Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Never Look Back

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

Rode it twice tonight (Saturday) with some CMs, and it was amazing! The CM previews had absolutely no lines today, and it was a direct walk on for the entire night. Since there weren't lines, they were actually letting on regular guests occasionally as well. They definitely made some dreams come true for a lot of people today.

One of the best parts about the whole ride is the amazing audio quality. I couldn't believe how clear the character voices were.

I am not going to outline the whole ride, because many people have already posted about that. These are some things that I noticed...

Spoiler Time...

Spoiler
    The lagoon was probably my most favorite part of the whole attraction. The first time around, we were sitting on the driver's right side facing the inner part of the lagoon, and it was much bigger than I remembered. We have seen the pictures from above and along the lagoon, but it is so different when you are seeing it up close. It is very colorful, and very well-themed. You just don't realize how large it is...

I found that they do a very good job blending the dry and wet parts of the showrooms. You really couldn't tell at all. The angler fish scence made me jump the first time I saw it, because it really does catch you off guard. There are multiple angler fish on either side of the sub as well, and they all sorta light up.

Also the scene where the submarine is swallowed by the whale is another favorite. I like how you are blown back out of the whale. They use blue lights, bubbles, and loud speakers, to really pull this effect off.

I didn't notice it until the second time, but one of the very last coral formations, in the last showroom, is shaped like the old sea-serpent's head. If you look closely you can even see that it is sticking out it's tongue just like the old animatronic.

Overall I thought it was a great attraction. I do want to experience it in the daylight, because I feel the lagoon was too dark at night. I would wait 2 hours for this ride, but I would probably stay away at 4-6.

It should be a crowd favorite for a very long time...
    Last edited by Maseca; 06-03-2007 at 12:55 AM.

• Minion

Thumbs up Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

I was able to get on a Cast Preview this Friday, and I would like to give my review.

The wait for the attraction was at an hour and half and this was due because only 5 submarines, were working, so heres to hope that the subs are constantly working. The line isn't themed as much, but I feel that it was not boring at all, and it seemed like the line was always moving. The attraction was a whole is just amazing! I was very surprised as to how well it was done. I actually felt as if I was submerged in an underwate habitat, and if thats the case Disney did an excellent job at executing this. At first I didn't like the projections, but then it grew on me and I noticed how intricate they are. The ride seems long, and I think its about 20 minutes or so, and it feels any longer. The colors and theming is wonderful and the new effects are awsome as well. I would wait probably 2 hours for this attraction, its an amazing experience and takes you back to what Disney could do with greate attractions like this!
    Jeff Wayne

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

My family and I rode the subs early yesterday afternoon. It was an amazing experience. What I loved most was being able to experience one of my all time favorite attractions at Disneyland with my two children. The moment absolutely made my day.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Suspended

I'm an Attractions CM and I've been on it three times. Twice when the call went out for Attractions CM's to come test it a few weeks ago, and once this weekend at the official Cast Member Preview. I clocked the ride time for Nemo at 14 minutes and 45 seconds. That's about as long as Pirates or a trip on the Mark Twain, 2 minutes longer than Small World, five minutes longer than Jungle Cruise, and about 7 minutes longer than the Omnimover portion of Haunted Mansion. It's a very long ride.

I would wait about 90 minutes to ride Nemo again, but not any longer than that. It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but for an adult male it's not a top priority. I have a hunch that some adults who wait for 2 hours or more might be disapointed with Nemo. It's definitely an E Ticket, but it's not a white knuckle thrill ride.

As for problems from an operational viewpoint, there are going to be many. The vehicles are tiny and cramped, and the seats are narrow and squished together. A fair number of 21st century super-sized Americans are going to take up two seats in this vehicle. I see some folks in Disneyland in ECV's who would probably take up to three seats. I'm being serious. Nothing makes you realize how big and overweight we've become in this country than trying to fit into a circa 1959 submarine. I predict there are going to be some nasty Guest Concerns over this with big folks yelling at the CM's for "putting too many people in here!".

The other problem already has been playing itself out as they struggle to get the full fleet of 8 subs up and running. Lose a vehicle or two for any number of reasons, and the slow moving line becomes unbearable. The load/unload process isn't easy either as big Americans struggle to navigate the tiny spiral staircase down into the cramped cabin. Not fun.

There are a few surprisingly scary moments during the ride. Little kids would easily freak out. The music at the end was a great touch, and reminded me of old Tomorrowland rides that always had bouncy/jazzy/modern jingles playing in the attraction. The feedback from the Annual Passholder Preview should prove interesting.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I'm an Attractions CM and I've been on it three times. Twice when the call went out for Attractions CM's to come test it a few weeks ago, and once this weekend at the official Cast Member Preview. I clocked the ride time for Nemo at 14 minutes and 45 seconds. That's about as long as Pirates or a trip on the Mark Twain, 2 minutes longer than Small World, five minutes longer than Jungle Cruise, and about 7 minutes longer than the Omnimover portion of Haunted Mansion. It's a very long ride.

I would wait about 90 minutes to ride Nemo again, but not any longer than that. It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but for an adult male it's not a top priority. I have a hunch that some adults who wait for 2 hours or more might be disapointed with Nemo. It's definitely an E Ticket, but it's not a white knuckle thrill ride.

As for problems from an operational viewpoint, there are going to be many. The vehicles are tiny and cramped, and the seats are narrow and squished together. A fair number of 21st century super-sized Americans are going to take up two seats in this vehicle. I see some folks in Disneyland in ECV's who would probably take up to three seats. I'm being serious. Nothing makes you realize how big and overweight we've become in this country than trying to fit into a circa 1959 submarine. I predict there are going to be some nasty Guest Concerns over this with big folks yelling at the CM's for "putting too many people in here!".

The other problem already has been playing itself out as they struggle to get the full fleet of 8 subs up and running. Lose a vehicle or two for any number of reasons, and the slow moving line becomes unbearable. The load/unload process isn't easy either as big Americans struggle to navigate the tiny spiral staircase down into the cramped cabin. Not fun.

There are a few surprisingly scary moments during the ride. Little kids would easily freak out. The music at the end was a great touch, and reminded me of old Tomorrowland rides that always had bouncy/jazzy/modern jingles playing in the attraction. The feedback from the Annual Passholder Preview should prove interesting.
    I am one of those "super-sized" Americans and I agree with you. I was very thankful that they underloaded our sub and we were able to spread out a little. And yes,m the music was a nice touch. It's the same song as the song during the credits of Finding Nemo only done as an instrumental. The song is called "Beyond the Sea" and it's one of my favorites.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Nemo Was Awesome!!!!!!!!!

OMG. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! i would TOTALLY WAIT IN LINE for like 6 hours for it^^. it was AWESOME! we werent aloud to take pics or vids......but i got them with my phone ^^....so HERE YOU GO!!!

This was dory at the end....it was blury.... everything was basicly done with projectors on a thin screen...theres one AWESOME part that happens inside the subs, that scared the crap out of me ^^ ... and another part that was freaky yet KOOL! but mainly this ride was AWESOME! there were some audio glitches, but i heared them talking about getting it fixed the next day....

Re: Nemo Was Awesome!!!!!!!!!

OH and the audio in there was AWESOME! They have kool LED lighting in there and effect neon lighting.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Subs was incredible. The best part was going down the ladder IMO. It was cool to ride in the same sub as Tony Baxter. He was about five people away from me!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

WARNING: I am not going to bother with "Spoiler" tags or wraps because if you don't want to find out anything about the ride, you should not have clicked on this thread anyway.

I was able to ride the Subs two times last night thanks to very generous and industrious CM's who have my heartfelt thanks forever. It was a terrific experience and it was so exciting to climb back down into one of my favorite rides when I was a kid!

Not too crowded last night:

They had 7 subs running instead of the 5 running the previous day.

Our ride arrives:

Definitely watch your step:

The stairs are treacherous and I was taking pictures while going down the first time. I missed a step and would have fallen if I had not been hanging on to the railing!

Honey, I'm home:

I remember these seats being gray (and much larger). While the color scheme may be lost in my memory, the years have definitely not been kind to my waistline. Be prepared to sit down in some pretty close quarters with people who have hopefully been profuse in the hygiene and sparing with their fragrance.

Since the basics of the ride have already been discussed, I am going to focus on the difference in the experiences I had on the two trips. The fist was in the front (fore) of the Sub on the right side (anyone nautical can fill in port or starboard for me). The second time, I was in the rear (aft) on the left side.

While I would love to be able to compare DAY vs. NIGHT trips, I only rode at night and, like Maseca, can't wait to see the lagoon during the day with all the colors showing. The lagoon lighting is still terrific but I think the glass paint will really sparkle in daylight.

Left vs. Right:
    The right side faces the open lagoon. When you clear the "diving" bubbles, the expanse, especially at night probably, is impressive! You feel like you are out in open water. Or as close as you can while in a lagoon the size of few swimming pools. The left side seems much closer and all the lagoon sights (Darla, big fish, the scuba diver) are right there next to you. Once you go through the waterfall into the first show building, this effect is diminished substantially since everything happens an equal distance from the sides of the Subs.

Front vs. Back:
    This is where a real difference can be seen. The sound (which is excellent) does not travel from front to back. At least not that I could notice. It plays at the same time for everyone on board. If there are differences in volume as you move through the scenes, I did not notice any.

The way the ride is set up is that you move quite seamlessly through several scenes with bits of dialogue for each. The front of the Sub sees the first part of the conversation as they talk and the back part gets to see what happens during the later part. There is (almost) always something to look at, even if the characters you see are not participating in the conversation at hand. This affords greater "reridability" because there were definitely two different things to view during the same dialogue both times I went and will probably be different the next time(s) I go.

Here is where I turn into an old fuddy-duddy poo-head:
    I do have one MINOR qualm with the new ride. It's not in the technical expertise shown in the reconstruction of this attraction. It is WAY superior to anything I have seen in a LONG time. It's this: I was slightly put off by the whole digital projection media. I know. Call me a "purist" or just Old Skool if you like. I just love my 3D animatronics and character pieces.

The scenery is terrific- all or mostly made up with real-live plaster and paint and who-knows-what-else. The jellyfish are all "real" and 3D and everything. But the digital projections (while very well integrated into the sets and showing up nicely) reminded me just a little of the Autopia queue scenes with the talking cars or the little scenes in the Mission Tortilla Factory of the little people - ONLY MUCH MUCH BETTER! Please don't get me wrong and think that I am being nit-picky. Even though I am...

My favorite (projection) scene has to be the volcano where there are several Nemo characters going in and out of projected lava flowing (very much like the swirling honey whirlpool on the Pooh ride) and bubbles coming out everywhere. But I am still a sucker for the pieces like Darla, the anglerfish, Squirt and Nemo toward the start of the ride, and the crabs at the end (especially the not-quite finished Robo-Crab on the right side).

That being said, there is no way they could have made animatronics or puppets to do all the things that the projected characters do. It is a very engaging and thrilling experience in every way.

I can't wait to go on again and will probably be there for Rope Drop one these days soon. Until then, I will remain Sub-Merized!-PEZZ just like I was before.

Goodbye (for now)

And forget what I said about your digital projections... I still love ya!
    Call me!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

OK - Saturday, 1:30pm-ish, the wife and I are watching the boats straight out from the seagulls. After about 20 minutes, a CM named "Kim" comes up to my wife and whispers, "Do you want to go on Nemo?" YES! "Are you cast members?" NO!. She discreetly writes us up a 2 little white tags and sends us aboard the ride!

It was so cool! I would say that the ride itself is much longer than I expected, so I was pleasantly surprised. It will be a 2-3 hour wait this summer, though.....

I get to go again on Wednesday early AM for a Travel Industry preview. The Mrs. can't come (cheap Disney), so this was such a treat for her. Another amazing Disney memory made by a thoughtful CM.

JW

Well, I'm going to give a slightly contrarian review here. I didn't like it as much as I had hoped. I had goosebumps going back down into the attraction again, but there are long spans of nothing happening, especially at the beginning - over a full minute of bubbles during the dive! I found the set pieces too fast and difficult to understand, and there was lots of noise with no coherent flow to it. However, some set pieces weren't working properly on my ride (including the lava flow scenes) among others, so I'm open minded enough to wait for a second trip. Plus I sat all the way in the back and the show timings just aren't right back there. All in all, it's a good start and it may be better on a future ride. So far, I'm unimpressed despite the awesome technology.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I liked it. Good effects. Thanks to a great CM, I was lucky and got to sneak peek.

Ok here is a short video. All I can say is CLICK ONLY IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...61569094383047
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Up is Down

I went on it twice saturday! I do not want to give any spoilers since many have been given but it gets my thumbs up! It is a very cool ride I loved it!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Well, I haven't gone on it yet, but since this is an official thread, I decided to post some pictures from the submarines I took over a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Just a few little observations from me...

I was way more excited about the ride than I thought I'd be... there was actual squeeing after we were on it

I was a bit disappointed as we went past the first wall, but then my mouth just hung open It did seem a bit disjointed .like "Here's some educational stuff" then "here's a fun little story." the educational stuff took second place to all that during the Nemo bits, IMO.

Parts of the Nemo are the exact same as the new Nemo ride at WDW - when the first scene started, I was like, "Wow, this like a 1000% better version of that ride!"

The bubbles were distracting but I understand that they're essential to make it feel like we're really diving underwater. I'm assuming one of those is when you go in the cave? They did a great job with that transition.

At the first sign of Nemo, the subs chatter totally increased with little kids shouting "nemo!" and all that. Just a forewarning

I like how some of the coral and stuff are RIGHT THERE... Like you're going to brush up against it. And there was just so much stuff to see!

We were in the front, so we missed a bit of the action, but I think they did what they could w/the subs being so long and all.

Of course, my favorite part was the anamatronic turtles. I totally gasped when I saw them,! They were the best surprise of the ride for me!

The volcano part wasn't working for us, though it was amusing to hear Nemo and his father go through this whole tribulation and all we saw was black!

Overall, I liked this a lot! Yay!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast