Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Old Timer

Question Lodging near Disneyland?

Its been about five years since I was last at DL and myself and family stayed at Howard Johnsons down the street, it was OK but nothing compared to having a rental vacation home for a couple of weeks in Orlando.

So I have a request and hopefully other readers can get valued advice as well on better places to stay very close to DL, this includes lodging on DL property as well but not farther away than a short trip by shuttle bus, basically within walking distance. Many things have changed in five years I have noticed.

I would however not be interested in paying more than $150 per night unless the extras were very much worth it. A stay of about 5 days either in may or later around oct-nov.

Please let me and others know where you stayed at,the value of it and would you return, thanks!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Minion

I know I might get labeled as cheap or thrifty, but I always stay at the Castle Inn & Suits. Its right across the street, so you dont have to wake up ridiculously early to get to the parks. Also, you can stay out late and not have to worry about walking too far or catching a tram or any of that worry. The rooms area always nice, and if you pay a few tenners extra, you get a whirlpool in the bathroom. The service is very nice, and very responsive. The pool isnt big at all, but its never crowded. The only downside is that because the hotel has a castle theme, there tends to be a lot of kids. They are usually in bed by the time you get back from the parks anyway, so its not a problem. Anyway, that sums it up for my pick.

• Old Timer

I think I remember seeing it and was wishing we had stayed there instead, the whirlpool sure sounds nice, I'll check it out.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• no flash photography...

I like to stay at the hotels right across the street. (carousel, park vue, tropicanna) they are not expensive and they are right across the street in easy walking distance. My favorite I have ever stayed in was GCH. That one was just so relaxing..

• e komo mai

The Candy Cane Inn was pretty good. It's in walking distance and is reasonably priced. I have stayed there twice.

• Disney fans for life!

We tried staying at the Castle a couple of years ago...

After staying at the Disney Hotel for years, we thought that we might try to go off-property for once. The kids liked the look of it.

Upon checking in, we found the room "not very clean". Stains of something all over the sofabed and the bathroom had a smell that wouldn't go away.

After complaining about the room, they switched us to one that was at least a little better.

After going out for dinner at a local restaurant, we returned to the Castle to find no open parking spaces. When I asked permission to park in a section marked "no parking", I was told that I would have to park at another hotel down the street. Since we had a ground floor room, I left it parked in a safe spot until I heard some other poor soul start up and leave. I immediately filled that stall and was settled in for the night. The next morning there were at least four cars parked in the "no parking" area. I didn't blame them.

As we checked out, I complained again about them expecting their guests to go park at another hotel, but my complaint fell against deaf ears. We'll never stay there again.

That was the first (and only) time that I filed a written complaint to AAA about one of their "recommended" hotels.

We make at least three one week trips a year to the Resort now and we always stay on the property. They always have some type of deal going on so it actually doesn't cost that much more and you have the convenience of being right there.

We reserved a couple of rooms at HoJo's for later this year. I have heard mostly good things about it, and the price is great.

We will be renting a car. How is the parking situation at HoJo's?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    We reserved a couple of rooms at HoJo's for later this year. I have heard mostly good things about it, and the price is great.

We will be renting a car. How is the parking situation at HoJo's?
    HoJo's has plenty of parking , and it is free... (They just reopened the west parking area after a major refurb)

One of the best places to check for good deals is MouseSavers.com.... They have a link to a great HoJo discount, plus many other deals....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• -Going Retro-

The past three years or so it's been Hojo's as well. Next trip it's the Park Inn. Heard good things about it so far. Take a look at Tripadvisor.com for reviews.

You can't beat Hojo's location and the amount of parking you have. It's a bit more of a walk then right across the street.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with the bad reviews of Castle. We had a very unpleasant stay there. We really like BW Park Place Inn and Hojo's .

Since we've started taking the kids in 1996
    we've done(out of the harbor places)
    Hojo's`
    Fairfield`
    Carousal`
    Tropicana (two times)
    BW Park Place (two times)
    Desert (two times)
    Castle
    We're doing Park Inn in July

not on Harbor, we've doneBest Inn (too far away)
    Embassy (LOVED IT Garden Grove)
    Desert Palm \

and DLH (two times)

I think that's it

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Defying Gravity

We have booked 8 nights at the Anaheim Sheraton this June, I got a pretty good deal.
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

Well our family typically stays at Hojo's when stay offsite. Clean rooms, quiet, and a great price. You really cant beat Hojo's quality for their rates. However, we have stayed at a couple of other parks in the area.

Last summer we decided to try a hotel closer to the entrance, and was cheaper, so we stayed at the Desert Inns and Suites I had read a couple of fairly good reviews so we gave it a shot... boy was that a mistake. Patrons at the hotel were obnoxiously loud and of course would congregate in front of our room after midnight and before six am. The AC worked... sort of. The rooms were not particularly clean. But the staff was pretty nice. So all-in-all it was a so-so experience, but I would not recommend the Desert Inn.

On the other hand, I would highly recommend the Coast Anaheim Hotel. We stayed there Christmas of 2003. Wonderful room, great staff, excellent amenities (gym, coffee shop, but it did not have a laundry room). Although the Coast Anaheim is considered a Moderate priced hotel you can usually get very good rates there if you keep you eyes open. We enjoyed it so much we are staying there again this summer and persuaded the rest of our clan (in-laws, cousins, etc.) to stay there with us when we have the big family vacation outing this June..

So in conclusion, if you are staying offsite I would highly recommend either Hojo's or the Coast Anaheim.

Yancy

• It's all nonsense

I'm a long time advocate (sp?) of the Tropicanna. didn't have any complaints about it.

My wife and I are big fans of Candy Cane Inn. We have stayed there 5 times the last 2 years and have had a wonderful experiance each time. They have a private shuttle for those times when walking just seems to hard. But is definately in walking distance. The service is great. The free breakfast is great, we don't have to eat untill about 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

• /sigh

What ever you do, Don't stay at Jolly Rogers! It smelled of hairspray and cigar smoke. It was disgusting to say the least. Yuck!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast