the ELP. I still love this parade. The parade got off to a late start. It started about 9:05, the park was supposed to close at 9:00. Sorry my shots are blurry but I was practicing with the camera.

I then headed back to Disneyland. They had cancelled fireworks and by now I realized I had forgotten to eat dinner. Luckily the Plaza Inn was still open so I went in for a chicken breast and potatos. Just as I was paying for my food the alarms went off. The cashier did not know what to do and so I told her to just give my change and off I would go. They evacuated the entire restaurant and front porch area. People that were in the middle of their meals either had to take them outside or leave them and were promised a refund or new meal when it was over. I never found out what happened but after about 20 minutes they let people back in. I then went and met up with hubby and son who enjoyed the movie and to the hotel we went.

Memorial Day Pictures and Report coming soon.
    Last edited by pratt55; 05-31-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: pictures in wrong format

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Grad Trip May 27 - 30 (picture heavy)

Memorial Day woke up bright and early so we could arrive before park opening. Checked hubby's brick for wear and tear.

Then at the rope drop spotted a familiar face MiceChat's own Pirate Munkee

PirateMunkee was planning on riding POTC before a meet and then off to work for him. We were headed for Splash. Unfortunately upon arrival it was down so hubby and son went on Pooh together.

Fortunately by now Splash was running with still no line so son and I got our own log.

While stopping by the restrooms at Hungry Bear we ran into the Dream Patrol and received the Dream Fastpasses. Now we knew we did not have to rush around. A little after 9:30 we headed off to the island.

Yours truly with Captain Jack.

Some shots of the Columbia which hubby had never been on in 45 years of going to Disneyland.

My husband and I took a trip on the Columbia next.

We then went over to DCA to use some of our Dream Fastpasses. While son and I on TOT, hubby found a place in the shade:

The Graduate:

and his father

We went on Grizzly and Soarin. Then it was time to go back to Disneyland for our PS for Cafe Orleans. On our way out we gave the rest of our DCA Dream FP to a family just entering the park. Their kids were thrilled.

More to come...
    Last edited by pratt55; 05-31-2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: corrected photo links

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Great pictures! Too bad we didn't run into each other!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I wish I had run into you Pezz it would have been fun seeing you again. We had a great meal as usual at Cafe Orleand and then decided to use our earlier obtained FP for splash. We got soaked.

Off to the hub to try and get dry before the sun went down, some shots around the hub

Went over and rode Matterhorn with a 5 minute line, then to BLAB where I finally got 3rd from the bottom scoring (because we got stopped on the ride). I just do not do well in scoring on this ride. Then went over to the subs so hubby could have a look at the progress.

We then had a 15 minute wait for the monorail which had to evacuate because autopia had a shut down and was evacuated. A CM told my son that whenever autopia has to be evacuated so does the monorail. After our trip on the monorail we were all pretty tired as we had spent 11 hours at the park and decided to give away our Dream FP for Disneyland away. Again we found another group of people that were very happy to receive it.

Off to our hotel and after a long soak in the jacuzzi bedtime.

Tuesday, the graduate decided he wanted to do Hollywood and go back to USH (yes we have passes there too). We spent a few hours at USH, then went to lunch at Pink's and finally parked at the Kodak Center and checked out downtown Hollywood which we had not been to in 10+ years. Wish we could have gone in to the El Capitan but did go to the soda shop.

Wednesday was check out day and time to return home but first a quick trip to the park to get some more sub shots.

We then saw part of the Jedi Training going on so hubby took some pictures which I now realize have one person in common.

It was another great trip and we hope to have to come back next week for the subs preview.
    Last edited by pratt55; 05-31-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: correcting picture links

• Banned User

Suspended in the timelessness of inner space

it would be a lot better if you could redo them so they aren't links...

What a nice gesture to give away your Dream Fastpasses. Hope karma repays you someday!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Picture links have been corrected.

•   

Beautiful pics. Thanks for the update.

I downloaded a pic and checked the properties. It said you use an HP PhotoSmart R707 5.1 MP camera. Is that correct?

sweet pics, looks like you guys had a great trip

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

nice trip report
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Grad Trip May 27 - 30 (picture heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Beautiful pics. Thanks for the update.

I downloaded a pic and checked the properties. It said you use an HP PhotoSmart R707 5.1 MP camera. Is that correct?
    To be honest I did not know until you made me check. What a goof I am. Glad you liked them.