Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Can they ever knock down Innoventions are start again?

Innoventions is nothing but the space between Autopia and Space Mountain.

It has the feeling of a Downtown Disney shop. There is zero excitement. I am not even sure of the reason it is even there.

It is a great theatre being used as a Marketplace.

If this truely is Tomarrowland, why not stick some serious solar panels on it and create the World of the Future which explores the world of Green power sources and how they can be implimented into our lives.

Just an Idea but since America Sings left, it has been nothing but a boat anchor on an already underburdoned Tomarrowland.

Disney Road

Re: Can they ever knock down Innoventions are start again?

i like it
    pshhh i guess

• =)

I never go in there. I briefly went in there once, a rather long time ago, and didn't see anything that necessitated me ever coming back. I'd be fine with demolishing it and replacing it with something far more interesting. I still say that Tomorrowland needs a very high-tech dark ride--and not one that's based on a cartoonish franchise, even one so well-done as Toy Story.

The footprint of Innoventions isn't quite as big as we'd like to think; if it were removed, there wouldn't be enough room for an attraction as large and involved as HM or Pirates. But a small show building, queue, and facade could fit there, and it'd nicely compliment the thrills of Space Mountain available on the other side of the plaza.

One problem is that lines for new attractions tend to be really long, and there isn't much room in Tomorrowland for all that overflow. I'm thinking that both the ride layout and the queue would need to use space in an even more efficient way than usual, though 3D modeling has taught me that Disneyland's space management really is extraordinary as it is.

• potterday.org

The solution to Innoventions is, I think, much simpler than knocking it down. Filling it full of modern consumer items which are passe before they're installed is a sponsorship debacle from the previous regimes. Tom Morrow's introduction wherein he implies we're baffled and disenchanted with the All Plastic House is a smokescreen, and decidedly un-Disney.

What that building needs to house is the pop-up kitchen and robot butlers. We want wonder. Show us something outlandish. Show us a concept car with transluscent wheels that we'll never see on the open road. Take us on a tour through the house of the future. Let's see things that will truly inspire wonder, not just sponsored displays of things every suburban 13-year old now owns. We are not impressed with the technology of the webcam.
    Last edited by Zoe Necrosis; 06-01-2007 at 06:54 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

They really should remove it; i think its a waste of space, however i belive it still makes extra income by having a fee to these companies that have stuff in there.

• I'm not really here

I've been in there twice over the past 4 years and it has been a let down both times. If they actually put stuff that was innovative and not already available to the market in there it could be cool again. Like mentioned above, outlandish, way out stuff needs to happen in there. Use the Disney magic to bring the far out and crazy future to life. Otherwise, it is just and really big commercial for Best Buy, etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

I like it, my kids like it, I love the virtual vacation in there and i think it should stay!!!

We were just at Innoventions on May 20. I don't like it. My son and husband, who are total geeks, used to really enjoy it (we visit Innoventions about once a year). But now they are bored with it (we don't hang out near as long as we used to). A lot of that stuff has been there for a long time now. I don't think they need to tear the building down, but I do think they need to put something new in there.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• knell of a requiem bell

A a high capacity ride replacement would be nice. I remember my only motivation for going in there was for the air conditioning on those hot days.
    -GGG

• :)

Well Innoventions is going down in a couple weeks for a complete refurb, so probably not seeing how they're putting a ton of $$ into it

• Minion

The building itself can be re-invented again.
    It is a great uniquely designed building, and they can do so much with it.
    Patience...
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Knocking it down seems so extreme. I agree with the post before me - just re-invent it.

• Tourist

Carousel of Progress and America Sings were two of my favorite attractions.

I went into Innoventions once, and that was enough for me. I've never been back.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

In my opinion ASIMO is the anchor that keeps Innoventions from drifting into insignificance. I think Innoventions represents the wrong direction that was taken in the 98 refurb. There is nothing "fantastic" about the near, predictable "future". Is it entertaining enough of a theme for one or two attractions? Maybe, although the popularity of Innoventions would make it seem otherwise. I believe people want to see the kind of optimistic, hopeful future that we all want, not what we can expect to actually get.

• Comin' at ya!

I've been there several times and rarely have any interest in staying long...I'm usually just there buying time.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast