Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

Does the ride have any references in it to the older Submarine Voyage attraction? Do Mermaids swim in this version or no? What about the Lake Monster, is he included in the ride somehow?

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

Spoilers, this kinda answers your question from what I've heard Disner Wrassler.
    Spoiler
    I guess the sea serpent and some mermaids are back in the ride. I just listened to the audio of the ride that Jerm mentioned. Right after the whale spits you out the captain says we better surface before we see a sea serpent or mermaids. So for anyone that went on the ride, are they hidden or can you see them clearly? I really hope the sea serpent looks like the old one.

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Discussion & Moved Posts

Didn't see a mermaid, but there is an homage to the serpent in the same area where it once existed. You do have to use your imagination a bit. Too bad the serpent was taken out, tho. It might have been fun seeing Nemo and friends swimming around him quizzically, melding the two technologies. But that's just the geek in me. I was fortunate enough to ride twice, and I appreciated the attraction much more the 2nd time around. There is a lot to take in, and it's a bit overwhelming at first. However, there does seem to be a lack of moving "sealife" in the main lagoon, and all creatures have been redesigned to fit the "cartoonish" style of the main characters. But these are minor complaints. This is a great attraction!

• Party Button!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Does the ride have any references in it to the older Submarine Voyage attraction? Do Mermaids swim in this version or no? What about the Lake Monster, is he included in the ride somehow?
    Spoiler
    The mermaid and the sea serpent are at the end of the attraction. They were created out of rocks and coral, so you have to look very, VERY closely. The mermaid comes first, and she's posed vertically. After her, you'll see the serpent's head. They're both hard to see.
    "I call Voyager! That's my sub. Voyager. MINE-SIES!"

"Have you noticed that during the holidays, Tomorrowland is the only land with no decorations? So, apparently, according to Disneyland, there is no Christmas in the future."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by attnspacetravelers View Post
    Spoiler
    The mermaid and the sea serpent are at the end of the attraction. They were created out of rocks and coral, so you have to look very, VERY closely. The mermaid comes first, and she's posed vertically. After her, you'll see the serpent's head. They're both hard to see.
    Are they painted certain colors or do they look like regular brown rock? Is it just the head of the sea serpent or the curving body too?

• Party Button!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Are they painted certain colors or do they look like regular brown rock? Is it just the head of the sea serpent or the curving body too?
    Spoiler
    They're plain grayish rocks with some coral/vegetation embellishments. The serpent has a curving body that you can barely see, but the mermaid is situated under it's second hump. Then it's head appears. When I first went on, I spotted the serpent's head and then I got back on and saw the mermaid.
    "I call Voyager! That's my sub. Voyager. MINE-SIES!"

"Have you noticed that during the holidays, Tomorrowland is the only land with no decorations? So, apparently, according to Disneyland, there is no Christmas in the future."

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by treelossong View Post
    Didn't see a mermaid, but there is an homage to the serpent in the same area where it once existed. You do have to use your imagination a bit. Too bad the serpent was taken out, tho. It might have been fun seeing Nemo and friends swimming around him quizzically, melding the two technologies. But that's just the geek in me. I was fortunate enough to ride twice, and I appreciated the attraction much more the 2nd time around. There is a lot to take in, and it's a bit overwhelming at first. However, there does seem to be a lack of moving "sealife" in the main lagoon, and all creatures have been redesigned to fit the "cartoonish" style of the main characters. But these are minor complaints. This is a great attraction!
    I knew I saw the serpeant! You kind of ask yourself "was that it or not?" It is very overwhelming and will take a few voyages to have it sink in.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Smile Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

I just absolutely love this ride!

Spoiler
    Don't forget that the captain asks to take the subs to 80 fathoms. "8-0 fathoms, aye aye!"
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• is too darn hot.

Oh yeah, they themed the Pipe of Doom over the queue, too. Says
    Spoiler
    Seawater supply. TL59 in tribute to the year the original attraction opened.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Just wanted to let people know that anyone who is not fortunate enough to go on one of the official previews the Dream Squad has been giving out passes.

We were around the lagoon this afternoon and a Dream Squad cast member came up to us and started to make small talk. Before we knew it, we had passes and were on the subs about 20 minutes later. The one who came up to us gave us passes, but I also saw a couple other Dream Squad people actually walking with people and having them go in line. When we got off of the subs there were no Dream Squad members around, so this may be as random as the other prizes they give out. So if they continue to do this it might be a good idea to watch for them if you are in the area and would like to try and get on the subs before they offically open.

• Banned User

Suspended in the timelessness of inner space

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Oh yeah, they themed the Pipe of Doom over the queue, too. Says
    Spoiler
    Seawater supply. TL59 in tribute to the year the original attraction opened.
    Okay, I think that's a little excessive in terms of what is a spoiler.

I'd imagine the Dream Squad people are picking up guests to fill in the times when there aren't enough ticketed people to keep the subs full and running quickly.

• Shablagoo!

Re: *MAJORSPOILER* First Onride Nemo Video Released!

Quote Originally Posted by rex22 View Post
    Sounds like a fun ride to be ridden on.
    "snicker" "ridden on"

• Minion

Fantastic Job Disney!!!
    Way to go! I can't wait to see it, sigh, it will be a while.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

I wish I could see it Thur but no dice I cannot believe we won just to get the chance snatched away

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast