Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

After seeing the KUKA arms in action on the EPCOT ride, I'm really wishing that they got working for Disneyland. I mean, it isn't as scary because it's outside and the passengers aren't, but what is going on with it now just makes it seem pretty weak.

• 88 mph

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

So apparently the lines no longer get any longer then 90 mins. With the reopening going on for just a month, it seems that interest of this ride is starting to die down already. Will this become another ToT in terms of popularity in the coming months?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

This Friday the line was around 90 minutes all day according to the sign....it took me right around 60. The ride seems VERY popular, but I think many are scared of the line.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Don't be kinding yourself......2.5 hours today! It was a fluke yesterday, heck the whole park was eerie....not very many people at all and a lot of rides were walk ons.....NOT TODAY!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I was talking about Friday, not yesterday. It was reported as 2.5 hours in the early morning, but 90 the rest of the day (in reality the 90 min. posted wait was right about 60 in reality). Park attendence didn't seem light to me, but then I'm not a local. (Though I did do a total of 26 different rides between the 2 parks, plus many repeats and sit down dining )

• Banned User

Yesterday, the park was pretty dead. 60 minutes, mid day for Nemo. But two projection areas were off line. the entire volcano sequence was not working. also part of the final "we've found nemo" projections were down as well. the CM I talked to seemed to know about the problems, but what are you could to do when the line still stretches past the matterhorn???

• Quality not quantity

[ This was originally posted on a different thread but I thought it might be of use over here also. ]

Based on my experience last week, here is my views on the Nemo line:

If you are going:

On an early entry day and you have early entry
    Get to the park 1-1/2 hours before the stated opening time. So if the park opens at 8:00, early entry starts at 7:00 so you should be there at 6:30. You will be able to walk down main street and get right onto the subs no problem. Ride it a second time if you like. If you do this here is the line you will see at the font gate. Nemo will essentially be a walk on.

On an early entry day without having early entry
    Relax, you are hosed from the start. You will enter to find an hour plus line from the get-go. Ride it early before the sun gets to hot or late after the sun goes down but either way, you have to wait.

On a rope drop day with no early entry
    If the park opens at 9:00am and there is no early entry you can expect a rope drop. The end result of which is a stampede. If you have to be a part of this madness, then remember to line up off the hub on the path between Fantasyland and the Matterhorn. Do NOT use the path that leads directly into Tomorrowland. The Nemo queue will start up past the Matterhorn (even first thing in the morning) so line up by the red star and follow the flow up past the matterhorn.

Here is what you can expect crowd wise just prior to rope drop.

No rope drop and no early entry (ie Sunday)
    Perhaps the best time to go! Get to the gates at least 35min before opening. One hour before would be better. For the couple of days I was there, the western most gates seemed to be the first to start letting people in. I don't know if that's normal or just coincidence. Oh and one more trick... If you are not there early then watch for them to start a new line or two on the eastern end of the gates. We were able to move up to first in line thanks to this.
    Here is the line about 20min prior to opening...

Using the Monorail - It's a fools errand. Since the line starts up past the matterhorn the front gate people leave the monorail folks in the dust. During our visit we were getting on the subs when the first load came down the walkway only to find out they had to march all the way up past the Matterhorn. Do not take the monorail.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• 88 mph

^ as if any of this stuff is needed. Yesterdays wait time fluctuated between 40 to 60 minutes hehe!

The heck is going on? I thought this was summer!!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    ^ as if any of this stuff is needed. Yesterdays wait time fluctuated between 40 to 60 minutes hehe!

Perhaps the YOaMD promotion is not doing as well as they'd hoped? Oh God... This means they'll be more determined to turn the gallery into a suite.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Perhaps the YOaMD promotion is not doing as well as they'd hoped? Oh God... This means they'll be more determined to turn the gallery into a suite.
    Could it be the hot weather that's keeping people away? We've been having quite a heat wave this week. It's much cooler at DLR that in the valley and deserts but is it cool enough? Not sure how much travel has declined this year due to high gas prices.

Off topic but thought it might be relevant.

• The Twilight Zone

Could be the heat. Then people sometimes don't go because they think it's going to be insanly busy.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post

Yesterday? Well as long as you have a valid statistical sample to use for your baseline assessment.

OK everyone. Jeronius says not to worry. The Nemo line is officially over. Have fun and don't worry about it. Just show up when you feel like it.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Cool Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

the pics look good and in vmk there a game so u can win a subarine
    vmk is the best game ever

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Front vs. Back:
    This is where a real difference can be seen. The sound (which is excellent) does not travel from front to back. At least not that I could notice. It plays at the same time for everyone on board. If there are differences in volume as you move through the scenes, I did not notice any.

The way the ride is set up is that you move quite seamlessly through several scenes with bits of dialogue for each. The front of the Sub sees the first part of the conversation as they talk and the back part gets to see what happens during the later part. There is (almost) always something to look at, even if the characters you see are not participating in the conversation at hand. This affords greater "reridability" because there were definitely two different things to view during the same dialogue both times I went and will probably be different the next time(s) I go.
    So, I saw this post and thought I would just correct it. There is a difference in the soundtrack based on Front vs Middle vs Back. There are about 10 different speakers all along the side of the submarine each one with a slightly different soundtrack based on what you are seeing. There are times where the front will hear something completely different than the back. The best example for this is the Hot Tub/Volcano Scene. The front will see Dory playing in the hot tub, then will move on to the next scene to see everyone in the volcano, however, at about that time, the back is just seeing Dory in the Hot tub, and she is still speaking, but the front does not see it, so they don't get to hear it. It is the same with the Coral Reef/Whale's Mouth scene near the end. And my favorite line of the entire ride, one in which Bruce is talking, can NOT be heard in the rear of the sub. I have ridden the ride at least 1000 times, as I work it, and drive the subs, I have ridden in every seat. My opinion, the best seat would be Front-Middle, around seat numbers 5-8. Side doesn't matter, exactly the same (for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    They angler fish isn't in water. It's in a dry box.
    So, saw this quote too, thought I would reply.

The Anglerfish is in the water!!

Ok, all I needed to say.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516