Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

this is another question....didnt they bring back that deal where if you stayed at the disneyland hotel or the GC they would allow you inside earlier.

• e komo mai

I had a bad experience at the Hojo the last time I was there. I got a room facing the freeway. Very noisy at night. Also the doors rattled with the wind. Very hard to sleep...

• Senior Minion

The last two times we went down, we stayed a bit further away--the Marriott Courtyards in Cypress and Buena Park.

The Buena Park Courtyard is not too far from Knott's...it's a superb facility, very clean, nicely maintained, and maybe a 10 minute drive.

The Cypress Courtyard seemed a bit less user friendly--and getting there generally means either a stop and go drive down Katella, or looping all the way around.

Either way, though, you're looking at parking in the world's largest concrete monstrosity (i.e. Mickey and Pals). And the last time I came in by way of Katella, by the time I got to the garage, I felt like a rat in a maze.

This time, we're thinking of trying the Grand Californian, if only so that when my wife wants a break, she can walk back to her room for a rest.

• Junior Senior

I'm going to cast yet another vote for HoJo's. We stayed there in December and ended up getting a room on the top floor facing away from the freeway. It was great...the skylights were lovely in the morning and we could see into the park from our room. Make sure you request a room that doesn't face the freeway, though. They were very accommodating when we requested it. Also, we ran into a lot of trouble with our room because there was some communications problem between Expedia and HoJo's. Make sure, if you reserve from someplace other than directly from the hotel, to call them before you get there. It definitely added unnecessary worry to the first day of our trip.

Other than that we had a great time there. Next time my boyfriend wants to spend one day at the parks and one day lounging aound in the hotel. I guess it's obvious which of us is just going to the parks because the other one's totally obsessed

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I always recommend the Candycane Inn. It is an easy to walk to Disneyland and you don't have to cross any major streets. It is kept up well, even though it has that classic '50s motel look.

By the way, I LOVE Dsnylndmom's hotel rating system!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LAURA
    this is another question....didnt they bring back that deal where if you stayed at the disneyland hotel or the GC they would allow you inside earlier.
    Early Entry has returned to Disneyland. It is offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays. But you do not need to stay at a Disney owned hotel. What you need to do is buy your ticket in advance, either in a package, from Disneyland.com or the Good Neighbor hotel front desk. The Southern California CityPass also will offer an Early Entry as of April.

So it is not the hotel you stay in, it is the ticket media you buy. Early Entry is one hour prior to normal opening, and is basically the Fantasyland attractions.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I'm a long time advocate (sp?) of the Tropicanna. didn't have any complaints about it.
    Tropicana was great, really close to the gate and nice place.

Ramada Inn Maingate was ok, but it needed to be updated (lack of electrical outlets) not very clean either.

Marriott Suites was nice thru AAA with the full breakfast buffet. It was nice, but to far away( I hate shuttles)
    Tonyroma's restaurant was nice and close. Also that location of Tonyroma's is much better then where I come from.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Old Timer

Thanks everyone! It appears that HoJos has retained a good reputation over the years even with a close proximity to the freeway, plus they have modernized and improved (UNlike Disneyland) so If I go to DL then yes it may be HoJos, and I too had problems of HJ and Expedia communicating, make sure ahead of time your reservation is in their system!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I like to stay at the hotels right across the street. (carousel, park vue, tropicanna) they are not expensive and they are right across the street in easy walking distance. My favorite I have ever stayed in was GCH. That one was just so relaxing..
    We always stay in the Carousel Inn and suites and have never been disapointed.
    The swimming pool is on the roof and they have a nice free breaky in the morning overlooking the park in the breakfast room.

• With my wife....

Nobody has mentioned anything about the Paradise Pier hotel. Any good / bad experiences to share? I'm planning to stay there this weekend, so I want to be sure it's good!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Nobody has mentioned anything about the Paradise Pier hotel. Any good / bad experiences to share? I'm planning to stay there this weekend, so I want to be sure it's good!
    it's a nice hotel with very comfortable beds and pillow...unlike the beds and pillows at the carousel. (those pillows were all bump and hard. Also, the beds were saggy in the middles.) The only bad experience was when my parents went for the anniversary last june. They pulled the covers back and there was a brown smear across the bottom sheet. they called the desk and they did not apologize, but said someone would be up to take care of it. Nobody showed up...they ended up sleeping in the other bed....(thats just gross though)

All my other experiences have been great there.

• With my wife....

Brown smear?!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Brown smear?!
    yeah...the first thing they do know is tear the beds apart to examine the sheets...LOL

• With my wife....

Yeah, I've seen some creepy hotel stains in my day. It's a habit for me to carefully examine everything in the room, so I'll have to go with my gut while we're there!

--Walt Disney

• Minion

I must have just had good experiences at the Castle. Ive also stayed at Jolly Roger, and second who said above not to stay there. Its absolutly disgusting.

I dont remember who said they had problems parking at the Castle, but I say you must have visited a very busy time, because theres enough parking both time Ive gone to accomodate two buses that my group was traveling in. After hearing the reviews, Ill try to stay at Hojo's and compare.

Whats the coast difference between Castle and Hojos?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12