Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Magazine disrespects DCA

Okay so i was at work last night and I picked up star magazine and inside there was a little section thing for arnold and it had 2 pics of him and the first caption said something like "arnold speaks at disney's adventure theme park in anaheim" and the second picture was him with the block party bash cast and it said something like "arnold poses with kids in costumes..." I was not happy. I do understand that the room for the captions was small and it was full to the max but they could have taken out "them" to put the California abreviation in there. That was like a total dis on DCA. and for the Block party Bash thins, they arent kids and they should have said what the show was since it is really popular after all. Once again see how "kids in costumes" takes up less space then " cast from DCA's new parade, Block Party bash..." Anyway, this all just kind off bugged me.

wow I made alot of errors in there
    -"theme"
    -once again I see how...

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I don't think it is that big of a deal...it wasn't meant to be an advertisement for Disney, and if Michael Eisner can't even get ride names right, I would not expect a non-affiliated magazine to get everything perfect, either.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• that's right!

If you're looking for people with nice things to say about DCA you're in the wrong place

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    If you're looking for people with nice things to say about DCA you're in the wrong place
    Isn't that the truth!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• At the Gym or at DL

I don't really see it as any disrespect. A mainstream publication like this is not going to give the type of detail that a Disney oriented publication or website would.

Point well taken that Eisner probably couldn't identify them as anything more than kids in costumes also.
    Last edited by GymMouse; 06-22-2005 at 11:00 AM.

If you think that's disrespectful, you should watch the Simpsons and see what they had to say about DCA!

For those who didn't see it, about 2 years ago the Simpsons walked into a maximum security prison to talk to a convicted serial killer. Marge says "Is it really a good idea to bringg the kids here?" Homer says "Hey...at least it's better than Disney's California Adventure".

I did a spit take when I heard that

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    If you think that's disrespectful, you should watch the Simpsons and see what they had to say about DCA!

For those who didn't see it, about 2 years ago the Simpsons walked into a maximum security prison to talk to a convicted serial killer. Marge says "Is it really a good idea to bringg the kids here?" Homer says "Hey...at least it's better than Disney's California Adventure".

I did a spit take when I heard that
    OR... When Homers Mother comes back and she needs to hide

"Don't worry mom, I'll take you to a place where there is no one for miles: Disney's California Adventure!"
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Clear for Dispatch

Plus, the use of the Acronym "DCA" is very uncommon for the general public let alone the media. I've had several instances where I used the term DCA and the people I'd be talking to had no idea what I was referring to.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by monorail1
    Plus, the use of the Acronym "DCA" is very uncommon for the general public let alone the media. I've had several instances where I used the term DCA and the people I'd be talking to had no idea what I was referring to.
    I don't think most people really know what California Adventure is...it's still pretty new.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Star magazine, probably the best source of information ever! o wait... nm
    (insert funny comment here)

yeah Im just saying what was the purpose of hosting this event? for publicity right?

• Kirbyshowcase.com

events for publicity? get out of here....
    (insert funny comment here)

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    The other night I watched a simpson episode, and they had to go to the teacher of the year ceremonys... It was heald in epcot, and homer complained so much. Homer said it was boring just flying over it... Quite funny really And at the end, he trys to escape to MK, by climbing a fence with barbed wire, as he does this search lights and mickeys voice comes on saying, step away from the wall... He makes it over, shouts Woohoo, asks for a churro, guy says that'll be $15.00, homer says ohhh, and buys it Quite a funny thing..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Wonderful World

where would we be if the simpsons never exsisted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast