Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

• Minion

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Discussion & Moved Posts

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Hotel guests usually have early entry on Mondays. That is what probably happened. I believe Wednesday is NOT an EE day. If you're local, try that.
    Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sats are EE days. And hotel guests on EE days can take the monorail in, so they start with a 5 min headstart IF they got the first train.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    No....A building would not be blocking the lagoon. You basically extend the building out from the loading docks where it is right now. You can't see the lagoon very well anyway from the entrance anyway. You could make it two stories and have the monorail enter and leave it.

To take care of the hot people standing in line, we use cousin Orville's new invention - Air Cooling. (air conditioning) Maybe you've heard of it?
    I thought you were talking about around the lagoon. My bad.

• Banned User

Im hoping the lines die down once the new Star Tours and DCA upgrades get built and the peoplemover is reopened. That way you wont have meatbags blocking the view of the lagoon.

• "714"

Anybody at the park today????? How are the wait times fro nemo? Iam planning a night trip tonight. Any help would be super!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Beat the bruins!

Hello, I have a question for anyone who's been on Nemo (which I'm sure most of you who live near the park have already!). I'm heading down on a Sunday near the end of July. From what I've read it seems like the line ranges from 1.5 hours at times to 3.5 hours. When is the best time to ride? My sister told me she got to the park this morning (Sunday) and at 9am it was already at 3.5 hours!!!! So is it better to go later at night or around dinnertime or when? Any help or useful information would be great. Thank you very much, and carry on!
    The Kid

so I was there yesterday Sunday and it seems their biggest problem is that they don't open the parking structure until 7:30 which backed up traffic onto ball road. My friends who had managed to park elsewhere at 7:30 were in line for the turnstiles just before the park opened at 8, and they boarded the subs around 8:15. I was in line for the parking structure at 7:15, did not park until 8:10, and by the time I got to tommorrowland at 8:30, the Nemo line was 3-4 hours.

so my next attempt will involve parking anywhere but the structure.

• Defying gravity

Question about the subs and park capacity:

I'm curious if anyone thinks that the subs have shortened the lines at other major attractions at DL - Space Mt., Splash Mt., Indy, Big Thunder, etc.? Or have the subs just drawn so many other people into the park that they really have to effect on capacity?

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post

I'm curious if anyone thinks that the subs have shortened the lines at other major attractions at DL - Space Mt., Splash Mt., Indy, Big Thunder, etc.? Or have the subs just drawn so many other people into the park that they really have to effect on capacity?
    I think this is more the case with locals that have been coming out to ride it. But So Cal APers will be blocked out soon for the summer, once this happens you may have a few less locals in the park that may be coming just to ride FNSV, and then once the major summer crowds start arriving this weekend, it will be a true test. I suspect it won't have a huge impact on other rides. There will only be a certain number of people willing to wait 3+ hours for the Subs, so with a park capacity over 50-60,000 (I think thats right) and less than 4,000 of them in line for the subs at any given time, that probably won't have a significant impact on other rides.

A little piece of heaven

• MILLIONS OF BURRITOS!

Quick question; not very important, but it was something I found curious... We know the submarines are painted a dark blue-violet beneath water level. But it seems like it's to be assumed that the whole vessel is yellow (proof: Squirt calling the sub yellow, etc). So how come the subs are being advertised as they really are: half yellow, half blue?
    Don't believe everything you read, brother!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post

Yesterday it seemed to help the other rides in the park in the morning. Although Space Mtn fastpasses were going fast as I'm sure alot of people had the same idea we had. Get SM FP's while waiting in line for Nemo.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyFlats View Post
    Quick question; not very important, but it was something I found curious... We know the submarines are painted a dark blue-violet beneath water level. But it seems like it's to be assumed that the whole vessel is yellow (proof: Squirt calling the sub yellow, etc). So how come the subs are being advertised as they really are: half yellow, half blue?
    That's a good question. I hadn't noticed. I don't really have an answer, but now I'm curious. Maybe it's because the yellow is most prominent where you can actually see the subs.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Pilot EdForceOne

for the same reason the backside of buildings aren't painted, etc.. because they are out of sight... or because they must be that way to support the show.

They are probably blue to cut down on possible reflections on the dry walls in the show building

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718