Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Can they ever knock down Innoventions are start again?

What if they turned it back into a revolving theater with show scenes from different periods of the future. One could be space, maybe colonies and mobile suits like Gundams, another could be future earth, Alien encounters, I think a well placed show of this type would be great for tomorrowland. Since nothing is really there now.Going to innovations now is like in Meet the Robinsons, Todayland.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    In my opinion ASIMO is the anchor that keeps Innoventions from drifting into insignificance. I think Innoventions represents the wrong direction that was taken in the 98 refurb. There is nothing "fantastic" about the near, predictable "future". Is it entertaining enough of a theme for one or two attractions? Maybe, although the popularity of Innoventions would make it seem otherwise. I believe people want to see the kind of optimistic, hopeful future that we all want, not what we can expect to actually get.
    That's pretty much my take on it. It needs to be like Carousel of Progress was. It had this incredibly upbeat, happy tone to it. Optimism about the future and all the amazing things that will happen (even though things turned out different). It needs to be that kind of an idea. What could the world be like 50, 70 years from now. Turn loose all the creative and imaginative powers over at WDI and I'll bet they can dream up some crazy and incredibly wild stuff that would breath new life into Innoventions. It doesn't have to be real technology, just be believably possible in the future. And putting that Disney optimism back into it would help a lot as well I think.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Comin' at ya!

In my opinion ASIMO is the anchor that keeps Innoventions from drifting into insignificance. I think Innoventions represents the wrong direction that was taken in the 98 refurb. There is nothing "fantastic" about the near, predictable "future". Is it entertaining enough of a theme for one or two attractions? Maybe, although the popularity of Innoventions would make it seem otherwise. I believe people want to see the kind of optimistic, hopeful future that we all want, not what we can expect to actually get.
    Yeah, that's about my thoughts. Although I would want to see things geared toward things that could come out, the things they have now are like not very "futuristic." I've never understood the videogame station, I mean, those are like all games that have been out for quite sometimes...And they're always Disney games.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Tomorrowland, where the future is rezoning and rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-97 View Post
    Carousel of Progress and America Sings were two of my favorite attractions.

I went into Innoventions once, and that was enough for me. I've never been back.
    Don't rip it out, the show building is unique! I like the idea of taking out what's in Innoventions and replacing it with a new show attraction like America Sings. But this time, they can use singing robots or aliens to put on a show about music from the past to the present. And using the rotating theatre would be fun again too!

I always saw America Sings, but it was especially nice when the weather was really hot outside. Cuz sitting inside a nice cool theatre, while watching a fun, singing musical was the best!

Innoventions to me is just a waste of space and creativity!

• Off to Neverland

I hate that thing...give me a ride!

• Minion FOREVER!

Swab is pretty much on the money... Asimo is about the only thing really repeatable there.
    (only other things is Stitch, but very few people know about that).

And the PC games are pretty old (I don't understand why they don't keep that updated more;
    Disney Interactive always has new games.... What they really should have done is to create
    a virtual CD system so that it can play any game loaded to some central server... I know that
    the current ones are dedicated PCs.....) Actually, they should even have previews of
    upcoming new games.... instead of games that are already out. :-(

If they have network games (on a very high bandwidth) with some really decent storyline/objective,
    it can really drive people there. (Ex. how about a immersive, networked Peter Pan/Neverland? Or
    even a version of Kingdom of Heart's world?) Even a virtual fly-over of "Meet the Robinsons" would be
    neat.... (That's gotta be a slam dunk to create.... the modeling for that exists already).

WDC does get money from sponsors and its a huge people eater (potentially) so it'll
    definitely stay.

What they really should do is to just do some show w/ a futuristic concept like what
    the building was originally intended. Use projection.
    Make it 3D. Throw in Smellavision and several AAs (w/ clothes and faces projected). Have it self configuring so that it can do several shows. (i.e even do the old CoP!!)

Another sad point about Innoventions is that the most unique aspect of the building, that fact that it revolves, in now completely wasted. The door you enter determines what "show" you are going to see. Big whoop! The rotating theater concept that they started with 40 years ago out cools everything they have in there now except ASIMO.

I was in there yesterday ( specifically to see the ASIMO demo ) and ended up seeing the Home innoventions presentaion. It was pretty laughable, everything the guy was showing has been available to consumers for months/years. The guy demos the "robot vacuum" Roomba and I'm thinking "right, I bought one of those 3 months ago at Costco ONSALE! How bleeding edge is that!

The current format is a joke. It should go back to a rotating theater format.

OK... Personnaly I would rather see an attraction take the place of innoventions, but I don't have any ideas of what would work there. I would love to see something original that can add to the park for years to come, much like Matterhorn, Space, Pirates...etc From looking at the post by Oingofan in another thread you can see how large that show building is. I've heard some argue that there isn't room for anything large but it sure looks to be about the same size as Matterhorn.

sorry to ramble, had to write quickly since I'm at work.
    Here's the link to the ariel view
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...3969&encType=1

• Hillary scares me.

The ride is subsidized by sponsors and only requires a very small group of CMs to work it. Read: It barely costs Disney a thing to run while upping the Disneyland ride count and taking a small bite of crowds in a high volume area.

It's not going anywhere.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaaron View Post
    The ride is subsidized by sponsors and only requires a very small group of CMs to work it. Read: It barely costs Disney a thing to run while upping the Disneyland ride count and taking a small bite of crowds in a high volume area.

It's not going anywhere.
    But it would be so much better of an attraction if it could entertain guests better than it does currently.

I do see what you are saying-the hard facts-but we can hope that potentially sometime in the not-so-distant-future, Disney will see that this prime Disney space isn't being utilized to it's full advantage.

And perhaps the current sponsors for the attraction could sponsor whatever would replace what's there now.

I myself would like to see a time-travelling attraction.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    And perhaps the current sponsors for the attraction could sponsor whatever would replace what's there now.
    Just like the building's original occupant. I'd love to know how many times General Electric is mentioned by name in the original Carousel of Progress.

Personally, I say, save the Coursel of Progress and bring it back to Disneyland in its original format (so get GE on board). Either that or do Carousel of Progress 2.0, instead of these 1.5 versions that just put the final scene out of sync.

• ...TWO BITS!

GE is with Universal now.

In my opinion ASIMO is the anchor that keeps Innoventions from drifting into insignificance.

I believe people want to see the kind of optimistic, hopeful future that we all want, not what we can expect to actually get.
    Good point about what we WANT instead of what we will GET.

I didn't think about this before: But people wait in line to get into Innoventions for... a free arcade. At least in EPCOT's, you can just walk right in. Another good point why I think "The Best of" Innoventions can replace Starcade. And it's a good way to kill time if you don't want to shop in stores while waiting for your fastpass.

If Disney redoes the building for an actual show or ride, then there's a better reason to wait. And it must be a high-capacity attraction due to the noted limited space in that area. So a new spinning-theater would still work wonders.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Do not knock down the building! That building is a classic and knocking down the carousel to me is the same thing as knocking down the castle!!!

Replace it with a new show like America Sings or Carousel of Progress. That is what the building was intended for. If they do something like Innoventions keep the building the same just make it more interesting on the inside.

• Return to Oz

In my opinion we need Mission space
    So... what do you think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast