Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Yeah thats right.

Demanding Ft. Wilderness

I've had it. TSI is just about my favorite part of Disneyland and I'm tired of never having had the experience of being able to go into Fort Wilderness. It seems to be such a big part of the island. Decided to try to bring more attention/protest to the issue on my most recent visit.

Thats "Please :-(" at the bottom in small text. I came back a little after I posted the sign to guage park-goer reaction. Some kids read the sign aloud. Most people just read the sign, tried to peak in to see what is inside through the cracks, and moved on. The only real convo I heard regarding the issue went something like this:

"Mommy I want to go in!"
    "I guess it's closed... looks like somebody put up a sign to open it... thats cool at least."

Everybody join in the campaign!! Use 3M double-sided tape, and post it high enough so small children won't tear it down for no good reason.

• Shubisha

Got a better idea Everybody write something in city hall instead so they don't get kicked out once they start watching for people putting up signs

• Videographer

Let's have a MC meet at the Fort and have a 60's sit in until they open the Fort.

But on the serious side, I agree with you. Can't they find a better storage area other then the Fort. Heck, if they are so concerned about the gun wells/turrets then cut they to be open aired instead of closed in.

RU

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    Got a better idea Everybody write something in city hall instead so they don't get kicked out once they start watching for people putting up signs
    I think this is the right idea here. If enough people voice an opinion, somebody might actuall take notice.
    I only got to go into the fort once. My son want's to go in everytime we go, so it would be nice to get it open again.

• Minion

Why is this area closed? Someone tell Matt Ouimet... quick!

Quote Originally Posted by General Grizz
    Why is this area closed? Someone tell Matt Ouimet... quick!
    The fort is closed because I guess it was starting to rot. Therefore they deemed it not safe for the public. However I agree that they should re-open the fort, but first referbish it.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    I miss it too, it's been closed WAY too long. <best whiney kid voice> "I wanna go in the foooooooooorrrrt!!!"
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Rock Star Minion

I was on TSI last Sunday, and I smelled pot smoke. And I saw CMs trying to sniff it out.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    *whistling*

Sheesh, I'm just kidding....
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Animatronic

The fort is pretty cool. For a long time, Coke had taken over the rest of the park and the fort was the last Pepsi hold out. I use to travel to the island just to get Mountain Dew. Having people in the fort added something to the Columbia and Mark Twain rides as you could look over and see people operating the noise guns they had in the fort towers, at least until some kid pinched his hand moving the gun and they got welded in place.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    They should install squirt guns on the fort and let kids shoot people in the explorer canoes. That would bring interest to TSI

Is it used as Fantasmic staging? That would explain its closure, but I would also love to see it open- I will be sure to stop by city hall and add it to my list of demands......
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    They should install squirt guns on the fort and let kids shoot people in the explorer canoes. That would bring interest to TSI

Is it used as Fantasmic staging? That would explain its closure, but I would also love to see it open- I will be sure to stop by city hall and add it to my list of demands......
    Yes, it is used for Fantasmic!, but it's not entirely necessary for that...Fort Wilderness has not been closed ever since Fantasmic! premiered, so it managed to function w/o FW as a storage area for a number of years...personally, I don't care for the Fort and would be just as happy if they replaced it with a new ride, it just needs to be something!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Former CM

I hope that they refurb the fort and get it back to the way it was when I was young. I want my kid to be able to play in there one day when he's older. I'd also like to see the guns at the enterance of Frontieer Land reopened too.

• Yeah thats right.

I think this excuse that it is closed because it is rotting and termite infested is bogus. If it was termite infested, I'd expect to see some progressive deterioration to the wood over these past years, something which I have not seen at all. I think it's all an excuse for the girl who lost the finger, one CM in a cave told me "they have to decide if they want to fix it up or what.. there was in incident".

So I guess kid loses finger in fort, close fort down forever, kid dies on mission space, open ride back up two hours later. {Makes perfect logical sense to me!!}

And by the way, how lame is it to not have the single area that Walt personally designed all himself fully functional for the 50th anniversary. And no, there should not be any "rides" on TSI.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, any major refurbishment of the island would probably interfere with Fantasmic, unfortunately. Then show is still wildly popular and I don't see it going anywhere until after October of next year. I would like to see some work done during the off season- get everything major done so that you can still have Fantasmic in the summertime.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast